• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

milkham

Welp, I guess I'm joining you guys. After paying off my house a few days ago and realizing that there's not much I have to do with my 800k bells, I dumped it all yesterday on turnips. It's only like, 2 beetle catching trips, so it's not too bad if I mess up. Bought at 98, and Monday so far is 89 then 85. I did read up on it a little.

Anyway question:

Buying turnips itself was tedious as hell because I bought 1000, dumped them on the floor in my house, then rinse repeat. Then I had to clear out half of my locker space to store it all. Am I missing something here? Is this the only way to handle turnips? If I have more than that and I wanna sell it in some nice gaffer's town, I have to store them all over the floor of my house/museum and do multiple trips to the town?

you can create a second character and just use their locker for turnips

Flamfas

88 | AM MON
85 | PM MON

meh, this week looks bleak

Yeah but I mean like, if you have more than what can be stored in lockers. Or am I just not supposed to buy that many, haha.

oohhh. I've never run into that before, even this week when I spent 1 million on turnips, haha. Just keep your locker as clear of other things as possible, and if you still run out of space ... damn, that's a lot of turnips hah.

bumpkin

After going gung-ho last week -- bought and sold 20k for a tidy profit -- this week I only bought 10,000 turnips. It was such a time-suck having to make trips back and forth to the locker to grab more turnips and drop off bell bags. Video game first world problems...

Anyways, this week Joan was selling them for 102 bells apiece...

Monday AM: 102 bells
Monday PM: ??

I just get the feeling it's going to be a random or purely declining week.

Welp, I guess I'm joining you guys. After paying off my house a few days ago and realizing that there's not much I have to do with my 800k bells, I dumped it all yesterday on turnips. It's only like, 2 beetle catching trips, so it's not too bad if I mess up. Bought at 98, and Monday so far is 89 then 85. I did read up on it a little.

Anyway question:

Buying turnips itself was tedious as hell because I bought 1000, dumped them on the floor in my house, then rinse repeat. Then I had to clear out half of my locker space to store it all. Am I missing something here? Is this the only way to handle turnips? If I have more than that and I wanna sell it in some nice gaffer's town, I have to store them all over the floor of my house/museum and do multiple trips to the town?

Do you have the gold watering can? If so, and you don't mind forgoing your perfect town for a while, just mass dump turnips in front of your station.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I bought 2200 @ 98 per at 11:58 yesterday after doing really well on a bug run. I look forward to living up to my bell pincher reputation.

Vire

Hey guys, new owner of a 3DS here and I wanted to ask a question.

If I'm someone who can't really play during the daytime because of work, can I still get enjoyment out of this game? Or will I be missing out on a lot of stuff? I've never played an Animal Crossing game before, but I know of the real-time elements.

Hey guys, new owner of a 3DS here and I wanted to ask a question.

If I'm someone who can't really play during the daytime because of work, can I still get enjoyment out of this game? Or will I be missing out on a lot of stuff? I've never played an Animal Crossing game before, but I know of the real-time elements.

I can only play during the evenings and I'm having fun. I'd suggest enabling Night Owl ordinance, though.

Vire

I can only play during the evenings and I'm having fun. I'd suggest enabling Night Owl ordinance, though.

I just looked up Night Owl ordinance, so the town can be more active during the night?

Neat feature.

Also, what should I expect in terms of sim management? More than your average iOS game but less than a game like the Sims?

bumpkin

I just looked up Night Owl ordinance, so the town can be more active during the night?

Neat feature.

Also, what should I expect in terms of sim management? More than your average iOS game but less than a game like the Sims?
Does night owl also make the shops open later though? I have the ordinance in place since I mostly play in the evening, but it drives me nuts that I can't check turnip prices before 9am, and only have three hours to do so before they change. :(

It's looking like a random week is on tap for me...

Bought at 102 bells...

Monday AM: 102 bells
Monday PM: 131 bells

Tuesday AM: 65 bells
Tuesday PM: 61 bells

SleazyC

Monday: AM - 82, PM - 78
Tuesday: AM - 74, PM - 70

Looks like it could be a decreasing pattern, which means a terrible week for me.

Does night owl also make the shops open later though? I have the ordinance in place since I mostly play in the evening, but it drives me nuts that I can't check turnip prices before 9am, and only have three hours to do so before they change. :(

I think the opening times are the same as default/pretty town/bell boom ordinances, but they close a few hours later.

Monday:

Morning: 117
Afternoon: 140

Tuesday:

Morning: 121
Afternoon: 151

Keeping a notepad file of my Turnip prices when I buy from henceforth, anyone have any thoughts at my pattern and if I should sell soon or try and wait it out? I bought for 108, just to add that in as well.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
088 | AM MON
085 | PM MON
097 | AM TUE
167 | PM TUE

HELP ME GAF.

Should I expect a high price on Wednesday/Thursday?

Hmm it looks like tue an was the start of your increase. So it's either the 3rd or 4th increase. So either Wed AM or Wed PM will be your best bet. If its like over 200 Wed am then that's probably your best price.

kubus

First time buying turnips, didn't buy a lot though because lol no money. Hopefully I can turn(ip) a profit! Ha! (Sorry)

Monday
AM: 120
PM: 103
Tuesday:
AM: 81
PM: 77
Wednesday:
AM: 67
PM: 140

So ummmm what am I looking at here? Is this a spike?

bumpkin

First time buying turnips, didn't buy a lot though because lol no money. Hopefully I can turn(ip) a profit! Ha! (Sorry)

Monday
AM: 120
PM: 103
Tuesday:
AM: 81
PM: 77
Wednesday:
AM: 67
PM: 140

So ummmm what am I looking at here? Is this a spike?
I think the info graphic earlier in the thread says that a few sequential decreases followed by an increase can be a sign that it's going to shoot up. I'd say your AM price Thurs could be one to watch for.

tetsuoFI

Monday: AM: 63, PM: 57
Tuesday: AM: 53, PM: 105
Wednesday: AM: 108, PM: 170

First time selling turnips. What I've read about turnips, I'm guessing this is a small spike pattern? Tomorrow morning should be the best price then?

SeZMehK

This is the fourth time in a row that I am getting a spike. The first three times occurred at times when I could not help you guys to sell. This time, it looks like I can help people unload turnips.

Trend:
Monday: 70 | 61
Tuesday: 53 | 129
Wednesday: 109 | ??

EDIT: Looks like its just a random week for me... :/

Top Bottom