• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

bumpkin

Turnips were selling for 108 bells in my town this morning, a little higher than last week's price (102). They were actually selling for 90 in my wife's town, but I didn't feel like going through the hassle of visiting; I was halfway through my buying at that point anyways.

Two weeks ago I went totally gung-ho and bought 20k and last week I think I bought 10k. Decided to go a little under halfway between and went for 12k. I know it's totally an ACNL "first world problem," but selling 20k was such a pain in the ass. I had to leave random shit everywhere in my town, take up every slot in my locker, and even carry nothing but turnips on my person when I went to visit the buying town.

We'll see how the turnip fates treat me this week. Come on big money, no whammies, no whammies...

just put in at least 3 million . Im gonna clean up the mess I made in my town later tonight. This is my 2nd try doing this turnip thing, the first was 450k making the 3 million. I wish I knew about this sooner. Im done with beetles!

Seriously, this thread is great! I had a great selling price in my town last week (624) but unfortunately it was selling before noon when I was at work. I sold my turnips but I wish I could have contributed to this thread. :-(

D-e-f-

Banned
Bought at: 109 bells

Monday: 93 bells (AM) / 90 bells (PM)
Tuesday: ___ (AM) / ___ (PM)
Wednesday: ___ (AM) / ___ (PM)
Thursday: ___ (AM) / ___ (PM)
Friday: ___ (AM) / ___ (PM)
Saturday: ___ (AM) / ___ (PM)

Gonna steal your graphic. :)

Bought at: dunno anymore.

Monday: 127 bells (AM) / ___ (PM)

This doesn't bode well, is it... :(

Finally paid off my house loans thanks to GAF last week, so I'm going to take off selling this week.

I'll still keep a lookout in case I get a spike, though.

Monday: 127 bells (AM) / 130 (PM)

Hmz, not sure what this gonna do tomorrow...

Bought at: 92 bells

Monday: 118 bells (AM) / ___ bells (PM)

So far, so good... I think? I don't know too much on the patterns, really.

So I bought 80,000 turnips @ 96 b/t and came up with a pretty neat method to buy quickly. I pushed Joan all the way to my house, corralled her into a 1x2 space directly beneath my door with shovel-holes, and then set my safe (closet/drawer/locker) in the first space on the right as soon as you walk in. I quickly fill the safe, and then carry it over to the empty rooms to dump the contents. If you have a full-sized house (6 8x8 rooms) and you rent all of the museum exhibit rooms (4 8x8 rooms), you can store up to 82,000 turnips ([6+4] * [8*8] = 640 + 180 slots in the locker = 820 * 100 turnips per space = 82000 turnips).

I have a slot for a villager, thinking about making a new one, dropping off a locker, shovel, and a couple million bells, and having him/her buy the extra 18,000 to make a 100,000 turnip purchase next week. 0_0.

M am 86 pm ?

bumpkin

Monday AM: 95 ( -156,000 )
Monday PM: 91 bells ( -204,000 )

Tuesday AM: 85 bells ( -276,000 )
Tuesday PM: 80 bells ( -336,000 )

So I'm either on the verge of a big spike tomorrow morning or the downward trend is going to assert its presence. :(

So I bought 80,000 turnips @ 96 b/t and came up with a pretty neat method to buy quickly. I pushed Joan all the way to my house, corralled her into a 1x2 space directly beneath my door with shovel-holes, and then set my safe (closet/drawer/locker) in the first space on the right as soon as you walk in. I quickly fill the safe, and then carry it over to the empty rooms to dump the contents. If you have a full-sized house (6 8x8 rooms) and you rent all of the museum exhibit rooms (4 8x8 rooms), you can store up to 82,000 turnips ([6+4] * [8*8] = 640 + 180 slots in the locker = 820 * 100 turnips per space = 82000 turnips).

I have a slot for a villager, thinking about making a new one, dropping off a locker, shovel, and a couple million bells, and having him/her buy the extra 18,000 to make a 100,000 turnip purchase next week. 0_0.

M am 86 pm ?

I have too much furniture and stuff to just empty out the house and the museum exhibits... I just throw them all over my town.

D-e-f-

Banned

M am 86 pm ?

You're insane :D

Love it. lol

After you've payed off the house, how much money do you really need? Are there that many new projects to build?

Monday: 118 bells (AM) / 56 bells (PM)

Ooooooooooooof, massive fall off :( Hopefully it improves later in the week...

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican

Ooooooooooooof, massive fall off :( Hopefully it improves later in the week...
That sounds like a random pattern to me. You'll know Tuesday for sure

I have too much furniture and stuff to just empty out the house and the museum exhibits... I just throw them all over my town.

Hey SHOES! Anything orderable I sold, and everything else went into mail storage. I even have the items in mail storage labeled (I type the name of the item into the body of the letter to which it's attached).

My goal is to get 100 million in the bank and then move onto other aspects of the game.

D-e-f-

Banned
Bought at: 109 bells

Monday: 93 bells (AM) / 90 bells (PM)
Tuesday: 86 bells (AM) / 82 bells (PM)

Monday: 127 bells (AM) / 130 (PM)
Tuesday: 98 (AM) / 144 (PM)

Guess, I'll have to sell in another town, again... :( Looks like a small spike...

Tuesday: ??? (AM) / 101 (PM)

Not too bad... anyone know what my pattern might be and when I could expect the peak?

MA 71
MP 67
TA 61
TP 103

Please let me have the high spike for once. I seem to shift into a random pattern at some point, every single week.

EdgeXL

Bought roughly $3 million bells worth of turnips at 98.

Sold 22,800 turnips at 606 for a total of $13,816,800

Sold 8,700 turnips at 518 for a total of $4,506,600.

Gross profit: $18,323,400.

Tipped 1.85 million to two hosts. New total $16,473,400.

Minus $3,087,000 (cost of turnips.)

Total net profit this week: $13,386,400

Frost_Ace

Guys, I have an unexpected price of 568 at my town, I'll be available now and later this evening. If you want to come my FC is in the profile!

Guys, I have an unexpected price of 568 at my town, I'll be available now and later this evening. If you want to come my FC is in the profile!

Yay, I want to come. :) Will be this evening though. My FC is in my profile.

I think I'll be there in about 4-5 hours. Could be sooner though. I'll post here or PM you when I'm home.

Actually yeah they'd be much appreciated :D

I'm missing:

Styraco torso

Parasaurus tail

Iguanodon torso

Ankylo head

Pteranodon left wing

And the leftmost boxed one which I can't identificate.

I think I have the tail, but I have to look to be sure. Ok, then I'll come in the evening. :) Let you know when I'm home.

Top Bottom