• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

Does it really matter about buy prices? They're all around 90-110 (mine were 102 this morning) but that'll be overwhelmed by any 500+ sell price so why fuss? Support your local turnip economy

Buying 5,000 turnips at 90 Bells each vs. buying 5,000 turnips at 110 Bells each amounts to a 100,000 Bells difference.
It's not a huge amount in the long run, but it's definitely nothing to scoff at either, especially when it can be remedied as easily as visiting another town. :p

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
It was my first day of purhcasing turnips, I poured my life savings (like a mil and some) and filled almost 3 rooms. Looking forward to making a hefty profit (I hope!)

Sol1dus

They were 95 but I'm at the airport to drop off my gf. If I turn the clock back, buy turnips and drop them off at someone else's town so I can fast forward- do they still spoil?

SmithnCo

They were 95 but I'm at the airport to drop off my gf. If I turn the clock back, buy turnips and drop them off at someone else's town so I can fast forward- do they still spoil?

I don't think fast-forwarding kills them unless you go past a Sunday. The game tells a paradox by you being in a time before a time you played before.

ohlawd

4425-1513-5442

If anyone wants to come, just drop your FC. You can still buy turnips for an hour as of this post.

edit: Oh and please run on the terrible looking path I've set between my Re-tail and Station.

jarofbees

Neo Member
Looking for towns to visit to buy / sell turnips - just got the game so have zero friends so far!
Please add me - 5000-2490-1863

Sol1dus

In about an hour I'm going to go back in time so I can buy turnips, ill be posting the prices here if anyone wants to come over. I also have someone coming for a haircut, if anyone else is interested.

Please do not run on my flowers or ill come at you with my axe.

EDIT- 'Nips are selling for 101.
EDIT-Now they're 91.

Sol1dus

Gamefaqs is crazy with bells. I saw someone offering a 99K fee for using a persons Shampoodle's today. They cray.

Probably because most of them are youngsters that don't have anything to do but do runs on the islands for beetles? :p Just an idea.

eggwolio

Whoops...I meant 1 million IN turnips, not 1 millions turnips. Early Sunday...good turnip price, bad typing skills.

EDIT: ACES, come on in. Gates open.

Before I got to this post, I was trying to fathom where one stores a hundred thousand bundles of turnips. Thanks for the clarification.

eggwolio

So we're pretty new to the turnip game in our household. My gf is more of the doc & marty/bill & ted type(she time travels). I go day by day. In her town, it's currently Saturday afternoon, July 13, around noon. In my town, it's almost 1AM on Monday, the 1st.

So, here's the question I have. She has hundreds of turnips in her town which are going to expire shortly. If I were to go to her town and pick them up off the ground and return to my town, would they all rot instantly or will they be good until I see Joan next Sunday? I'm trying to find her a solution before she loses lots of money. Thanks in advance. :)

matt360

So we're pretty new to the turnip game in our household. My gf more of the doc & marty/bill & ted type(she time travels). I do not. I go day by day. In her town, it's currently Saturday afternoon, July 13, around noon in her town. In my town, it's almost 1AM on Monday, the 1st.

So, here's the question I have. She has hundreds of turnips in her town which are going to expire shortly. If I were to go to her town and pick them up off the ground and return to my town, would they all rot instantly or will they be good until I see Joan next Sunday? I'm trying to find her a solution before she loses lots of money. Thanks in advance. :)

That's a good question. I'm in a similar situation in that my wife time travels and I do not. But she has the JPN version and has been playing for months while I just picked up the US version when it came out.

Why don't you try just bringing one batch back to your town and see what happens?

zroid

Banned
I think you're safe. A few people tried this on Saturday night, buying turnips early from people in a timezone where it was Sunday morning already. Of course, their turnips went bad (tragically), but not until Sunday.

eggwolio

I think you're safe. A few people tried this on Saturday night, buying turnips early from people in a timezone where it was Sunday morning already. Of course, their turnips went bad (tragically), but not until Sunday.

Thanks for the reply, (and to matt as well)

I just brought 18,600 turnips from her town into mine. I brought 100 in my pocket and 18,500 in my locker. Plus the 750 I purchased myself this morning are also in my locker. None are spoiled yet, We'll see how things look in the morning, but I think everything should be alright.

Ok, i'm ready to flip these bloody nips

thumbnail_9931.jpg

one_kill

I only got 3200 turnips this week since work has recently amped up.

Hopefully I can get a decent profit. :D My town price is at 100 so far.

hiro4

So anyone who wants to sell their turnips at a massive loss can come to me.
Currently at a measly 64 bells a pop :(

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Code:
Sunday:       106

Monday    AM: 96
          PM: 90

Tuesday   AM: 87
          PM: 83

Wednesday AM: ?
          PM: ?

Thursday  AM: ?

Friday    AM: ?

Saturday  AM: ?

It begins.

Linius

I'm about to sell for 465 in a bit. I'm happy with that since tomorrow will be my last chance to sell. It was a bit of gamble buying this week so I only went in with 5000. That still nets a nice profit for hardly any work :)

hiro4

I'm about to sell for 465 in a bit. I'm happy with that since tomorrow will be my last chance to sell. It was a bit of gamble buying this week so I only went in with 5000. That still nets a nice profit for hardly any work :)

Can I come and visit your village and sell my turnips?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Already!?

Linius

Can I come and visit your village and sell my turnips?

Oh it's not in my town, should have added that in the post :p

Already!?

Yeah, I'm leaving for a festival early on wednesday with no access to my 3DS until next week on monday. So I better take my chances with a good enough price. If I have to settle for less tomorrow night I'll kick myself :p

Linius

I meant the fact you already got a good price first thing on a Monday.

It's some guy over at Gamefaqs, guess he has a random spike. I found it that Gamefaqs could be worthy for turnip selling when you spot a thread at the right moment and they don't ask crazy bells. 10 percent fee will do for this guy, so I'm fine with that.

Damn you!! :p
I need the space in my inventory and I only bought a 1000 turnips.
Thanks anyway though ^^

Won't happen again :p

Top Bottom