• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
First time playing the stalk market.

Yesterday, I bought 4,200 at 104 Bells each.

Today in the AM the price for stalks was at 109 Bells. Now, in the PM, it's at 135 Bells. I'm thinking about selling, as it would net me a 130,200 Bell profit in less than 24 hours, but I'm wondering if I should try holding out for a better price...

Hmm... decisions.

Do you all have your own personal threshold for when you decide to sell?

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Hell yes.

Buy at any price, sell for over 500.

How often does a huge spike like that even happen? Do you just wait until the final day and sell then if it never shows up?

I'm the same as ohlawd as far as thresholds go.

How often does a huge spike like that even happen? Do you just wait until the final day and sell then if it never shows up?
It might be troublesome waiting for your own prices to get that high but with a big community as ACGAF, a handful of people are bound to reach that spike.

It always has every week since release. We've had prices in the 600s.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So, pretty much just keep an eye on this thread and be ready to contact the person who posts a high price (also post if I see a high price in my town)?

Is there anything I need to do to prepare for this other than have my friend code ready?

suzu

I didn't check my AM price, but PM price is 113.

So, pretty much just keep an eye on this thread and be ready to contact the person who posts a high price (also post if I see a high price in my town)?

Is there anything I need to do to prepare for this other than have my friend code ready?

Try to keep your turnips in your storage (via train locker), so it's easier to go back and forth when you sell them. Instead of having to leave and go back to your town to get them.

I filled the B and C sections of my locker with turnips. Some of the A, too.

Next week, I will fill my entire locker with turnips.

I'm not crazy.

Bought 5000 yesterday for 95 bells. Hopefully this turns out nice 'cuz I need to really upgrade my house.

AM was like 80 something and PM is 79 for Monday.

Volodja

Sunday 95
Monday AM 83
Monday PM 80

Looks like it could be a spike pattern.
I doubt it'll go high enough, but one can always hope for the best.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Anyone have high-priced turnips today?

Parfait

nh3a2GC.png

RSHO2Jm.jpg

Mon 134 | 137 yes...yes....
Tues 64

doh. Does that mean random?
Yup. Seems a lot of people are on random this week. For anyone that has messed around with the stalk market in previous games, has random got a chance of going high at all? Don't think I've ever seen over 150 on a random pattern and it's floating around 110-120 consistently for me.

Top Bottom