• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

My boar is selling turnips for 95. Take note, i'm in Australia (gmt +10) so I don't know what that means with your timezone / turnip rotting situation, but if you want in i'll open my gates.

flippedb

Banned
My boar is selling turnips for 95. Take note, i'm in Australia (gmt +10) so I don't know what that means with your timezone / turnip rotting situation, but if you want in i'll open my gates.

If I buy them and bring them back to my game, which is still stuck on saturday, will they rot?

ramyeon

Doesn't Joan leave at 12PM? It's 1PM here in Australia now.

Mine was selling for 105, so I just put in my money anyway. Put down a total of around 1.5mil this week... Fingers crossed.

Betty

Banned
If I buy them and bring them back to my game, which is still stuck on saturday, will they rot?

Yes you will, I've just discovered this first hand.

If you buy turnips in another time zone ahead of time, then return to your town, when Joan show up they WILL be rotten.

Curse you Joan, 110 each this week (the maximum possible price).

If anyone happens to have turnips for under 100 bells and would be willing to let me pop over to their town to buy some I'd be very grateful. Since I'm putting all my cash in this week I can't really leave a decent tip, but I can drop off some Mario items, Modern Wood furniture, glass display cabinets and other stuff if you want anything.

Sordid

Curse you Joan, 110 each this week (the maximum possible price).

If anyone happens to have turnips for under 100 bells and would be willing to let me pop over to their town to buy some I'd be very grateful. Since I'm putting all my cash in this week I can't really leave a decent tip, but I can drop off some Mario items, Modern Wood furniture, glass display cabinets and other stuff if you want anything.

Mine are at 96 iirc, I'll double check though!

Edit: Yep, 96. I'll add you and open my gates if you want in :)

Mine are at 96 iirc, I'll double check though!

Edit: Yep, 96. I'll add you and open my gates if you want in :)

Wonderful, thanks.

Edit: Cheers for letting me in to buy them, I've gotta say you've got some awesome looking villagers as well - that chef hippo wandering around looked great.

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
Just a silly question but I saw last week that people were enacting the early bird ordinance to get a jump start on the turnip sales but wouldn't it feasibly be better to leave on the bell ordinance since, in theory, if you hit a big spike the spike would be bigger than usual than if you didn't have the ordinance on? Reese pays more for stuff when it's on so one would think that would work.

Sordid

Wonderful, thanks.

Edit: Cheers for letting me in to buy them, I've gotta say you've got some awesome looking villagers as well - that chef hippo wandering around looked great.

No worries, hope you get lucky with those turnips.

Edit: I just came back to my DS and noticed you left me some gifts. Thanks!

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
Got 1 million (pinky held to lip) turnips at a nice 94 a pop. Now we play the waiting game. Now I'm out for the day. Good luck with prices everyone.

Stat!

Anyone have Joan selling turnips at a half decent price?

Looking to spend less than 106 bells per turnip. Going to try and invest 400k.

UberTag

First week of turnips... just a few hundred to get my feet wet and to let them rot for flies and ants.
2nd week of turnips... 9,350. Pretty much whatever I could get for a 1,000,000 bell investment.
THIS week of turnips... 18,000. One full locker full.

Next week?

It's really going to get crazy once I have my entire house paid off.
Will go into money hording mode.
I suspect I'll have a week where I have 72,000 turnips in storage between all my alternate characters.

Cloak

Joan is selling for 90. I just dropped all my bells on turnips lol. If anyone wants in, PM me. But I'll be on a little later... 3DS was nearly dead and its currently charging.

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
Well, did my good deed for the day. Aces go his turnip fix for 94 a pop and turns out he's on day 3 so I hooked him up with my Nintendo item doubles. Really, who needs 3 Triforces? Someone tell Link there's an easier way to get it besides all that adventuring! :p

Just got this game yesterday, and Joan arrives in half an hour. I have about 11,000 bells right now. What's a good amount of turnips to buy for my first time, with that in mind?

Stat!

Well, did my good deed for the day. Aces go his turnip fix for 94 a pop and turns out he's on day 3 so I hooked him up with my Nintendo item doubles. Really, who needs 3 Triforces? Someone tell Link there's an easier way to get it besides all that adventuring! :p

I think you did your good deed for the month. Thanks a ton - I really appreciated the help.

I also got the development permit today and I met Tortimer. So pretty good AC day start for me.

Baron - I bought as much as I could because once I got the fishing rod/net,I could net 7500 on trips to the ocean/river and then to retail after donating my new stuff to the museum.

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
I should have beetle-farmed last night but I was too tired. Just gonna dump my entire balance on turnips today. :lol

Oh, man, I had three really good nights of beetle and shark farming. Near a 900k a night for maybe 90 minutes work. The golden stags were just hopping into my net.

GuitarAnthony

Neo Member
I think you did your good deed for the month. Thanks a ton - I really appreciated the help.

I also got the development permit today and I met Tortimer. So pretty good AC day start for me.

Baron - I bought as much as I could because once I got the fishing rod/net,I could net 7500 on trips to the ocean/river and then to retail after donating my new stuff to the museum.

Believe me, after 7pm on the island, it's beetle (palm tree ones) and shark heaven. If bell ordinance is on, you can rack up some insane cash.

Greetings Turnip-GAF. Joan is selling for 91 bells in my town this morning. I bought 6000 to fill one of the locker letters. Hope for another 500+ cash-in this week. If anyone wants to buy at a lower price, I'll open my gates for a bit. FC is 0001-3321-1065. Name is Jay.

Linius

First week of turnips... just a few hundred to get my feet wet and to let them rot for flies and ants.
2nd week of turnips... 9,350. Pretty much whatever I could get for a 1,000,000 bell investment.
THIS week of turnips... 18,000. One full locker full.

Next week?

It's really going to get crazy once I have my entire house paid off.
Will go into money hording mode.
I suspect I'll have a week where I have 72,000 turnips in storage between all my alternate characters.

You know having that much turnips to sell doesn't make it easier when you want to sell foreign? :p

And to be honest, at some point you really don't need all that much money anymore. Are you planning on a charity fund or something? :D

KaYotiX

Banned
Greetings Turnip-GAF. Joan is selling for 91 bells in my town this morning. I bought 6000 to fill one of the locker letters. Hope for another 500+ cash-in this week. If anyone wants to buy at a lower price, I'll open my gates for a bit. FC is 0001-3321-1065. Name is Jay.

added you, here is mine

0087-2303-7179

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

PM sent

UberTag

You know having that much turnips to sell doesn't make it easier when you want to sell foreign? :p

And to be honest, at some point you really don't need all that much money anymore. Are you planning on a charity fund or something? :D
Got to save up 100 million bells for my ATM somehow, right?

Cloak

Sorry for the delay. 3DS is charged up and its 11:16 AM my time, Joan is selling for 90.

If anyone is interested my gate is open
FC#: 4511-0472-4001

zroid

Banned
I bought 9000 last week, and 8000 this week. If I can sell for 600+ again I think I'll be mostly set for bells thereafter.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
Just put in over 800,000 bells at 90 bells a turnip. I hope this ends well. Thanks again, Cloak!

flippedb

Banned
Boar is selling at 92. I have to leave now, so pass me a couple FCs, I'll leave my gates open for you, GAF. My FC is in my profile. You still have 2 hours till noon.

flippedb

Banned
Count me in. =) FC: 2750-1176-9837

Sure! Done!

Ok, gates are open now, guys. Just a few things: don't run please, my grass suffers; Joan is near the tree plaza; take fruits, It's ok. I have more of them in some trees near my house; don't touch the flowers, please!; don't touch the fossils I still have to dug up.

I don't like people tipping, it's really up to you if you want to do it. The only requirement to come over, is to have me on your friends list. Price is 92 bells per Turnip

Have fun!

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Does it really matter about buy prices? They're all around 90-110 (mine were 102 this morning) but that'll be overwhelmed by any 500+ sell price so why fuss? Support your local turnip economy

Top Bottom