• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Animal Crossing: New Leaf | Turnip OT | Sunday is the boar's day

Tayaya

Bought at 103

Mon AM - 51
Mon PM - 152
Tue AM - 144
Tue PM - 194

So what's going on? Should I sell?

Looks like a random pattern to me. You probably won't see much over 194 in your own town, but if you follow TurnipGAF you may be able to cash out much higher later.

What I do when faced with this dilemma (and not relying on TurnipGAF) is sell enough turnips to make back my initial investment. The rest are pure profit at that point - so even if your price tanks you'll get SOMETHING out of it.

gwarm01

Turnips are selling at 440 bells in my town today. I won't be able to play until around 7PM EST, but my friend code is 3737-9619-2795.

Send me a PM if interested and I will let you know when I get home.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Looks like a random pattern to me. You probably won't see much over 194 in your own town, but if you follow TurnipGAF you may be able to cash out much higher later.

What I do when faced with this dilemma (and not relying on TurnipGAF) is sell enough turnips to make back my initial investment. The rest are pure profit at that point - so even if your price tanks you'll get SOMETHING out of it.

Not bad advice. I might actually just cash out now since I've got enough to sell at that price and pay off my current loan. I can expand my house, have enough left to shop for new stuff, and prepare for next week. ~100/turnip profit isn't terrible for my first outing.

E: Although gwarm01's price sounds delicious.

UberTag

I consider any slightly decreasing trend on a Monday to be a good thing.
What you don't want is drastic shifts in one direction or the other.

My turnip numbers (village selling price 110, my purchase price courtesy of this thread 90):

Monday AM = 111
Monday PM = 105

The type of numbers you don't want are those that "perpetually trending random" spindashing always posts.
Tuesday AM = 112
Tuesday PM = 137

Data: 111, 105, 112, 137
Pattern(s) detected: Large Spike
Best Guess Sell Time: Wednesday morning

Large Spike? Really, Stalk Market Wizard? Doesn't feel like a large spike pattern to me.
I guess we'll find out soon enough.

SeZMehK

Monday AM 66
Monday PM 109
Tuesday AM 116
Tuesday PM 153

Is this good my fellow GAF members?

Haha, the wizard is saying to sell immediately which I will not.

hemishushawa

Neo Member
Tuesday AM = 112
Tuesday PM = 137

Data: 111, 105, 112, 137
Best Guess Sell Time: Wednesday morning

Large Spike? Really, Stalk Market Wizard? Doesn't feel like a large spike pattern to me.
I guess we'll find out soon enough.

I'm on the same boat but my spike will apparently be smaller since my numbers have been lower than those.

Alo81

Low Poly Gynecologist
Turnips are selling at 440 bells in my town today. I won't be able to play until around 7PM EST, but my friend code is 3737-9619-2795.

I hit you up. I bought a lot of turnips so I'll probably just sell half as to not hold you up too long.

Bleh.

Data: 91, 92, 140, 184
Best Guess Sell Time: Immediately

This is my large spike? I'll hold off then.

My turnips selling price has yet to reach over 150 since owning this game. I have a loser town.

Sent :)

Megatron

Sunday buy - 96
Monday am - 63
Monday pm - 54
Tuesday am - 50
Tuesday pm - 46

This is getting pretty epic... I feel a big game changer coming!

DrEvil

not a medical professional

I have also PM'd you :)

pulga

Banned
Monday: 102 / 64
Tuesday: 54 / 127

Random pattern or is it spiking?

Pm'd!

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Are there two prices per day or something? I thought it was just one price everyday.

Either way, buying at 124 today.

Looking for someone 400+

mrklaw

MrArseFace
If you have night owl ordinance, turnip prices should change later than 12. 3 hours for the morning and 14 hours for the afternoon is a little lopsided.

Bought: 90
Monday AM: 100
Monday PM: 87
Tuesday AM: 60
Tuesday PM: 56

Pretty much random but I can smell the high spike tomorrow!! Lol

For folks who are still confused about all the trends and prices and tricks regarding turnips, animalcrossing.us just made these cute infographics:

tumblr_mpo14jYoU11sp8elno1_500.png

kTRswwH.png

tumblr_mpo14jYoU11sp8elno3_500.png

There was apparently an error in the "long-term trends" section of the graphic; the changes are below:

tumblr_inline_mpoq40FRuS1qz4rgp.png

edit: eh, I just copy/pasted the updated part onto the image so it's easier to read.

Korosenai

Bought them for 107

Monday AM: 83
Monday PM: 79
Tuesday AM: 146
Tuesday PM: 145

.... welp, it was looking good. I guess i'll wait and see what the price is going to look like tomorrow evening.

Top Bottom