• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime - Summer 08 - Show info and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dead

well not really...yet
Code Geass 20 = :lol :lol

Worst episode of anime I've seen all year, so laughably inept in every sense. Worst of all, not only is it horrible, but it pretty much makes the entire series completely worthless.

lol Taniguchi, how far you've fallen.

jman2050

Dead said:

Worst episode of anime I've seen all year, so laughably inept in every sense. Worst of all, not only is it horrible, but it pretty much makes the entire series completely worthless.

I'm just watching to see how the whole thing ends. 20 was so unbelievably LOL that I am morbidly curious as to how the writers are going to get themselves out of this black hole :lol

Dead

well not really...yet
jman2050 said:
I'm just watching to see how the whole thing ends. 20 was so unbelievably LOL that I am morbidly curious as to how the writers are going to get themselves out of this black hole :lol
2ir56id.jpg

By running away :D

mAcOdIn

flintstryker said:
If i am watching something and i consider it stupid guess what i do guys?
Watch my recommendations instead, now if you find something I've recommended to be stupid, you might try a hypnotherapist or masturbation.

jman2050

But no, seriously, I so want to see how the show ends now that it seems like any semblance of rational plot progression was thrown out the window. The situation was precarious as is, but this is just epic :lol

Tamanon

Banned
jman2050 said:
But no, seriously, I so want to see how the show ends now that it seems like any semblance of rational plot progression was thrown out the window. The situation was precarious as is, but this is just epic :lol

Judging by the titles, it's not quite done being really weird. Last episode is called
Emperor Lelouch

I'm only up to S1E17 now, Knight, but it was an epic, awesome episode. Not sure what folks were talking about with it being bad after Mao. The new mechs were great, although it's still weird hearing songs with japanese lyrics as actual fight music, heh.

USD

So are there any new shows this season worth watching other than Birdy? Nothing else seems very interesting.

mAcOdIn

USD said:
So are there any new shows this season worth watching other than Birdy? Nothing else seems very interesting.
What?

Telepathy Shoujo Ran - Show about two middle schoolers with psychic powers who go around stopping crimes, very Scooby Doo-ish but better, well except for the season that had Vincent Price.

Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu - Show about a girl who's a total anime/manga geek who tries to hide it and her romance with her classmate who knows the secret. Also contains awesome parodies and references, chainsaw wielding maid. Not Genshiken good but episode 7 that just aired was possibly the most epic episode this summer, beating out Macross Frontier episode 7 IMO.

Stop looking for mecha and enjoy the mellower shows this season.

rykomatsu

mAcOdIn said:
Nogizaka Haruka no Himitsu - Show about a girl who's a total anime/manga geek who tries to hide it and her romance with her classmate who knows the secret. Also contains awesome parodies and references, chainsaw wielding maid. Not Genshiken good but episode 7 that just aired was possibly the most epic episode this summer, beating out Macross Frontier episode 7 IMO.

i guess to each their own...personally, i enjoy Nogizaki more than Genshiken 1/2....

Natsume Yuujincho is also very nice...there's a lot of subtlety in the production, but each ep manages to be emotional while being somewhat minimalist at the same time.

rykomatsu

jman2050 said:

It's sad when a little kid like Kaguya actually has more intelligence than Ougi/Diethardt/Todo...lol (really really disappointed in Todo's character now).

mAcOdIn

rykomatsu said:
i guess to each their own...personally, i enjoy Nogizaki more than Genshiken 1/2....

Natsume Yuujincho is also very nice...there's a lot of subtlety in the production, but each ep manages to be emotional while being somewhat minimalist at the same time.
I'm biased because I like the Genshiken manga, I thought it was way better than the second anime.

Natsume Yuujincho I recommended like 2 pages back, I enjoy it, but I can se how many'd find it boring, I don't think alot of people here will like it. Episode 5 and 6 were my favorites so far while the earlier ones I thought were a tad too slow.

LowParry

Dead said:

Yeah. What the hell just happened. Last episode was great I thought. And now...it's like all these turn of events happens in one big swoop of shit. Fucking unbelievable.

Regulus Tera said:
The same thing that was wrong with season one?
Season 1 was ok though and I've actually found the the first 2 Mao episodes to be ok. Sure after that it takes a noise dive but I think season 1 is pretty ok.

Season 2 sure has been sucking but the last 4 episodes have at least been entertaining. I've laughed and been excited.

Though episode 20 was pretty bad.

jman2050 said:
It's not worth watching any further except for the lulz.
yeah and i guess that means you can go ahead and spoil it then?

I guess i should just start typing spoiler ever movie, game, anime, book that i don't care about then right?

rykomatsu

flintstryker said:
yeah and i guess that means you can go ahead and spoil it then?

I guess i should just start typing spoiler ever movie, game, anime, book that i don't care about then right?

it's not something to make a big deal over.

Firestorm

rykomatsu said:
it's not something to make a big deal over.
Uh, actually that was a pretty major plot point.

This episode was stupid. What the hell is this shit.

Also, I highlighted Tamaron's spoiler by mistake. Dammit >_<

rykomatsu

Firestorm said:
Uh, actually that was a pretty major plot point.

This episode was stupid. What the hell is this shit.

Also, I highlighted Tamaron's spoiler by mistake. Dammit >_<

i meant spoilers in general...not whether it was or wasn't a major plot point.

Firestorm

rykomatsu said:
i meant spoilers in general...not whether it was or wasn't a major plot point.
Spoilers are something I honestly hate a lot. Different people take them differently. I usually actively avoid topics about games/movies/shows I'm interested in until they're done.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Raytow said:
A season late actually, also if they finish the series without killing Kallen or Lelouch I'm going to be pissed.
Suzuka, Shouldve been episode 1:lol

And DMC came out finally? Awesome

zoku88

^ Well, I'm going to look forward to that part when one of my friends makes me watch both seasons with her this semester :lol :lol :lol

speedpop said:
Anyone else watching Antique Bakery? I can't be the only one.

I JUST finished watching the first episode.

I can't figure out the genre. There is some suspense/mystery...but then again, it has slice of life/romance.

It was pretty interesting...and I am def going to watch the next couple of episodes.

I was dieing when the main character started laughing at the devilish gay comment

bigmit3737 said:
Is there more than one fansubbing team work on the show? If so, any recommendations?

Thank you.

There are two groups, and I guess just go for the one who has it out quicker. I am not the best judge of these things. The first episode has the same subs for each one.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jason said:
I can't stop watching D.Gray-man 98. Sokaro is such a badass. :lol

I stopped watching the anime, isn't it in fillers now?

Jason

Haven't read the manga, but if these current episodes are filler then it's the greatest filler in the history of fillers. :lol

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Jason said:
Haven't read the manga, but if these current episodes are filler then it's the greatest filler in the history of fillers. :lol

Nevermind its the main storyline. Jesus christ they are getting dangerously close to the manga, the filler arc will probably come after this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom