• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anime - Summer 08 - Show info and discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pankaks said:
Nevermind its the main storyline. Jesus christ they are getting dangerously close to the manga, the filler arc will probably come after this one.
Which is funny since the anime moves at a very slow pace. I always wondered why D.Gray-Man was made into an anime so soon... I thought they'd wait until the mango got until chapter 200 maybe... oh well.

I don't wanna sound too lazy, but what is the consensus of whats good and what isn't?

I want to get into a new series, been out of the loop for a while.

In fact, if anyone could also recommend any good anime from 2007, it would be awesome, better than making a new thread.

I'm more of the action fan: Berserk, Cowboy Bebop, Trigun, etc.

Neo C.

Louminater said:
I don't wanna sound too lazy, but what is the consensus of whats good and what isn't?

There isn't a real consensus, so it's rather helpful to find some guys who have the same liking.

In terms of action, I would say Black Lagoon and Claymore. And of course Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, even when I'm not the biggest fan of it.

Fireblend

Banned
Louminater said:

In fact, if anyone could also recommend any good anime from 2007, it would be awesome, better than making a new thread.

I'd recommend Gurren Lagann, Baccano!, Seirei no Moribito, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (comedy), maybe Darker than Black or Claymore too. Those from 2007. If you haven't watched though, I'd recommend Ghost in the Shell, Planetes, Eureka Seven, maybe.

Decado

Louminater said:

Someone mentioned Darker than Black and you should definitely go for it, given your taste in anime. Black Lagoon, as well. Great action shows are pretty tough to come by, but those two are excellent. Also, give Basilisk a try. I never understood the hate.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Jason said:
*raises hand*

It's surprisingly charming and funny. One of my favourites this season.
bigmit3737 said:
I JUST finished watching the first episode.

I can't figure out the genre. There is some suspense/mystery...but then again, it has slice of life/romance.

It was pretty interesting...and I am def going to watch the next couple of episodes.

I was dieing when the main character started laughing at the devilish gay comment
Keep up the good fight guys!

The girls I watch Antique Bakery with adore cake, so that's one of their main reasons to watch it but I take a dig at them watching it cause they like the gay innuendo. But yeah, it's quite a nice series, a shame it's only 13 episodes but I think that's more bittersweet emotions. At least with it being that short they have no excuse to really stuff up.

rykomatsu

hm...the most recent Nogizaka ep wasn't as good as the rest so far...I like Mika's VA, Gotou Mai, and I think Mika's generally had a good personality....so I figured a Mika centric episode would be lots of win...but it wasn't...probably partially due to the fact ep 7 was really entertaining :p

Birdy's...meh...the fight scene with
Undine
was pretty good, but it feels that this series' has lost its momentum.

Wagaya still remains lighthearted, heartwarming, and entertaining as always to watch

Natsume Yuujincho ep7 and 8 were pretty good, but lacked the impact of ep6...as always, the voice acting by Inoue Kazuhiko for Madara/Nyano sensei is amazing.

duckroll

Geass R2 ep21 = :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol out of :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

One of the best episodes of the year, and the most entertainment you'll get to see unless you can find an aquarium with a shark humping another shark! Perfection in train wreckness! :D

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
duckroll said:

One of the best episodes of the year, and the most entertainment you'll get to see unless you can find an aquarium with a shark humping another shark! Perfection in train wreckness! :D
My hype just went through the roof. How can it be better then
"Its telling me to survive...i must run away".
I don't know....but I'm gonna find out:lol

duckroll said:

Dear God, can't WAIT for this damn subs

Defuser

shintoki said:
My hype just went through the roof. How can it be better then
"Its telling me to survive...i must run away".
I don't know....but I'm gonna find out:lol
Trust ducky,it's better since almost all of the episode is lulz.

rykomatsu

LOLOLOLOL holy shit that was fucking horrible...so much so that I was laughing throughout the entire ep :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol i don't see how it's going to get any worse, but I'm sure they'll find a way lol

on the flipside, though, that was a good face Anya put on right when she was stopped from drawing on someone's face with a marker :p

Fireblend

Banned
Damn kinda makes me wish to have stayed up watching one of those streams with chats to see live impressions from 4chan members.

Epsiode 21 sounds so horrible.

But whats worse is those saying it is actually good.

122017212549629c2xt6.jpg

jman2050

There... Are... No... Words...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Ok, ya know guys, I was enjoying Code Geass and defended it because it was kinda absurd everyonce in a while, but it was at least fun. Now... WTF AT THE LATEST EPISODE? Not only didn't I understand a fucking thing, it was just plain stupid. EVERY SINGLE SCENE WAS MADE UP OF STUPIDITY. WTF...

I can now join the :lol :lol :lol Ranks of Code Geass. They messed up... but I always see things through to the end, so something may soon happen.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Code Geass R2 21........To think I defended this show at times. :lol :lol :lol the ending is going to be all kinds of fail.

Tucah

you speak so well
Holy shit, I really need to catch up on Code Geass, this looks too terrible to miss out on :lol :lol

Ronok

I really like Code Geass even if it's a bit silly, but, I just saw that pic and I'm downloading ep 21....... I'm a bit worried. :'(

rykomatsu

for some reason i thought there was a code geass defense force on GAF...

i'm surprised no one's stepped in with an "ep 21 was amazing stfu" or something along those lines...

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Just saw IT and holy crap was that shit :lol :lol :lol

It seems the more absurd and retarded the show gets, the more I love it :D

7Th

It’s literally like Frontier and Geass are competing to see which can get worse before the ending.

Geass is a lot more entertaining, though. :lol

Dead

well not really...yet
7Th said:
It’s literally like Frontier and Geass are competing to see which can get worse before the ending.

Geass is a lot more entertaining, though. :lol
Yep. Frontier is just boring crap

Geass delivers the lol in spades :lol

NeonZ

Am I the only one who would have been terribly disappointed if they hadn't gone all out with absurd elements in ep.21?

They've been talking with dead people and talking about killing gods since the first season, if everything had culminated in just metaphors or some down to Earth trash, it'd be even worse.

Fireblend

Banned
neoanarch said:
whaaaaaaaaaat? Did we see the same episode?
Macross F started sucking a long time ago. Sadly as 7th said, it's like it's battling Geass to see which can get to suck more, but much more boring, in a nonsensical sort of way. Last episode was pretty stupid and the ending just made me want to stop watching.

Geass on the other hand... is the pure definition of senseless entertainment.

Macross F is just boring. Boring and annoying characters plus a boring and uninteresting plot. Also the music has been pretty mediocre. So its not as entertaining as Code Geass. Code Geass is at least entertaining in all categories that Macross F fails. It also doesn't have Ranka or ugly 3d mechs.

neoanarch

Im not going to go all Macross DF, but love triangles and super cheesy pop songs? Plus the the Geass mechs are not ugly?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hunter D said:
Please god bring back gundam. Geass started out so damn good. Now we find out its about some petty ass bullshit.
Gundam comes back the week after the last Code Geass episode, Oct. 5th; Gunadam 00 Season 1 will begin airing in the U.S. November 17th on SciFi Channel.

Just saw Code Geass. Had to watch the first 15 minutes twice to attempt to understand what the fuck is going on.

It's on the silly side but damn it if it isn't entertaining. No matter what happens in each episode, the show calls for you to see the next episode to see what happens next. When that happens, for me, I can say it's a good show. Come on... nobody could tell me they saw any of this coming, it's just too absurd.

I stopped watching Macross F after ep 16, and I guess I made the right decision. The shit just bored the hell out of me and it looks like it's continuing to spiral in that direction. I really loved DYRL, the original Macross, Macross Plus, and even freaking Macross 2. But the latest iterations(Zero and F, haven't seen 7) have been disappointing to me, especially F which I had high hopes for.

Gundam 00 just can't come soon enough

LowParry

I LOVE ANIME!!

As for Code Geass...wow. :lol It's like pure golden shit I tell ya. And I kept telling myself I was done with it but I had to find out what happened next. NOW I need to see the entire ending.

Its the fans that make me hate Code Geass. Not the show itself. The show is entertaining in a over the top its so bad its good way.

jman2050

Rahxephon91 said:
Its the fans that make me hate Code Geass. Not the show itself. The show is entertaining in a over the top its so bad its good way.

Seriously, the fanbase isn't even that bad. Once you've gone through the Lucky Star Defense Force and its ilk, Code Geass defenders look pretty tame. And it's not like their fandom is without some merit. This could be the greatest most spectacular trainwreck ever broadcast on TV. And I'm gonna love every second of it :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom