• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had zero hype for Guardians until the trailer, so I will wait until we get this one to worry.

I had hype for Guardians (since I was a fan of the comics), but I agree that there was little hype for it in the mainstream until maybe the second trailer. I remember being a little worried about it since the marketing machine didn't really get in to gear until about a month or two before release, but we all know how that turned out. Because of that, I wouldn't expect any major pushes or attempts to generate hype until around AoU's release though I'm sure we'll get our first trailer a little sooner than that.

Wait what ....this movie is set in the past??

Huh? ..isn't this movie going to tie in with avengers 2/3._.

No, it's in the present, but there are flashbacks to the past, fleshing out Pym's history. The present day plot is about a superheroic heist perpetrated by the Ant-Men, Pym and Lang.

Pelydr

mediocrity at its best
Every time this thread pops up, I don't feel any buzz. I think that excitement left with Edgar Wright. It really is a shame that neither parties could come to an agreement/compromise.

Go watch Scott Pilgrim and you should be happy he is gone. Without Pegg/Frost propping him up he is horrible.

We do know that Hank was active as Ant-Man in the sixties in the MCU, at least if that's part of the current script. Could Peggy, Hank and Jan form the core of a sixties Avengers team?
Well if they had 60s avengers, it must be a covert stuff since the public and maybe even hydra didn't know about it.

AFAIK, the 2005 FF was never going to be a period film. I recall Reed saying in an interview around the time Down With Love came out that the idea was kicked around but never seriously considered.

Hayley Atwell is a goddess. Am definitely seeing Antman now.

An excellent excuse to post this gif.

tumblr_m5256yyPgR1qa8qxk.gif

Blader

We do know that Hank was active as Ant-Man in the sixties in the MCU, at least if that's part of the current script. Could Peggy, Hank and Jan form the core of a sixties Avengers team?

More likely the beginnings of SHIELD, since John Slattery's Howard Stark and
young Alexander Pierce
are in the movie too.

Yes and no. There is certainly much less excitement without him, but the excitement that was there before was based on nothing. Other than his involvement, what was known about the movie?

It does feel like Marvel's going through the motions on this one, though. The only thing that is keeping my interest alive is the release date. They could have easily shoved it off into the fall somewhere if they had zero confidence in it. By keeping the mid-summer date, they obviously think they have something bankable. Just hope that a trailer shows up soon.

There was this really solid test footage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-pFrplmexo

Plus, knowing how inventive and wonderful his other projects are, its hard not to imagine that he'd transfer that over to this.

Real Hero

Go watch Scott Pilgrim and you should be happy he is gone. Without Pegg/Frost propping him up he is horrible.
He shows the exact same skills as a director in Scott Pilgrim that he does in the trilogy. All his films are extremely well done.

The fuck did all this Scott Pilgrim hate come from? The film is wonderfully shot and the comic-to-cinematic style that Wright used was a phenomenally fun and contemporary take on the old 'kathwakk'.

I didn't enjoy the film as much as the novels but that's by-the-by.

ajcacio

Banned
I live in Atlanta and saw Corey Stoll eating at the sandwich shop in my building. I took a creepshot but felt guilty so I deleted it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom