• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ANT-MAN | Production Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces
First look at the Yellowjacket suit???

B1smSUxIQAASW64.jpg

Kinda reminds me of the Iron Spider armor.

3946554-1580645314-24595.jpg
It looks like the shoulder "wings" are a callback to the original costume. I don't think they're additional legs like the bottom two are.

mreddie

Oh boy, that looks awesome. Wonder if they reveal their mask like the Dead Space suits.

C'mon, please let there be Wasp.

Why will he have multiple suits in the movie?

He probably wouldn't, but if his helmet collapsed and reassembled like a DS suit, it'd look fantastic.

Edit: Oh, you meant the two suits. Yellow Jacket is the villain. His suit is an advanced modern version of the suit that Pym created, the retro one.

Oh did we know Yellow Jacket would be the villain until now?

Yeah, Corey Stoll when he was first casted did say that he was playing a villain and he would have the Yellowjacket suit. He's playing Darren Cross, an existing Marvel character, but so far it looks like the only similarity to his comics version is that he's butted heads with Scott Lang's Ant-Man.

Edit: yup as below, I don't think they ever outright stated that Cross steals Pym's tech but that's probably the basis for Pym getting Lang involved, to steal the Yellowjacket Suit and tech back before Cross can militarize it or something.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Oh did we know Yellow Jacket would be the villain until now?

Yeah, Corey Stoll is the bad guy in the film, who steals Pym's tech to make the Yellowjacket suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i6wYKKakGHw

"Darren Cross... has a suit that is sort of the next generation of Ant-Man’s suit. It can do everything that Ant-Man can do, but more. It’s more badass, more militaristic, sleeker… sort of like if Apple had designed a battle suit."

noah111

Still Alive
^Forgot all about him. God I hope this movie isn't too self-serious, but that's the vibe we're getting lately.

I was having no interesting in this movie, although I'm a pretty fan of Marvel Movies, because "WTF, an Ant Man movie? Lame!"

But now seeing these Kamen Rider suits things are starting to look really interesting. He's looking badass.

^Forgot all about him. God I hope this movie isn't too self-serious, but that's the vibe we're getting lately.

Marvel movies tend to strike a pretty good balance and not take themselves TOO seriously. Considering who worked on the script I highly doubt it's going to be a problem.

Dai101

Banned
Seriously if that's the suit Marvel is strait up embarrassing the competition in costume/character design.

Didn't they EVER?

i mean, they got Thor, FUCKING THOR not look like cosplay (and, just don't bring Caps Avenger because that's just a fanboy design) and every other hero from comic to big screen look GREAT.

Batroc, Falcon, the whole of Guardians!!, i mean, MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Moppeh

Banned
When would be a reasonable time to expect a trailer for this? I have no idea what movie timelines are like.

Well, we got the AoU trailer roughly 4 months after principal photography ended, so I would imagine a similar time frame for Ant Man. However, because of the whole Wright thing, Ant Man is behind schedule, so that complicates things a bit. Hopefully we get something around February or so, but it is hard to say.

Well, we got the AoU trailer roughly 4 months after principal photography ended, so I would imagine a similar time frame for Ant Man. However, because of the whole Wright thing, Ant Man is behind schedule, so that complicates things a bit. Hopefully we get something around February or so, but it is hard to say.

I still can't believe they will have the whole thing done in a year from the start of principal photography to release.

J10

Banned
Yeah, it is going to be a lot of long, stressful hours for everyone in post-production.

Post production started months before they even started filming. Their schedules won't be different. The film will just have a different voice.

BLACKLAC

Par for the course.

Didn't they EVER?

i mean, they got Thor, FUCKING THOR not look like cosplay (and, just don't bring Caps Avenger because that's just a fanboy design) and every other hero from comic to big screen look GREAT.

Batroc, Falcon, the whole of Guardians!!, i mean, MAHVEL BAYBEE!

Implying Marvel hasn't been Embarrassing them for the past 5 years in nearly every category.

I mean yeah, you guys are right but how the fuck could they nail fucking Yellowjacket that hard? I didn't even think of Ant-Mans suit as a retro design which makes it even better.

Anxiously waiting for how Doctor Strange villains will look.
ouNhzvE.gif

Dai101

Banned
It's kind of sad to think how great Dr. Doom could look in the MCU.

Now i just make myself sad ................... i'.... ill be in my shop, and no, those aren't tears.

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
It's kind of sad to think how great Dr. Doom could look in the MCU.

Now i just make myself sad ................... i'.... ill be in my shop, and no, those aren't tears.

Is this not the pinnacle of superhero costume design?

photo_1%20%281%29.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom