• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Any useful program you are willing to share

CGNoire

All the kids seem to be going on about Kazaa...

Never heard of it myself.

In all seriousness though, do people use YouTube to MP3 converters still and is there a recommended one thats not full of malware?
This.

Somethings thats both safe to download and can handle playlists?

Soodanim

This.

Somethings thats both safe to download and can handle playlists?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.

A multi-platform alternative is Jdownloader2. This program's main feature is batch downloading files from dozens of file hosts, but it can also grab and convert Youtube videos and playlists.

Webpages:
Pcgamingwiki
Playing a new game? Always look here first
Archive.org
This site is insane. It's great for finding obscure games/software that can't be found anywhere else
Mobygames
Imdb for games, sort of
Icebergcharts
Lets you view and create create "Icebergs" about topics you're interested in. Surprisingly fun
Blu-ray.com
Lets you manage your movie collection. Very powerful tool, it never gets the credit it deserves imo
Openroads
Skyroads in your browser!

A few more apps/services, sorted by awesomeness:

Irfanview
After 15+ years I still use this as my standard image viewing-program. It just works™
iBroadcast
Upload your Mp3's and stream from anywhere. Only proper alternative to old Google Music. Free but has paid alternative for higher bitrates etc.
Mod Organizer 2
Best mod manager. Screw Vortex or whatever it's called
Launchbox
Essential for people who use a bunch of emulators and want to organize lots of games
Gimp
Photoshop but it's free
MP3Tag
Great tool for batch-editing Mp3-files
Sumatra
PDF reader
Notepad++
For editing config files etc.
Audacity
Easy to use audio editing tool
Grover podcast
Best podcast app for PC.
Easymail
Gmail desktop app

Last edited:

kurisu_1974

is on perm warning for being a low level troll
Didn't Windows build in ISO mounting for a hot minute but now I seem to need Daemontools again?

ISO mounting still works perfectly in W10 and W11.

A decent built-in compression tool built in would indeed be excellent, I hate the clutter that Winrar or 7zip brings.

nbcjr

Not the most unknown or unique app.

But if you have any sort of locally stored media, Plex has really become top notch recently and my personal choice for media center/server and that's without paying for plex pass either
Jellyfin is better for my usecase and is opensource

Might as well post this here for when you decide to uninstall any programs you try. Bulk Crap Uninstaller is a great program to see what is on your system and uninstall it.

I stopped uninstalling through Windows because it often leaves behind folders/files and registry entries. Some programs don't offer a simple way to uninstall or the program might have an issue that prevents it uninstalling.

BCU is simple to use but you can do a lot of advanced stuff with it like make automations, quiet uninstalls, batch uninstall, etc

Soodanim

Might as well post this here for when you decide to uninstall any programs you try. Bulk Crap Uninstaller is a great program to see what is on your system and uninstall it.

I stopped uninstalling through Windows because it often leaves behind folders/files and registry entries. Some programs don't offer a simple way to uninstall or the program might have an issue that prevents it uninstalling.

BCU is simple to use but you can do a lot of advanced stuff with it like make automations, quiet uninstalls, batch uninstall, etc

This might be useful, since getting into Chocolatey I've been trying new software... then uninstalling lots of software.

Edit: made good use of it, cleared up some stuff I didn't know I still had hanging around. It creates restore points before it runs in case something goes wrong, and when you're done with your batch uninstall it also offers to check for registry entries that are hanging around

Last edited:
Top Bottom