• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anyone else here love sports but hate sports games?

fester

Banned
The endless sea of yearly sequels fills me with a sense of "why bother?". The last sports game I played and enjoyed was NHL '94.

Warablo

I was the same, but Nhl 16/17 has really ignited my passion in them. The gameplay is so good. Nba 2k has been meh lately. It may start to grow on me again.

I'm from the UK, I love sports so tend to get Fifa every year purely for 1 mode, I'ts pro clubs mode, I used to always buy NHL as i'm a fan of ice hockey and that also has a pro clubs mode. If they didn't have those modes then i agree they wouldn't peak an interest out of me.

RIGS isn't a real sport, But it's a great team sports game, Even tho we get battered every game! It's rocket league in mechs.

Grinchy

Banned
I can't really stand either of them. I particularly don't like sports games because I feel like the player has very little control of what is actually happening. In Madden, you just pretty much hike the ball and then select which receiver you think is open and the computer does the rest. Running plays are more manual, I guess.

That's why I love a game like Rocket League. Your skill determines the exact actions that are taking place in the game. You can't just hit the pass button and it passes automatically to the player up ahead like in a Hockey game. You have to have the awareness that the player is up ahead and then accurately aim the ball to get it to them.

Rbk_3

I am starting to feel the same way. I used to be all about sports games, but I just can't get into them anymore. I was in a Madden Online League since 2010, I used to live for that league, but I just wasn't into it this year and sold Madden after a month,

I *love* football but cannot stand FIFA, PES, other simulation footie games. Gimme my arcade football, please. (Preferably a new International Superstar Soccer.)

Sealtest

I'm okay with hockey games until I have to play MP and learn I'm not good at them.

I do hate we haven't gotten a single lacrosse game or some sort of curling game.

Mathieran

Banned
Most of them are more fun with a friend. I used to play NHL2kxx with my roommate in college and we had tons of fun. I bought the newest version last year, played a couple games and never picked it back up.

May16

Love hockey to death -- to watch and to play -- but haven't played much of an NHL game since '10. Bought 14 but didn't play much, got 16 to welcome me into the new generation but it felt like the same thing I'd already played to death. I've only played a few games.

So I wouldn't say that I "hate" them, but my love has definitely cooled way off.

Top Bottom