• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apology to Bloober Team Thread

In the hope that people from bloober team read here, I think myself and a lot of people need to apologize to them…

So I will start, since as a big Silent Hill fan and doubted them from the start and was angry when the rumors turned out true that they are remaking Silent Hill 2.
I really thought the game would turn out terrible and the first reveals seemed to confirm my fears.

But now I can see that I was wrong and you did deserved another chance. So please accept my sincere apology and I am excited what you will do in the future.

GHG

Sport Fuck Them GIF by UFC

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Happy to be wrong if newcomers and fans alike enjoy it. Maybe all they needed was a game people have been desperate for a remake for for 20 years.

playbignbox

Neo Member
Apologies for what, exactly? I think the skepticism was valid, and the fact that people were concerned says a lot about the developer's reputation.

In fact, the original game is already incredible and largely responsible for the remake's average Metacritic/Opencritic score, so it's not hard to imagine that they simply did a competent and not mind-blowing job, but kudos to them for doing a good job, I guess.

laynelane

It's always fascinating how reviews and scores are useless or super useful depend on what narrative someone try to push

Apologizing to a developer about a game that is not out yet - the reviews and scores make sense for how that happens. As a person who sees little to no value in most reviews, though, the attitude of the op is mystifying.

Last edited:
Apologizing to a developer about a game that is not out yet - the reviews and scores make sense for how that happens. As a person who sees little to no value in most reviews, though, the attitude of the op is mystifying.
Even if I would turn out to hate it, it’s just my personal opinion. Games deserve praise on what the majority thinks about them, not if some people have different opinions. Every opinion is valid and understandable, since tastes are different. But if the majority say a game is good or even great, I can’t call it a bad game regardless of my personal opinion.

solecon64

You know, I like to bring up the brain rotten, when complaining about dumb people online, but that's not always accurate. Because, sometimes, stupidity is just that - there is no rot involved, no other factors leading to it - just pure, impeccable, dumb shit.

And this thread proves it. Jesus Fucking Christ, I don't think OP could be more of a consoomer npc if they fucking tried. The game isn't even out yet, dude. You haven't played it. You STILL don't know if you actually like it enough for it to warrant an apology. And yet here we are. Embarassing display.

But also very revealing, showing us how the online opinion on games isn't actually based on the games themselves. Just on other opinions. An endless cycle of nothingness.

Garibaldi

I'm pretty vocal about not liking Bloober's games. Congrats on the MC/OC score.

I'll still be waiting on a sale for this one, but I'm happy for them that, it appears, they finally made a quality title.

Kasane89

Neo Member
I would rather believe my own eyes than fake journalists and there are some players who are driven by toxic positivity. i watched comparisons between OG and the Remake and i think the despiction of the characters is horrible, both in looks, how they act and also how its presented. Which is no surprise, since SBI worked on this too. But thats just my opinion. So no, i personally would never even think about apologizing to Bloober Team.

Last edited:

laynelane

Even if I would turn out to hate it, it’s just my personal opinion. Games deserve praise on what the majority thinks about them, not if some people have different opinions. Every opinion is valid and understandable, since tastes are different. But if the majority say a game is good or even great, I can’t call it a bad game regardless of my personal opinion.

The majority opinion in this case will be the people who buy it and play it on release - not the tiny number of people who had early access and gave it a score.

Bernardougf

I thought gamers were supposed to be good at pattern recognition?
the media says something stupid/bias or give high scores to known broken game

Neogaf: "mainstream media is stupid and and irrelevant, its all about acces and politics for them"

Also Neogaf a few weeks later: "lol the game I liked got a 10 and all the awards.. take that!!!"

Its the biggest flip flop weekly in this site.

RCX

Really surprised. Good for them.

Never really got into the silent hill series, RE was much more my thing but I might take a look at this if user reviews match up with the "critic" ones.

Maybe Bloober excels with other peoples stories but comes up short on their own?

Last edited:

Da1337Vinci

ShaqIwasnotfamiliarwithyourgame.gif

Nah just kidding one can see they were always technology sounded with their games and with the base SH2 provided I couldn't see they make something below 80.

I don't like the new art direction though.

Badlucktroll

Gold Member
Really surprised. Good for them.

Never really got into the silent hill series, RE was much more my thing but I might take a look at this if user reviews match up with the "critic" ones.

Maybe Bloober excels with other peoples stories but comes up short on their own?
I think Konami will likely have them do an original SH title. Hopefully with guidance from Ito and Yamaoka though

BlackTron

the media says something stupid/bias or give high scores to known broken game

Neogaf: "mainstream media is stupid and and irrelevant, its all about acces and politics for them"

Also Neogaf a few weeks later: "lol the game I liked got a 10 and all the awards.. take that!!!"

Its the biggest flip flop weekly in this site.

It's pretty obvious that if this game ended up being a fail for most of the reasons being feared, it would not be docked any points by the media. The opposite maybe.

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Never doubted them since I saw the initial reveal.

Bloober’s weakness has been original storytelling, Konami basically took over that role here.

Bloober's weakness has always been the terrible performance in their games - especially on consoles.

They have some amazing artists over there but when it comes to the technical know how/coding...it feels like they're run by interns.

Btw, I enjoyed Observer, Blair witch and the Medium - all games with brilliant atmosphere, the technical part though is a whole different thing.

Porcile

Maybe you should be thanking the original team that made the game. A remake of a classic is one thing but like Capcom and the Resident Evil remakes as well as Konami with the MGS3 remake we have absolutely no idea if they are capable of making an entirely brand game without the outstanding template underneath.

Top Bottom