• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPad Pro |OT|

Don't even have an iPad Pro yet 😭

5g1yk1P.jpg

fXOpPcm.jpg

I've been waiting all night for TMobile to start taking orders! I figured they'd go up at 12:01 PT, so I set my alarm for that, and checked every few hours, nothing. What's the hold up!!!! Need my fix.

Chao

Well, it looks like my clicking display is not alone and it's happening to other people as well. I thought it was the home button but it still makes that noise even if I'm pressing the home button.

To keep it in line with every Apple issue, I guess clickgate is appropriate (and dumb).

Check yours just in case (in a quiet environment), you don't need to apply any pressure at all, only touching it.

I've made a video to show what I'm experiencing:

https://youtu.be/TJcJHrSxQPQ

Folks are having the same issue here:

http://forums.macrumors.com/threads/ipad-pro-display-clicking-and-breathing.1937011/

Well, it looks like my clicking display is not alone and it's happening to other people as well. I thought it was the home button but it still makes that noise even if I'm pressing the home button.

To keep it in line with every Apple issue, I guess clickgate is appropriate (and dumb).

Check yours just in case (in a quiet environment), you don't need to apply any pressure at all, only touching it.

Sorry to hear that; I'm not experiencing that issue at all. If you take yours into an Apple Store, they usually have replacement stock on-hand and should be able to just swap it out for a new one.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Got my 128GB Wifi Space Gray today. Had to go to London Covent Garden store at 10AM sharp as they get stock daily but run out by 11AM. They had an Apple Pencil shipment today too - an entire pencil (one) for all of Covent Garden store, nuts.

Loving it so far. It's enormous. Thumb typing is still just barely possible in portrait. My eye needs to wander a lot along the screen. The added options on the keyboard are great. Apps are poorly optimised for now.

Chao

Sorry to hear that; I'm not experiencing that issue at all. If you take yours into an Apple Store, they usually have replacement stock on-hand and should be able to just swap it out for a new one.

Yeah I'd take that to Apple. Mine is dead silent.

This will be a problem for me. Bought it from an official reseller which lacks the same awesome exchange policies they have in a real Apple Store. But they are the closest to an Apple Store we have here and the only ones that had the iPad Pro in stock (only 1 of each model, so any kind of exchange anytime soon seems unlikely).

Can I just call Applecare so they can pick it up and send back a new one?

The nearest Apple Store is like 271km/168 miles from where I live

I'll be interested to see if the simpler price-point stratification we're seeing with the iPad Pro will ever come to the iPad Mini and iPad Air.

Especially once Apple starts building wireless modems straight into their A-series chips, I wonder if they'll just decide that all models will have cellular capability instead of a $130 markup.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
going to sell my apple watch as it is annoying me more than my android wear did. That plus selling my air 2 should cover an ipad pro. But just in case I don't like it, I might buy one first before selling my air, to take advantage of the returns policy.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Fun bit of trivia, my TV is 75", and just under 3m away from the sofa. iPad Pro is pretty much exactly same size at arms length when sitting on the sofa.

I like how much of a pain in the ass it is to find a Pencil and/or a keyboard case. According to an employee at the 5th Ave store they had 150 or so pencils in yesterday but they sold out almost instantly. Apparently they let one guy buy 50 of them. Re-sellers can go fuck themselves, $250 for a fucking stylus is crazy.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I like how much of a pain in the ass it is to find a Pencil and/or a keyboard case. According to an employee at the 5th Ave store they had 150 or so pencils in yesterday but they sold out almost instantly. Apparently they let one guy buy 50 of them. Re-sellers can go fuck themselves, $250 for a fucking stylus is crazy.

Bet you'll see more like this:

eBay lol

Whichever store manager ok'd that needs to be slapped.

artsi

Those little shits.

KodaRuss

My wife is an apple nut so I ordered her an Ipad Pro for Christmas. Hope she likes it.

I do not have a tablet but I dont believe I want an Ipad at the moment.

I'm bowled over with this. Such a leap over my iPad 2. So nice to be able to open an image heavy thread on Gaf without multiple crashes.

Just need the pencil now.

They're all serialized, that is NOT supposed to happen

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America

I was just there a few hours ago looking for a pencil. They are really hurting themselves by not shipping enough of them. I'm not buying an iPad pro until I can hey the damn Pencil. No go at the 65th street store either :/

Really enjoying mocking up story boards and wire frames with the pencil.

Also, picked up the pencil yesterday. Called while I was in the mall and they said they had none, walked in on a whim anyways and asked again. Was told I can "only" buy it online and they wouldn't have any in store for 3-4 weeks.

Mentioned my internship which has an account with the stores business department and was almost immediately given a pencil. Ridiculous.

Transparency in regards to prioritizing business accounts would go along way as opposed to lying to my face.

I was just there a few hours ago looking for a pencil. They are really hurting themselves by not shipping enough of them. I'm not buying an iPad pro until I can hey the damn Pencil. No go at the 65th street store either :/
We need a GAF NYC Apple Pencil Squad. Bummer to hear about 5th Ave, was thinking of stopping by there tonight.

Yeah, they really should've had more pencils and keyboards ready to go before they released the iPad in my opinion.

We need a GAF NYC Apple Pencil Squad. Bummer to hear about 5th Ave, was thinking of stopping by there tonight.

It sounds like the only chance you have of getting one is to go soon after they get their shipments, so I wouldn't even bother at night.

sarcastor

Anyone else worried about handing it to someone else and having them drop it? A $200-400 ipad wouldnt be too bad but a $1,000 would :/

Just bought one through T-Mobile. Should arrive in two days. Thank god for insurance and monthly payments. However no pencil anywhere in San Francisco. I guess some guy named Earl bought all of them for EBay or craigslist :(

This will be a problem for me. Bought it from an official reseller which lacks the same awesome exchange policies they have in a real Apple Store. [...] Can I just call Applecare so they can pick it up and send back a new one?

Uh, well...AppleCare won't have an Apple employee going to pick it up from your house. But you can probably mail yours and get a swap. I'd call them regardless if Apple Store is not an option.

I like how much of a pain in the ass it is to find a Pencil and/or a keyboard case. According to an employee at the 5th Ave store they had 150 or so pencils in yesterday but they sold out almost instantly. Apparently they let one guy buy 50 of them.

That is some real BS. I'm not happy about this new trend with Apple of only giving pre-orders a delivery window (in the case of the Pencil, a 10-day window) instead of a specific date, and I'm really not happy that they are sending Pencil stock to Apple Stores for walk-in sales instead of fulfilling day-one pre-orders. But letting some guy buy 50 of them? Angela needs to crack down on this. 1 Pencil per person, period.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
I'm bowled over with this. Such a leap over my iPad 2. So nice to be able to open an image heavy thread on Gaf without multiple crashes.

Just need the pencil now.

You can open a whole page of "Funny Pics GAF" without safari crashing.

That's actually the true test of the device.

Fuck, the Astropad videos I've seen on Youtube makes me want this so much.

Is there a store that offers a payment plan or something ;___;

Has anyone used the Logitech Create keyboard case? I want the Apple keyboard but I could really use something for my upcoming travel.

They had one at the Apple Store; an employee let me open it and test it out. While the keyboard is pretty nice, I'm not so fond of the bulky, rough canvas exterior. The material feels cheap compared to Apple's covers. But a bigger problem is the weight; all that bulk adds up to 1.6 pounds, which when combined with the iPad Pro makes it heavier than the new Macbook (~3lbs vs ~2lbs).

Top Bottom