• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

giga

T-Mobile pricing: http://www.tmonews.com/2014/09/t-mobile-iphone-6-pricing-announced-both-models-from-0-down/

16GB iPhone 6: $0 down and 24 equal monthly payments of $27.08
64GB iPhone 6: $99.99 down with 24 monthly payments of $27.08
128GB iPhone 6: $199.99 down with 24 monthly payments of $27.08
16GB iPhone 6 Plus: $0 down with 24 equal monthly payments of $31.24
64GB iPhone 6 Plus: $99.99 down with 24 monthly payments of $31.25
128GB iPhone 6 Plus: $199.99 down with 24 monthly payments of $31.25

knitoe

I decided on 2x 128GB iphone 6+. Can't wait to experience the fuckup tonight trying to preordering them through ATT website.

How soon do you guys think I will be able to walk into an AT&T store in St. Louis and buy an iPhone 6 without pre-ordering?

Launch week? or more like October?

Anyone who is getting an iPhone 6 Plus and is a runner / walker who takes their phone with them.... how are you planning to deal with that? Big arm strap?

If I were to get one of those phones:

VnegAKw.jpg

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=11478344

I'd just put it in my drawstring gym bag. I must say, I don't like the idea of running with a bag in tow bouncing on my back.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Has anybody thought about what case you're gonna use for your 6 or 6+ yet??

I'm waiting for speck to release their pixel skin. Been using them since the ipod touch 3, then 4, then iphone 5, and hopefully iphone 6. Such a comfortable skin and the peace of mind from the rubber material so I don't cringe anytime I drop my phone.

MCasey

I want to keep my plan I am grandfathered in, am I better off preordering online through AT&T or Apple? Or does it not matter?

Any iCloud video storage?

I want to keep my plan I am grandfathered in, am I better off preordering online through AT&T or Apple? Or does it not matter?

Any iCloud video storage?

It won't matter who you preorder from.

I love the Incipio NGP case for my 4S, and I see they have one for the 6 now, so I'll probably stick with that.

http://www.incipio.com/cases/iphone...-flexible-impact-resistant-case-iphone-6.html

good looking case. I'll probably get something like that until this one comes in:

http://grovemade.com/product/walnut-iphone-case/?initial=102

I've had their cases on my iPhones for the last 3 years. Mine as well keep it going.

Switching to T-Mobile for this. I actually managed to set the account up today. I started an account and ported over my AT&T number, and I'm doing the Contract Freedom promo, etc.

Since my iPhone was already unlocked, they said I could keep my phone until I receive my iPhone 6+.

Now all I have to do is make sure I buy my iPhone from Tmobile and I'll be golden.

JHall

Looks like I'll be going to AT&T tomorrow to trade in my 4s. I've been rocking a Nexus 5 for the past year, while it's a fantastic phone minus the camera I really prefer the iOS ecosystem to Android.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
So, I've never pre-ordered online before. In previous years, I've just went to a nearby Verizon store a couple of hours before opening, I'm with T-Mobile now. I suppose I could try the same, but I'm afraid they won't get the model I want in stock. I'm planning on going for the Space Gray iPhone 6 Plus 64GB model. I was debating 128GB, but I doubt I'll need that much space in the two years or so I plan to use the phone.

Has anyone ever pre-ordered an iPhone with T-Mobile before? Would I be safer trying to get one from the Apple site?

The Chef

If, say, I dont preorder tomorrow. How long do you guys think until I could just walk into an Apple store and buy one?
Days? Weeks? ....Months?

I'm really at a loss for what carrier/plan to go to. I wouldn't mind staying on Sprint, but I can't find any information regarding how much more you pay per month for a 64 or 128GB phone on the lease or finance unlimited everything plans.

Also, does anyone know how getting a 6 with a framily plan works? My brother has one with quite a few people on it, but can't figure out whether I can join it and get a subsidized iPhone 6.

Xamdou

Yes, you can pre-order to pick up in-store via Apple.

Awesome! I'd rather pick it up at my local Apple store and get the screen shield installed also... but wait that mean's I have to line up still on release day even though my Iphone 6 is guaranteed on release day!???

Kermy

Awesome! I'd rather pick it up at my local Apple store and get the screen shield installed also... but wait that mean's I have to line up still on release day even though my Iphone 6 is guaranteed on release day!???

From past releases, if you chose to pick up at the store then there is a seperate line which is of course a lot shorter.

Mononoke

Banned

Yes, you will be guaranteed yours on release day. Pre-orders are set aside, and can't be sold that day. I think you will be in a different line, and it will go by quicker (so a pre-order line).

Raistlin

T-Mobile pricing: http://www.tmonews.com/2014/09/t-mobile-iphone-6-pricing-announced-both-models-from-0-down/

Love it.

No interest financing for 2 years. Great option for T-Mobile users.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Love it.

No interest financing for 2 years. Great option for T-Mobile users.

Good stuff indeed. I was planning on just buying it outright, but since there's really no difference, I may as well take them up on the 24-month plan. I suppose that means I have to pre-order through them and not Apple, though.

ido

Question for the preorder vets:

I use C Spire. They say they will have them the 19th, but have yet to confirm preordering. My question is when do preorders open exactly? And what does it mean to preorder from a carrier? Can you pick it up in store that day?

And also if I am not buying at the out of contract price how does that work with preordering?

I'm hoping to get this without having to wait in line next friday!

dallow_bg

nods at old men

This and their $45 plan is all I really need.
Sweet deal.

ultra7k

All primed and ready to spend...just waiting for midnight and then hopefully I'll have my hands on a shiny new 64gb space grey iPhone 6 soon...

Squalor

Has anyone looked into screen protectors yet? I want to get all of my accessories before my iPhone arrives.
I would put a case on my phone before ever putting a screen protector on it, and I'd never put a case on my phone, haha.

All the screen protectors I've felt on other people's phones have felt awful.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Has anyone looked into screen protectors yet? I want to get all of my accessories before my iPhone arrives.

My 3 year old iPhone 4s with zero scratches (not even under the light) says that personally, I don't need one.

Okay quick question about the icloud:

Can I store my music and movies on there and can I access them from the cloud so therefore I can save space on my phone

Skimmed thorough so I apologize if it's been asked, but anyone know if they generally ship the phone on release day, or do they ship it ahead of time so it arrives on the release date?

Ordering directly from Apple for the first time and just wondering when to expect it.

[KoRp said:
Jazzman;129561161]Skimmed thorough so I apologize if it's been asked, but anyone know if they generally ship the phone on release day, or do they ship it ahead of time so it arrives on the release date?

Ordering directly from Apple for the first time and just wondering when to expect it.
they have an in store pickup option if you have one near by

robotrock

Banned
If you're on AT&T, you can trade it in for $300.

If you're on Verizon, you can trade it in for $200.

On Amazon and eBay, you can get slightly more than $300 if it's unlocked.
Hmm, AT&T site is telling me it'll be $270 for my 32gb device. I'll go to the AT&T store tomorrow and check it out though.
If you want convenience this site makes it pretty easy.

This site seems heavily convenient and incredible. Is it truly that easy? Is there no way for a buyer to scam me here? I assume everything is shipped to Glyde and then Glyde ships it out and verifies if it gets there.

Top Bottom