• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Anno

Hmm, yeah I might do that and trade my 5 in to AT&T to help out with costs. It was unclear to me if I had to pay anything up front with the Next thing. It's a nightmare trying to navigate the AT&T site and find proper pricing for things. Oddly enough I could find more concrete info on Apple's website instead of AT&T's own. I think I'm gonna stop in to the AT&T store after work to talk it over with them.

On Next your only upfront cost is tax on the phone.

MCasey

You can just trade it in later for a gift card and use it for your bill, that's what I did last year.

Never thought of that. That's exactly what I will do. Thanks

Now to decide between iPhone 6+ or iPhone 6. Anyone here getting 16gb? If so, is it because of price or you don't have any storage issues at 16gb?

ijm72

Hmm, yeah I might do that and trade my 5 in to AT&T to help out with costs. It was unclear to me if I had to pay anything up front with the Next thing. It's a nightmare trying to navigate the AT&T site and find proper pricing for things. Oddly enough I could find more concrete info on Apple's website instead of AT&T's own. I think I'm gonna stop in to the AT&T store after work to talk it over with them.

I was in the same boat as you I was confused with what the next plan was and if I had to pay extra or if I had to trade in my phone so I went to the store and they explained it to me. The Next option basically splits up the cost of the phone over 20 or 24 months and it allows you to keep your $25 discount on your monthly bill if you have the mobile share plan.

vanhanz

Now to decide between iPhone 6+ or iPhone 6. Anyone here getting 16gb? If so, is it because of price or you don't have any storage issues at 16gb?

I will probably go with 16GB. I have a 32GB i5 and I have only used 14GB. I have never had to delete anything, I don't take many pictures or videos, and I only use spotify, netflix or my TV app for music and video (so streaming). I have tons of apps too.

I'm not sure if I need the extra space for $100 extra. I'm going with the 6+ unsubsidized and it would be over $900 with tax if I got 64gb. It would be perfect if 32GB was the lowest option.

See a lot of pdf printouts comparing the 5S/6/6Plus. Does anyone have a similar pdf that has a true scale iphone 4/4S in it? My bro has a 4S still and wants me to make a mockup for him.

I'm going with the 64GB 6Plus myself since I was able to use the other printouts everybody made. 3AM pre-order here i come lol.

KevinG

Also, we lose our family plan discount. Going from $15 per line (4 lines) to $40. I'm seriously doubting even upgrading now.

Smidget

Did AT&T come out with more details on the trade in process? Would really like to preorder tonight, keep the phone, then trade it in on the 19th when picking up the new phone or getting the new phone that day in the mail.... and most importantly if cracks are OK or not....

vanhanz

See a lot of pdf printouts comparing the 5S/6/6Plus. Does anyone have a similar pdf that has a true scale iphone 4/4S in it? My bro has a 4S still and wants me to make a mockup for him.

I'm going with the 64GB 6Plus myself since I was able to use the other printouts everybody made. 3AM pre-order here i come lol.

You can use the PDF that has been floating around, print it out for him, and have him put his phone on top of the piece of paper...

You can use the PDF that has been floating around, print it out for him, and have him put his phone on top of the piece of paper...

I "could" do that. But he wants to be able to hold it and put it in his pockets etc etc..

I was gonna stack 2-3 pieces of cardboard under it and tape the front to it. I know, seems overboard..

Lum1n3s

Thinking of possibly switching from my Note 3 to the 6+. When I had my iPhone 4 back in the day I had unlimited data. As soon as I switched over from Apple to Android they let me keep my unlimited data. Will the same be true if I go back to Apple?

subrock

if this helps you justify 16gb, you can buy 20gb of iCloud for $12 a year. There's an option in iOS 8 to only save the optimized version of photos on the device and save the rest on iCloud.

which model of the new iPhone do you guys think will be the more purchased version? i can't see that many people buying the 6+ due to the size.

subrock

I just googled the dimensions and cut it out of cardboard to test. Or you could go to a phone store and hold a similar size phone.

Ninja Dom

UK Buyers

Preorders open on the Apple site at 8am tomorrow, Friday 12th September. Preorders placed with Apple tomorrow should get you launch day delivery.

I'll personally be at work but will try my best to preorder using the iOS Apple Store app.

Slate Grey 6, 128GB, £699.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
if this helps you justify 16gb, you can buy 20gb of iCloud for $12 a year. There's an option in iOS 8 to only save the optimized version of photos on the device and save the rest on iCloud.
I am assuming you have to internet access for iCloud to work right?

nikos

Just saw a woman with a Note held up to her ear. I'm pretty much convinced to go with the 4.7" version at this point.

blitz64

Is AT&T and tmobile the same model iphone 6? Meaning I can use the same phone on tmobile or AT&T. I know AT&T locks their iPhones and need to unlock first.

Blah, I printed out those mockups and now my easy decision has become a problem. 4.7" seems kinda small but 5.5" seems too big. I'll probably go the safe route and get the smaller one, but I usually use my phone with two hands anyways sooooo asj;lgmd;adgj;lk hj what do i doooooo

Addnan

My old boss said he will drive to Apple store at 5am on the Friday so if I can't get an order in tomorrow morning to tag along at 5am... It won't be that busy will it?

I spoke to ATT regarding the unlimited data plan; you have to log in to your att account and upgrade through there.. rather than upgrading from the front of ATT.com or apple.com

Squalor

My old boss said he will drive to Apple store at 5am on the Friday so if I can't get an order in tomorrow morning to tag along at 5am... It won't be that busy will it?
Haha, you're kidding, right?

If you're going to an area populated enough to have an Apple store, you bet your ass it's going to be crowded, and you bet your ass that by 5 a.m. there will be enough people in front of you to make you late for work.

If you're showing up at 5 a.m., there is no way you're making it to work by 9 a.m., but at least your boss knows where you are, haha.

Cuphead

Banned
I took an informal office poll today and everyone is going with the 6+. I'm genuinely surprised.

I'm not too surprised considering how many people jumped on the Galaxy ship.

I want to want the plus but I can't convince myself that I'll prefer the larger size.

Heysoos

Might be the wrong place to ask, but does anyone know if you can use Sprint Easy Pay without switching to their "framily" plan? My dumb upgrade isn't until next February. :(

Squalor

I'm not too surprised considering how many people jumped on the Galaxy ship.

I want to want the plus but I can't convince myself that I'll prefer the larger size.
Just get it and try it out. If you don't like it, exchange it for the 4.7" within thirty days.

Eiolon

Thinking of possibly switching from my Note 3 to the 6+. When I had my iPhone 4 back in the day I had unlimited data. As soon as I switched over from Apple to Android they let me keep my unlimited data. Will the same be true if I go back to Apple?

Yup.

Squalor

As long as you make it clear that you're not changing your plan, you're good.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Just saw a woman with a Note held up to her ear. I'm pretty much convinced to go with the 4.7" version at this point.
I don't know if your phone lifestyle is anything like mine, but the amount of time I spend actually holding the phone up to my ear is practically nil these days.

galvatron

Just get it and try it out. If you don't like it, exchange it for the 4.7" within thirty days.

Can we get that it's 14 days in the OP?

I'm going with the 6+, but the shorter return policy is a little inconvenient with my vacation plans out of the country coming up shortly after getting the phone.

I don't know if your phone lifestyle is anything like mine, but the amount of time I spend actually holding the phone up to my ear is practically nil these days.

Yeah...headphones man.

Same. I almost always talk using my headphones. So with holding it to my ear being the exception, I'm going with the 6+.

nikos

I thought about that as well. I don't spend much time on the phone. If I do, I usually use a headset.

Back to square one, I guess. Still think the 4.7" makes more sense for me though.

capslock

Is jealous of Matlock's emoticon

Or you could you know, not care about what you look like when you use a phone?

Squalor

Can we get that it's 14 days in the OP?

I'm going with the 6+, but the shorter return policy is a little inconvenient with my vacation plans out of the country coming up shortly after getting the phone.
What carrier are you referring to?

An AT&T representative told me it's still 30 days.

Mdot

Just did one of those e-chats with an AT&T rep asking about my grandfathered unlimited data plan. He said it's still valid and as long as no changes are made, it will apply properly.

Now, just hoping it's an option on Apple when I preorder, as we discussed earlier.

Side note, my texts and data usage is ridiculous.

Squalor

Just did one of those e-chats with an AT&T rep asking about my grandfathered unlimited data plan. He said it's still valid and as long as no changes are made, it will apply properly.

Now, just hoping it's an option on Apple when I preorder, as we discussed earlier.

Side note, my texts and data usage is ridiculous.
It won't be. You will have to pre-order through AT&T's website.

Sign into your account, then go to the dedicated pre-order page, and do it from there.
It's 14 days from apple. I'm leaving AT&T so I'm going direct from them.

http://store.apple.com/us/help/returns_refund
Oh, okay. That doesn't apply to me, then. That's good.

I plan to be able to know whether I want it in 20 days.

Mdot

It won't be. You will have to pre-order through AT&T's website.

Sign into your account, then go to the dedicated pre-order page, and do it from there.

It's changed since the 4S launched? I did it through Apple then when the plan was already long and gone but I was still able to keep it.

I'll just try both: Apple store App on my phone, AT&T site on my iPad

Is there an AT&T app you can order it from or website only?

BocoDragon

Or you could you know, not care about what you look like when you use a phone?

There's that, too.

Plus I don't think phablet use carries any shock value anymore anyway.

(Actually now that I think about it, there was a time when talking into your headphone headset was the crazy looking action. Social perceptions change.)

BocoDragon

Does anyone have any idea when I should start F5 spamming Fido's website reservation system? Late tonight? Early tomorrow?

(same answer for Rogers, I'd bet).

Top Bottom