• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6 [OT]

Dragon

Banned
iwhvUso.png

larry-david-faint1qqx.gif

Maybe it'll be able to play BioShock in 720p.

BFIB

I feel like that camera bump is going to be super annoying. I would have rather had a slightly thicker phone with no bump. Cases suck.

Without a case on it to make the lens flush, won't the phone wobble due to the lens protruding?

L.O.R.D

to be honest
i liked what i see
maybe i will buy it
i think it will be the first apple product i have
64 GB and iphone 6 4.7 inch is good for me
i wished there is 32 GB

edit :
how the speed of the processor ?
how much ram ?
the new battery , how mAh ?

Red Comet

The 64 GB 6S shall be mine.

I reckon my 5S will hold out until then. I'm disappointed they didn't show the iPad Mini 3 though, because I will be picking that up this Fall.

hitsugi

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-6-Plus-against-the-competition-size-comparison_id60509

You can also calibrate the comparison with any phone you have at your disposal.

The regular 6 is almost identical to the N5. A bit thinner, taller, less wide. The N5 had the perfect phone size after the iPhone 4 for me, so that's nice.

What's not nice is that it has a smaller battery than the N5, and the N5 has horrific battery life, so.. I'm gonna wait and see how it does in actual tests.

RoKKeR

Kind of bummed the 6 is gimped compared to the Plus but I'll probably jump in anyways because I very much would like to get back on the Apple train... sort of done with Android.

Eiolon

ArsTechnica put up a PDF template of each size, so you can cut it out and compare:

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/0...-plus-find-out-with-our-handy-paper-template/

Personally, I don't think the 6 is that much bigger screen wise than the 5s. If you loved the 5s screen size, then that might actually be great (since it's a little bigger, without being massively big).

I've always wanted a bigger iPhone. But not as big as the 5.5 model (it being bigger than Note 4 is fuckin crazy). But I think i'll end up getting this model, just because of the spec benefits, as well as the 6 not being enough of a change for me from the 5s in size.

When I print it out the 6+ is considerably smaller than my Note 2. How do I get the true size?

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Gah, really need to know if the 6+ will have 2GB of RAM. I'm just not willing to splurge that much on 1GB. I'm an iPhone LOVER, but I don't know how people don't think they need more RAM. I'm refreshing Safari tabs all.the.time. That, plus it would give game developers extra things to work with.

If I do go with the iPhone 6+, I'll be upgrading my iPhone 5S, so it'll be $599 (early, but not full upgrade).

$600
-$285 (Gazelle)
-$200 (work stipend)

= $115 + $50 activation fee = $165 + tax.

JEEZ, I thought I was gonna make money. But heeeey, I'll be balla!

Mononoke

Banned
When I print it out the 6+ is considerably smaller than my Note 2. How do I get the true size?

Well that's interesting. I don't have a Note phone so I can't compare myself (to make sure the PDF isn't wrong). When I printed them out and cut them out, the sizes looked right. Maybe it has to do with your printers setting? Either that or Ars fucked up.

Gah, really need to know if the 6+ will have 2GB of RAM. I'm just not willing to splurge that much on 1GB. I'm an iPhone LOVER, but I don't know how people don't think they need more RAM. I'm refreshing Safari tabs all.the.time. That, plus it would give game developers extra things to work with.

If I do go with the iPhone 6+, I'll be upgrading my iPhone 5S, so it'll be $599 (early, but not full upgrade).

$600
-$285 (Gazelle)
-$200 (work stipend)

= $115 + $50 activation fee = $165 + tax.

JEEZ, I thought I was gonna make money. But heeeey, I'll be balla!

See the 2 posts above you. :) Looks like sadly it will only have 1 gb.

nib95

Banned
Well that's interesting. I don't have a Note phone so I can't compare myself (to make sure the PDF isn't wrong). When I printed them out and cut them out, the sizes looked right. Maybe it has to do with your printers setting? Either that or Ars fucked up.

Printers will print them out differently depending on the safe margins, auto fit, whether they print borderless etc.

nikos

I'm so undecided on which model to get. I never thought I'd want a 5.5" phone, and sort of still don't, but its screen will probably be better and it has that optical image stabilization. Do apps run in landscape mode the same way on the 4.7" I have to watch the keynote again because that part of the stream was messed up for me.

Also, the 5.5" doesn't seem that much larger. I printed out the templates and it's less than an inch taller and not much wider at all. My hands are on the smaller side though, and it might not fit in all of my pockets.

Jezbollah

I think the 30% increase of battery power of the Plus over the smaller Iphone 6 makes me have to get it.. I am not too keen on the size (it may be better when it's actually in my hand..) - but slate grey, 64gb model will be minnneeeee

scott!

Neo Member
Just printed out the Ars comparison chart. The 6+ looks enormous - had to slide my 5 over top of the 5 template to confirm it was to scale. Sweet baby Jesus, that's a large phone. It's the bezels that really kill it.

McHuj

I guess the 1GB of RAM doesn't bother me to much. I don't tab browse on the phone, but on my ipad, it's a different issue, I need more RAM on that thin first.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Paying $300+ on contract for a smartphone is fucking highway robbery in terms overall cash out of your pocket. It boggles the mind people are okay with this.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Thinking about selling my iphone to gamestop, plus i got that 10% trade in bonus (if it applies). Ebay values are probably tanking.

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
The 6 looks to be the size of Nexus 4/5, which is interesting. It's not a bad size at all.

All the extra features of the 6+ seem nice, but I don't know about the size.

However, I think the lines in the back are honestly the ugliest things Apple has ever designed.

Eiolon

So comparing to my Note 2, the overall length of the phone seems the same. The screen on the iPhone 6+ is taller but not as wide as the Note 2 hence the Note 2 being slightly wider.

giga

The gold one looks like dick. With the much higher contrast display on the 6, I think space gray will be the one to get. It looks like the display blends in with the bezel.

So comparing to my Note 2, the overall length of the phone seems the same. The screen on the iPhone 6+ is taller but not as wide as the Note 2 hence the Note 2 being slightly wider.

You could cut out the paper approximation of the 6 plus and lay it over the note 2 if you wanted

VoxPop

Oh god that doesn't sound good. My gf had a Note 2 for a while and that thing was monstrous and an eyesore. I'm hoping the thinness will balance it out. Might have to just bite down and get the 4.7".

Vyer

Paying $300+ on contract for a smartphone is fucking highway robbery in terms overall cash out of your pocket. It boggles the mind people are okay with this.

For some the upfront cost is more than they want to pay at once.

Personally, I've been looking at the cost of moving my wife and I to off contract (Cricket) and month to month I can't seem to find that big of a gap compared to an AT&T plan. I'm sure I'm miscalculating something here.

bomma_man

I wonder if they'll keep their naming conventions next year.

iPhone 6s

iPhone sixess

iPhone siccess

iPhone success

Particularly confusing in the all important New Zealand market.

Top Bottom