• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

might be a long shot but anyone replacing a Nexus 5 with a 6S+???

how does the size feel, screen quality, battery?

i'm gonna keep my Nexus 5 as a back up phone. can't bring myself to get rid of it just yet but i cant wait to get a 6s+

gruenel

In the newer laptops with Force Touch, they changed the default setting for that feature to a medium push on the track pad. You can, of course, change it back in the mouse settings.

Ah that's nice, I only have a 2014 MBP so I didn't know.

ido

The additional RAM is a godsend.

I'm right now actively trying to open enough apps to try and force one to refresh, and so far I haven't.

I have 4 websites open, alien blue, facebook, puzzle and dragons, imessage, mail, etc.. and when I app switch there has been zero refreshes so far.

This is my favorite part about the new phone. I really noticed the lack of RAM in my 6 Plus.

Aurizen

I'm just waiting... do something!

71650b6ade43638bc3a26807968ba923.png

Rootbeer

Banned
Out for delivery... I have to go pick up some amiibo so gonna place that signed form on my door and rush back... I hate doing this but it's a busy day!

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
The screen got better?
The screen looks the same to me as the iphone 6 screen. I'll compare closely later. The Apple's site lists the same contrast for both also. The screens always differ slightly from unit to unit though.

Garage band takes advantage of 3D touch.

Anyone know how you delete apps now?
You press lightly and hold, just like before. I wish they'd put context sensitive menu to that action on the older phones. I don't delete and rearrange apps nearly enough to warrant it such a convenient shortcut.

In fact, I noticed on 6S it's pretty easy to get into the wiggly icons mode when you're just trying to do force touch.

So mine has arrived. Space grey is a little lighter than I was expecting. Haven't set it up yet. Picking up a case before I start using it. Going from a 5s, the 6s feels much bigger.

Shenmue

Banned
The additional RAM is a godsend.

I'm right now actively trying to open enough apps to try and force one to refresh, and so far I haven't.

I have 4 websites open, alien blue, facebook, puzzle and dragons, imessage, mail, etc.. and when I app switch there has been zero refreshes so far.

This is my favorite part about the new phone. I really noticed the lack of RAM in my 6 Plus.

This is what I needed to hear!!

Love the 6S Plus so far. 3D Touch works really well, particularly for peeking in mail and then swiping to delete. Also, Touch ID scans in about half a second for login.

riotous

Banned
Oh damn okay. I knew they were supposed to work on the watch, but I didn't know they were supposed to work on previous phones

I wonder if MMS compresses them, removing the live aspect..

Perhaps live photos need to be emailed at original size to be "played" on other ioS devices.

Dany

Banned
I know folks. :p just teasing. It's about damn time. Can't wait for apps to support force touch.

I have pop-gaf open plus 4 other threads. And there is no reloading. Yas

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I knew other iOS 9 devices could receive them but I assumed they could animate them too. Shame.

they can. a couple of notes...

you have to share them "properly". AFAIK this is ONLY imessage and AirDrop. If you do anything else (email, etc) it will only send the jpeg.

when sharing you have to choose the "Live" overlay. Choosing the Photo overlay will again only share the jpeg.

Once they've received your Live Photo over AirDrop or iMessage, they then (on any iOS 9 device) have to tap and hold down on the photo to have it play.

That should be it.

Don't give them credit for this now. This should have been done two years ago

Bless apple for doing something they should have done 2 years ago?

Should've been 2GB since at least the 6 if not the 5s.

Us Apple buyers definitely suffer occasionally from Apple's massive margins approach.

2 years ago is stretching it. Standard Android was ~2GB two years ago, and iOS is way more memory efficient. Two years ago and 2GB would have gone mostly unused except for the most extreme/laziest of web/tab browsing.

Last year it would have been helpful to probably most, but "should have" may still be debatable.

kaskade

I'm on Verizon under contract until September 2016. I walked in, they did the Apple loan upgrade and it acts just like a full priced phone for the purposes of the line upgrade. I have a contract finish date of September 2016 still and a Gazelle offer for $476 waiting for my current phone which I'll send in.

So it's officially official that you can do this on contract. I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it to my reservation tonight though.

I wonder how long it'll be before it's possible to get them in store again since I have to do the upgrade program.

HUELEN10

Okay, took a nap, put on screen protector, set it up, and handed it to my sister.

She really likes 3D Touch, even though it surprised her.

I was literally the only one of 4 people I met today in the lines that is sticking with thier 6, even though the people going from 5S to 6S, the way it should be IMO, were in the minority.

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
So it's officially official that you can do this on contract. I don't know if I'm going to be able to make it to my reservation tonight though.

awesome to hear. Yeah I have a Next contract still for 8 months and can upgrade through AT&T, but want to sever my hardware connection from the carrier so I can switch if/when need be. Sadly I missed setting up appointments last week (didn't know you had to do that) so I'll have to see when I can schedule an appointment now starting tomorrow.

Ninja Dom

they can. a couple of notes...

you have to share them "properly". AFAIK this is ONLY imessage and AirDrop. If you do anything else (email, etc) it will only send the jpeg.

when sharing you have to choose the "Live" overlay. Choosing the Photo overlay will again only share the jpeg.

Once they've received your Live Photo over AirDrop or iMessage, they then (on any iOS 9 device) have to tap and hold down on the photo to have it play.

That should be it.

I used iMessage to send a Live Photo to my girlfriend. She's using an iPhone 5S. I just told her to do exactly what you said and long press on the photo and it DID play!!

Thanks.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Hmm, I have to say the 6S is noticeably heavier than 6. Not by much, but I can tell right away when I lift it up that's it's heavier than what I'm used to.

One of my exes was the one letting people into the store for their reservation.

Needless to say, she waited until the last possible minute to let me in.

Top Bottom