• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

ido

6S Plus here. Cannot figure out live photos at all. Tried taking pics with both cameras, then viewed them... mashed all over and it does nothing.

Any idea?

Yep so happy with going plus screen quality is amazing along with hopefully the battery.

Anyone else representing the space grey with saddle brown leather case? Loving the black front with brown cover....sexy

Hattori

Banned
Did you activate it in store or just transfer your existing account on?
the person that helped me just scanned all the barcodes on the side of the box and told me there's already a sim inside and it would be activated in an hour or two, he didn't open it though if that's what you're asking

Kibbles

6S Plus here. Cannot figure out live photos at all. Tried taking pics with both cameras, then viewed them... mashed all over and it does nothing.

Any idea?
You got to click the circular icon on the top center row to turn on Live Photos. Then force touch to view.

EmSeta

So I'm really curious about the Taptic Engine.

I find the tactile response effect really perfect on the new MacBook, where it really feels like a click, but not that great on the Apple Watch, where it just feels like there's a vibration when I press hard.

Is the effect on the iPhone 6S more like the MacBook or the Apple Watch?

Dany

Banned
did you go to Apple store on Michigan Ave?
No I has mine delivered. It arrived around 11 up in rogers park.

I just walked by the apple store on Michigan, while heading to work, it was loooong, wrapping around to the side and back.

How do I transfer my number to my new phone? Does restoring from a backup do that automatically? Or do I need to call tmobile and ask them to transfer the phone number?

Serick

Married Member
No not my contacts, but my actual phone number.

Thanks! That's what I thought, but I wasn't sure.

When you turn it on, it should automatically start the activation process and finish in about an hour or two.

Edit: (Unless you are coming from another carrier, in that case you need to call them)

Edit: Edit: Apparently you have to call Tmobile regardless. Sorry!

When you turn it on, it should automatically start the activation process and finish in about an hour or two.

Edit: (Unless you are coming from another carrier, in that case you need to call them)

Oh, awesome! I'll just let it do its thing for now then, and if it doesn't look like it's transferring the phone number I'll call tmobile up. Thanks so much!

Serick

Married Member
Has anyone tried the tempered glass screen protectors with the 3d touch stuff? Does it impede its sensitivity at all?

Anyone else have an issue with the iPhone Upgrade Program not getting approved today? My credit score is fine, so I can't imagine that's an issue (mid-700s). I called Citizens (the bank running the program) and they said they're apparently having issues with some of the credit card companies when they run the check, since it's all tied to your credit card for the automatic payments.

I ended up picking up my phone on the off-contract price just because I was in line and with the sales rep for around 2 hours and couldn't bear to walk out without it, but I'm hoping they get this thing settled within 14 days so I can go back and work it out.

I also just moved, so I'm wondering if all my recently updated addresses could've caused an issue. Ugh.

yodandy

For Tmob users, I went from 6 to 6s, I had to call Tmob to get them to activate the new phone. I figured it would do it automatically but it didn't. Called and they handled it very quickly. Good to go.

One of my exes was the one letting people into the store for their reservation.

Needless to say, she waited until the last possible minute to let me in.

Lol.

They average $275-330 on Swappa for the 16/32 models.

I wouldn't use any other site. They totally rip you off.

Maybe, but it could never sell on there and there's the risk of return fraud, just like eBay. Gazelle is giving me $385 for my 6+ and Amazon $475 (but I'm not doing that because I don't want store credit).

Enco

Force touch doesn't seem to work well in the bottom left and right parts of the screen.

Also, the force touch animations are NOT smooth on the 6+. And the phone is getting too hot.

Apart from that, all is good.

What is all this #Heatgate talk.

Don't do this gaf! Mine is waiting for me at home.

Having used a phone plagued with heat issues, the LG G3, that's one thing I could do without.

Enco

Selling my 6+ today for $700
cdn
:)

Sounds like you're still indexing
I started from fresh, but maybe.

The force touch issues I'm a bit worried about though.

LOVING the + size. It's perfect. Much better than I thought and even with small hands I can kind of use it 1 handed. Real estate is beautiful, apps are lag free, and the phone looks great.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
So I'm really curious about the Taptic Engine.

I find the tactile response effect really perfect on the new MacBook, where it really feels like a click, but not that great on the Apple Watch, where it just feels like there's a vibration when I press hard.

Is the effect on the iPhone 6S more like the MacBook or the Apple Watch?
It definitely felt more like tap on the watch to me. Which IMO makes sense on the watch and the phone, as the mechanism is not supposed to just simulate the click under your finger when you press but also a tap on your wrist (or leg in case of the phone) when there's a notification

It's much smoother on the normal 6S from what I tried in the store.
Phones in the stores never turn the screen off and are probably used all the time. No wonder they heat up. That said, my regular 6 gets warm enough for the brightness kickdown heat prevention feature to activate, when I just do some more intense web browsing on gaf (fast scrolling, quick page switching, images on some pages) for a couple of minutes. This never happened on 5, which would only get hot if I play some intense games on it while charging it. Heat generation and dissipation was definitely not great on 6, and I was hoping they'd make it better on 6S. I keep the brightness at max all the time, which doesn't help though (but then again did the same on iphone 5)

ido

Had even more time with it... and dear lord the additional RAM is so amazing. Why they kept 1GB for so long I'll never know.

I have literally been doing everything I can think of, for hours, and have yet to have any app refresh on me when switching to it. I'm running Safari, Puzzle and Dragons, Facebook, Alien Blue, Camera, eBay, Instagram, Mail, etc...

ZERO refreshes when app switching so far, and I've been using this thing for about 3 hours or so solid now.

HUELEN10

Force touch doesn't seem to work well in the bottom left and right parts of the screen.

Also, the force touch animations are NOT smooth on the 6+. And the phone is getting too hot.

Apart from that, all is good.
There it is!

I do hope it gets resolved for you, it sucks.

kaskade

Seeing on reddit that a lot of people are being denied for the upgrade program, even with good credit. It's some issue on the banks end. I might just see if I can get a reservation tomorrow if I wake up at 8am. Maybe there will be some straggler phones that people didn't pick up (like mine). I don't want to drive an hour to the store only to be denied.

rhino4evr

Fed ex straight up dropped off the phone at my door step. No signature needed. Lol.

Thankfully my neighbor was around to pick it up

gcubed

So if I'm on a corp account and want to buy the phone outright how do I do this? Anything via Apple wants my account information... Do I have to go to ATT?

Does anyone know if the 6s is on display anywhere other than the apple store? I'm itching to try out 3d touch for myself but I'm assuming the stores will be packed...

bodine1231

Decided to upgrade from the S6 Edge (which I hate) using my Jump offer but none of the Tmobile stores in my state got the 64gb+. Hopefully ordering online doesn't take long,they gave me free overnight which is cool.

Ninja Dom

Guys & girls who have your 6S or 6S Plus already, what are your 3 current favourite things and your 1 negative?

My 3 favourites

1) Camera, front & back, video recording ability. Beautiful
2) A9 swiftness. The phone is FAST!!
3) 3D Touch. The more you use it the better it gets

My current negative

1) Slight stuttering here and there. Nothing major, could be indexing. But the odd stutter every few minutes.

Lima

With how fast Touch ID now is I really hate that Apple did not include it in the iPad Pro. I hate how slow and unreliable Touch ID on my Air 2 is compared to the 6S.

My phone did get hot while I was still installing apps and redoing my email and etc. (was also plugged in to my laptop) but an hour or two later it's cooled off pretty well for me.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Just got my 6s in the mail, but I'm hesitant to open it since I haven't received the case I ordered just yet... On the one hand, I would love to play around with the phone over the weekend, but on the other I think it's probably safer to wait until my case is delivered next week before unwrapping my phone. I don't think I could forgive myself if I somehow scratched my new phone due to a bit of impatience!

Top Bottom