• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

iNvid02

got it, but SIM doesnt work anymore so have to wait for a replacement or drive to town and get a new one

swanky new phone just lying there

MSMX75K.jpg

iMax

One IPhone Gaffer has already mentioned it but I'm going to reiterate.

3D Touch + Neo GAF mobile = The Fucking Truth

Peek at every thread without actually having the page open. So good.

Eh, it's hardly a big deal...

<loads up NeoGAF mobile on iPhone 6s>

giphy.gif

nikos

Anyone else's 6S Plus not going over 50% brightness? It's probably due to heat issues, since it's processing a bunch of things at once right now and is quite hot. I cooled it down and it seemed to work fine.

Hopefully this doesn't happen during regular heavy usage. I've had every iPhone and don't believe I've seen this before.

does apple take money once an order is placed or when it is sent out?

i'm thinking about ordering a 6s+ online but it won't be sent until 22nd Oct. However I'm gonna try my local store tomorrow morning and if I get one then just cancel the online order.

TimFL

Hold me GAF, 5 hours with my phone and I already dropped it. Can't see any visible scratches or dents.

Anyone have any idea on how to force the damn phone to sync my iCloud Music Library? It just doesn't want to show up (disabling and re-enabling iCML doesn't help either). Could it be a borked setting from my iP6 backup? I had issues adding new songs on that phone after downgrading.

Do it! Though the 6S+ models are heavily backordered. I ordered mine from T-Mobile 9/14, and it's still processsing.

I actually think they will be easier to find in the wild than people think. Apple is going to start taking appointments for in store pick up again tomorrow morning and Best Buy has 64gb 6s+'s that I could order now for pick up on Wednesday (although I'd be paying out of pocket and Best Buy charges an extra $50 than Apple or any carrier so I'd like to avoid buying from them).

Glass of water next to the phone. #LivingDangerously

Can't get this thing to accept my password but maybe because it's conflicting with the iTunes sync right now.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Picked up both my devices.

6+ and 6 cases work perfectly on the 6S+ and 6S.
Also Rose gold is just about the pinkest pink I have ever seen. Nothing gold about it.
Good thing my wife's phone is the pink one!

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Is my device supposed to be really hot while setting up?
It's very noticible.

Anyone else's 6S Plus not going over 50% brightness? It's probably due to heat issues, since it's processing a bunch of things at once right now and is quite hot. I cooled it down and it seemed to work fine.

Hopefully this doesn't happen during regular heavy usage. I've had every iPhone and don't believe I've seen this before.

Heatgate!

TxdoHawk

I have a 5S and I'm trying to come up with reasons to upgrade to the 6S. So far I can't come up with single one.

Could anyone offer guidance? Or is the 6S just for people who need to upgrade (broken phones, etc) and ultra enthusiasts?

If you have to ask, the answer is "keep your 5S".

Personally, the upgrade from the absolutely atrocious battery life of the 5S would be worth it to me alone, but you very much sound like a "I'm going to use this phone until it dies" person and that is totally fine, do your thing.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
The more I read about the 6s+, the more tempted I am to buy one and sell my 6+.

That's certainly what I'm doing as soon as I can. I just played with one in the nearby Apple Store and it feels like the hardware has finally caught up with the display resolution. The live photos thing is honestly a lot cooler than I thought it would be, too.

Apparently, all Apple stores in Washington state are refusing to sell phones in-store today to people who don't have reservations. I'm banking my hopes of getting one today on a T-Mobile shipment scheduled for later today.

Heatgate!

DetroitBORG said he ran into the problem of his 6s+ display not being as bright as the 6+ and that a reboot fixed the brightness issue.

That's certainly what I'm doing as soon as I can. I just played with one in the nearby Apple Store and it feels like the hardware has finally caught up with the display resolution. The live photos thing is honestly a lot cooler than I thought it would be, too.

Apparently, all Apple stores in Washington state are refusing to sell phones in-store today to people who don't have reservations. I'm banking my hopes of getting one today on a T-Mobile shipment scheduled for later today.

Best of luck.Apple seems to be opening up reservations for store pick up again tomorrow morning at 8am (I assume that's eastern time). Might be able to snag one that way if your store has stock leftover from today.

I'm normally only upgrading every 2 years, but I think I've finally talked myself into going the every year route. Once you sell off the previous year's model the cost of upgrading isn't all that bad.

The more I read about the 6s+, the more tempted I am to buy one and sell my 6+.
How does that even work? I'm so confused by these new carrier plans and the Apple financing thing... I still have another year on my 6+, so say I wanted a 6S+. What do I do? I can't sell my phone until my contract expires, right? Since it's subsidized? And I'm not eligible for an upgrade until April at the earliest, and that's probably just a partial. I know I could always buy the phone outright, but I'm not super-prepared to drop a grand. What I'd been planning to do before the gadgetlust became nearly unbearable today was wait until the 7 then get on the AT&T (my current carrier, not leaving as I'm still on unlimited data) Next yearly plan. Or Apple's financing thing, I guess?

Muzy72

Banned
Oh shoot, I'm in line for the iPhone 6S and I'm doing the Upgrade Program, but I accidentally brought my debit card instead of credit. Am I fucked??

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Best of luck.Apple seems to be opening up reservations for store pick up again tomorrow morning at 8am (I assume that's eastern time). Might be able to snag one that way if your store has stock leftover from today.

I'm normally only upgrading every 2 years, but I think I've finally talked myself into going the every year route. Once you sell off the previous year's model the cost of upgrading isn't all that bad.

The T-Mobile reps I talked to in the store nearby me confirmed that they are getting a shipment this afternoon that should contain the 128GB Space Gray 6S Plus that I want, so hopefully I can snag it today.

But yeah, for the foreseeable future (according to Apple store rep), no stores in Washington state will be offering walk-in purchases on the 6S line. Every morning they'll open pre-orders for that day at 8:00 a.m. on their website.

How does that even work? I'm so confused by these new carrier plans and the Apple financing thing... I still have another year on my 6+, so say I wanted a 6S+. What do I do? I can't sell my phone until my contract expires, right? Since it's subsidized? And I'm not eligible for an upgrade until April at the earliest, and that's probably just a partial. I know I could always buy the phone outright, but I'm not super-prepared to drop a grand. What I'd been planning to do before the gadgetlust became nearly unbearable today was wait until the 7 then get on the AT&T (my current carrier, not leaving as I'm still on unlimited data) Next yearly plan. Or Apple's financing thing, I guess?

Buy the new phone outright and then sell your old one on Craigslist or somewhere else if you can. No carrier or physical retail location would ever offer you as much as you can get from people looking to buy used. 128GB iPhone 6 Plus are still going for $600+ on the Seattle Craigslist right now, but it probably has a retail trade-in value of $350 or less.

Oh shoot, I'm in line for the iPhone 6S and I'm doing the Upgrade Program, but I accidentally brought my debit card instead of credit. Am I fucked??

I believe they require a credit card (not debit).

In my case it would work like this. I bought a 6+ at launch last year with the subsidized pricing for resigning a 2 year contract. The phone I have now is technically owned by me and I can do with what it what I want, as the contract is for service not the lease of the phone. I would buy a 6s+ out of pocket paying the full unsubsidized price and then sell my current 6+ somewhere like Swappa to cover a good portion of the cost. Then it would basically be the same process every time a new iPhone releases. I've never been on a plan like AT&T Next so I'm not sure exactly how things work with that.

I'm on Verizon under contract until September 2016. I walked in, they did the Apple loan upgrade and it acts just like a full priced phone for the purposes of the line upgrade. I have a contract finish date of September 2016 still and a Gazelle offer for $476 waiting for my current phone which I'll send in.

gruenel

One IPhone Gaffer has already mentioned it but I'm going to reiterate.

3D Touch + Neo GAF mobile = The Fucking Truth

Peek at every thread without actually having the page open. So good.

Yeah this is amazing.

You can do the same in OS X Safari by tapping links with 3 fingers btw.

riotous

Banned
That should work on any site that uses standard url's; certain sites using javscript features might not work though.

A well coded site always has an href that works though.

Buy the new phone outright and then sell your old one on Craigslist or somewhere else if you can. No carrier or physical retail location would ever offer you as much as you can get from people looking to buy used. 128GB iPhone 6 Plus are still going for $600+ on the Seattle Craigslist right now, but it probably has a retail trade-in value of $350 or less.

In my case it would work like this. I bought a 6+ at launch last year with the subsidized pricing for resigning a 2 year contract. The phone I have now is technically owned by me and I can do with what it what I want, as the contract is for service not the lease of the phone. I would buy a 6s+ out of pocket paying the full unsubsidized price and then sell my current 6+ somewhere like Swappa to cover a good portion of the cost. Then it would basically be the same process every time a new iPhone releases. I've never been on a plan like AT&T Next so I'm not sure exactly how things work with that.

I'm on Verizon under contract until September 2016. I walked in, they did the Apple loan upgrade and it acts just like a full priced phone for the purposes of the line upgrade. I have a contract finish date of September 2016 still and a Gazelle offer for $476 waiting for my current phone which I'll send in.
Thanks all, that actually clear it right up. So now it's really just a matter of:
1. Finding the darn thing in NYC.
2. Dropping a grand! YEESH

Here you go, probably want to mute it though, my workmates were kinda loud.
You are a prince among men, and that is amazing. ARRRRGGGHHHHH

PhillyGAF... there's still hope for you! UPS just came by with my iPhone! That was a nice surprise. And I'm in Fairmount with a restricted zip code, right in the thick of things.

Top Bottom