• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

JORMBO

Darkness no more
My phone did get hot while I was still installing apps and redoing my email and etc. (was also plugged in to my laptop) but an hour or two later it's cooled off pretty well for me.

Mine was really hot too while transfering everything over to it and setting stuff up. It has been cool ever since I finished all that stuff though.

giga

Guys & girls who have your 6S or 6S Plus already, what are your 3 current favourite things and your 1 negative?

My 3 favourites

1) Camera, front & back, video recording ability. Beautiful
2) A9 swiftness. The phone is FAST!!
3) 3D Touch. The more you use it the better it gets

My current negative

1) Slight stuttering here and there. Nothing major, could be indexing. But the odd stutter every few minutes.
I get that negative with my 6. I think it's just iOS 9 that needs another point update to fix.

Sold my 128GB 6 for 350€ to a friend at work. Low price yeah but I know it is in good hands now and he is happy that he got a 6 for cheap.

That is a low price! You could save that much by trading it in at some store.

Your friend better hook you up when you need something.

bigkrev

Is there any way to use touchID for Apple Pay and App Store without needing either a passcode or a touchID to unlock the iPhone? I've been trying to figure this out, because touch ID is useless to me if it requires a password or a touch to unlock the phone.

Shenmue

Banned
Whoa you can do both? Bad Ass! Also as a non case/ non screen protector person I had worries from people saying that the 6 was too slippery and a case is needed. The 6S seems not slippery at all. Bareback once again

Even works on toes. My wife scanned her big toe into mine.

So got my new 6s and activated it on att site, says it coudl take up to 2 hours to do it. But the service is already gone from my old phone.....

riotous

Banned
doesn't seem as necessary as it did on my 5s, but you can also register the same finger multiple times to ensure it always recognizes.

Shouldn't have to do this; if you want to add more and more angles just go in to the settings screen for touchID and without doing anything else put your finger on the reader, you'll see that finger "flash" on the settings screen and the angle/etc. you used is added to that fingers database.

dhonk

I was able to walk into an ATT store and pick one up with a 2 year contract. She mentioned something about corporate stores being able to. DUnno, but it worked!

Shun

Fedex and UPS trucks keep passing by my place and teasing me. Like shit I live right here, it's supposed to be here no later than 15:00.

Probably waiting till last minute to drop off.

Scarphace

So this mfing UPS driver pulled in my driveway, sat there for a quick minute and pulled off without delivering my phone. Now the site says it will deliver Monday. I called UPS and they say I will receive a call back but idk. Fuck UPS man I swear I hate them

So this mfing UPS driver pulled in my driveway and pulled off without delivering my phone. Now the site says it will deliver Monday. I called UPS and they say I will receive a call back but idk. Fuck UPS man I swear I hate them

In my experiences informing UPS CS of this exact problem you're likely waiting till Monday. Sorry, man. I have a regular guy but it sucks if it's some seasonal driver who doesn't know the building.

Scarphace

In my experiences informing UPS CS of this exact problem you're likely waiting till Monday. Sorry, man. I have a regular guy but it sucks if it's some seasonal driver who doesn't know the building.

I'm pissed because its a house he pulled into my driveway sat there and changed the delivery status and left. WTF kind of practice is that

Akira

I'm pissed because its a house he pulled into my driveway sat there and changed the delivery status and left. WTF kind of practice is that

I bet he actually meant to change status to "Delivered" and take the package for himself but accidentally clicked on "No signature"

Anth0ny

got my 64gb 6s in the mail. so happy :)

is there a difference between the itunes backup or icloud backup of my old phone? gotta transfer all that shit over. my old phone is 16gb so it shouldn't be too bad... does it make sense to do icloud?

Reckoner

Just got my 6s in the mail, but I'm hesitant to open it since I haven't received the case I ordered just yet... On the one hand, I would love to play around with the phone over the weekend, but on the other I think it's probably safer to wait until my case is delivered next week before unwrapping my phone. I don't think I could forgive myself if I somehow scratched my new phone due to a bit of impatience!

I used an iPhone 5 for a year without any sort of case. Just a sleeve where I put it in whenever I left the house. Not a scratch. You're fine, bro. Go use your new toy. Just remember to put it down on a smooth surface and other obvious things.

boxter432

just have to go to the UPS CS later this evening, and have them pull it off the truck for you, just did it 2 weeks ago for my 6+.

Went to the place, told them I had a missed delivery due to being at work while it was delivered and needed a signature, girl disappeared for 5 min and came out with my phone. If they say you can't find it, tell them you saw the driver in your parking lot who then didn't attempt a delivery. (to scarphace, not you obviously)

I used an iPhone 5 for a year without any sort of case. Just a sleeve where I put it in whenever I left the house. Not a scratch. You're fine, bro. Go use your new toy. Just remember to put it down on a smooth surface and other obvious things.

Yah, don't listen to this. You're going to drop your phone as soon as you leave the house. Be worried.

Lima

got my 64gb 6s in the mail. so happy :)

is there a difference between the itunes backup or icloud backup of my old phone? gotta transfer all that shit over. my old phone is 16gb so it shouldn't be too bad... does it make sense to do icloud?

Depends.
I always restore from backups from iTunes cause if you password protect your backup on there even sensitive info like Google Authenticator gets backed up unlike in iCloud.

Just got my 6s in the mail, but I'm hesitant to open it since I haven't received the case I ordered just yet... On the one hand, I would love to play around with the phone over the weekend, but on the other I think it's probably safer to wait until my case is delivered next week before unwrapping my phone. I don't think I could forgive myself if I somehow scratched my new phone due to a bit of impatience!
Yeah I think somebody on here already mentioned they dropped their phone which would make me extremely wary of using it without any protection. :(

Has anyone else's iCloud restore been taking forever?! It's been restoring for about 2.5 hours now. My backup was about 1.6 GB. I assume since everyone is restoring from iCloud, the server could be getting bottlenecked.

gimmmick

I thought he was pulling the package out to walk to my door. I did walk outside when I saw him getting ready to pull off and he just kept on going even though I know he saw me.

I'm sorry but that really just made my day lol. If I knew I was expecting something , I know sure as hell I'd be out to give him the heads up I'm here.

Anyone pick up at the Apple Store with the apple upgrade program? How did that go?

Also - anyone tried getting a Verizon unlocked and using it with their ATT account?

Bungie's

Is there any way to use touchID for Apple Pay and App Store without needing either a passcode or a touchID to unlock the iPhone? I've been trying to figure this out, because touch ID is useless to me if it requires a password or a touch to unlock the phone.
Double clicking the home button brings up Apple Pay.

SeanR1221

setting up the phone now. Sort of garbage that I had to reset my Apple Watch just to re pair it with this new phone. That's pretty un-apple like

Edit: nvm. It created a backup on its own. Very cool :)

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Reading the UPS delivery stories remind me why I tell everybody to have time sensitive items held at a UPS service center so you pick it up at your own convenience.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
My 6S Plus won't be here for a couple weeks, but I want to figure out a case before it arrives. I have a Diztronic TPU case on my 6. I just want something slim, something that won't easily get stained, and something will keep my lens/screen from touching when I set the phone down.

Top Bottom