• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
My 6S Plus won't be here for a couple weeks, but I want to figure out a case before it arrives. I have a Diztronic TPU case on my 6. I just want something slim, something that won't easily get stained, and something will keep my lens/screen from touching when I set the phone down.

Do you like your current case? If so, that kind.

Scarphace

I'm sorry but that really just made my day lol. If I knew I was expecting something , I know sure as hell I'd be out to give him the heads up I'm here.

:( The lady called me and said the package was never on the truck and I won't be able to pick it up until Monday

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Mine was really hot too while transfering everything over to it and setting stuff up. It has been cool ever since I finished all that stuff though.
Can you try putting the phone on max brightness, disable auto brightness, and start scrolling through some gaf multi-page threads that have lots of screenshots and anim gifs. As soon as the images load, keep scrolling, then going to the next page, images load, keep scrolling etc. Do this just for about two minutes and see if the phone gets warm? Also please note if the brightness gets dimmer on its own, which it will if the phone gets hot enough.

Akira

Has anyone used the Move to iOS app on their Android yet? How did the transfer go? Does it transfer apps? Not sure if I want to do that.

ZeroX03

Banned
Can you try putting the phone on max brightness, disable auto brightness, and start scrolling through some gaf multi-page threads that have lots of screenshots and anim gifs. As soon as the images load, keep scrolling, then going to the next page, images load, keep scrolling etc. Do this just for about two minutes and see if the phone gets warm? Also please note if the brightness gets dimmer on its own, which it will if the phone gets hot enough.

I noticed no heat issues with the 6S Plus yesterday, as my friend didn't transfer any apps or music just contacts via iCloud. Really sounds like indexing.

Shouldn't have to do this; if you want to add more and more angles just go in to the settings screen for touchID and without doing anything else put your finger on the reader, you'll see that finger "flash" on the settings screen and the angle/etc. you used is added to that fingers database.
Dude you just changed my life, just added a ton of new angles and now Touch ID works so much better on my 6+ omg (not that it didn't work in the first place but now it's like crazy good). Thank youuuuuu.

sk3

Banned
I was hoping there would be some haptic feedback to go along with force touch, but it seems like it just vibrates the phone. You can kind of tell the vibration comes from some motor near the bottom of the phone.

I really despise the UX patterns of hidden functionality that come along with force touch, I will probably just ignore it for most apps, kind of like Siri.

Serick

Married Member
Yes. Use the share button, hit more options and whitelisting is in there.

Also hold down the refresh button to reload pages without content blocking.

Sweet thank you, I'm sure it's been answered before but I didn't want to search through thousands of posts >_>.

Neogaf is literally the only site I whitelist but wanted to make sure I could do it before I spent $4 on it.

Anyone else's phone still "Restoring from iCloud backup" after 4+ hours?

It looks like everything's already long been downloaded, so I'm a bit worried because I can't update the firmware until the restore is complete...

Also, my iPhone 4S has been stuck on the same screen (Apple logo with a bar under it that's maybe supposed to indicate something) ever since I did the "Erase All Content" thing. No idea what's going on, and I need to have this shipped to Amazon soon.

Anxiety double-whammy.

In general the phone has been pretty great. 6S Plus over here. I'm seeing very slight stuttering going from one home screen to another.

3D Touch has been amazing, though! Every app so far has been perfect with it except the Messages app..when I peek on a thread and pull up to do the quick reply, there is massive amounts of stuttering. Anyone else having this issue?

jaydogg691

UPS is taunting me. Deliveries always come before 11am... it's 2:13pm...

This.

I remember getting stuff early in the morning too, according to the UPS time frame given the latest it would be here is at 3. I was looking at The My UPS options and there's an option to pay to get packages within a 2 hour time frame. Shit. Waiting for this phone has already taken a chunk of my day. :mad:

TylerD

Not much to dislike about the 6s+ after my 3 hours with it. It's a huge iPhone but not unwieldy IMO and the touch ID is super fast. That's a pleasure to use. I wish there were some even lighter settings for 3D touch than what is available but its a really nice experience. I'm very happy with it.

kaskade

So how is everyone who upgraded from the 6 to 6s+ feeling? Just curious how the increase in screen size feels. I really like the feeling of the 6 in terms of the size but I want that screen real estate.

Valus

Stupid question everyone...how do I activate the phone? I've never done this myself and have always had it done at the store. I did not switch carriers, I just want my service to transfer to the new phone.

Stupid question everyone...how do I activate the phone? I've never done this myself and have always had it done at the store. I did not switch carriers, I just want my service to transfer to the new phone.

If they didn't activate the included SIM to the carrier's line? Take the SIM out of the old phone, put in new phone.

But first just fire the phone up. If it came from a carrier it'll automatically activate and switch the service over.

jaydogg691

Make sure you have a valid sim card in the phone and connect to iTunes on a computer.

S¡mon

Banned
Fun reading all the hands-on experiences! Going to try to get a 6S or 6S+ (still undecided :\) tomorrow... no reservation.

Valus

If they didn't activate the included SIM to the carrier's line? Take the SIM out of the old phone, put in new phone.

But first just fire the phone up. If it came from a carrier it'll automatically activate and switch the service over.

Make sure you have a valid sim card in the phone and connect to iTunes on a computer.

I currently have a Lumia 1020 and now got the 6S+. I fired up the phone and I went through the setup, but it didn't ask for service info or automatically transfer it over. I made an apple account and stuff (first time iPhone user) and now the iPhone sits at the home screen and stuff, but says no service at the top.

It doesn't sound like I need to replace the SIM card as you mentioned, but I'm not sure what I did wrong?

Reckoner

In general the phone has been pretty great. 6S Plus over here. I'm seeing very slight stuttering going from one home screen to another.

3D Touch has been amazing, though! Every app so far has been perfect with it except the Messages app..when I peek on a thread and pull up to do the quick reply, there is massive amounts of stuttering. Anyone else having this issue?

You're not the first one to say the same thing. I hope it's the phone doing some initial background task like indexing or whatever.

jaydogg691

I currently have a Lumia 1020 and now got the 6S+. I fired up the phone and I went through the setup, but it didn't ask for service info or automatically transfer it over. I made an apple account and stuff (first time iPhone user) and now the iPhone sits at the home screen and stuff, but says no service at the top.

It doesn't sound like I need to replace the SIM card as you mentioned, but I'm not sure what I did wrong?

Who is your cell carrier and is the phone unlocked? Carrier specific phones usually have the settings in place for you to just pop the sim and get service. If it's unlocked, you can connect your phone to a computer and get carrier settings through iTunes.

Top Bottom