• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

What a fucking morning.

So I start reading at around 8 PM last night Best Buy won't have many in store preorders ready. So I worried all night about this dumb shit, and then head out at opening to see what's up. A few people ahead of me, one guy picking up his preorder for a 6s Plus, another guy was a walk in picking up a Plus. So I get to the desk and say I preordered a 128 GB Plus off contract. "I'm sorry but your preorder isn't here." Now a walk in got one, but I didn't. So I ask if they have any that were for walk ins. They have 1 left of my exact model, but didn't set it aside for preorders. What the fuck kind of system is that. So then the manager fights about how he can't cancel my preorder and let me buy the other. Thirty minutes later I walk out with my phone, didn't even have them activate it since I got there at 8 AM and didn't leave until 10. Absolutely awful on Best Buy's part and will never preorder anything from there again.

The worst part is they were saying the same thing to people who preordered the regular 6s when they have a mountain of phones behind the counter. So apparently preordering didn't mean shit.

I like the phone though. The Plus is a little more weighty than I would have liked, but the screen is fantastic and 3D Touch is a really cool gimmick with very little implementation right now.

What a fucking morning.

So I start reading at around 8 PM last night Best Buy won't have many in store preorders ready. So I worried all night about this dumb shit, and then head out at opening to see what's up. A few people ahead of me, one guy picking up his preorder for a 6s Plus, another guy was a walk in picking up a Plus. So I get to the desk and say I preordered a 128 GB Plus off contract. "I'm sorry but your preorder isn't here." Now a walk in got one, but I didn't. So I ask if they have any that were for walk ins. They have 1 left of my exact model, but didn't set it aside for preorders. What the fuck kind of system is that. So then the manager fights about how he can't cancel my preorder and let me buy the other. Thirty minutes later I walk out with my phone, didn't even have them activate it since I got there at 8 AM and didn't leave until 10. Absolutely awful on Best Buy's part and will never preorder anything from there again.

The worst part is they were saying the same thing to people who preordered the regular 6s when they have a mountain of phones behind the counter. So apparently preordering didn't mean shit.

I like the phone though. The Plus is a little more weighty than I would have liked, but the screen is fantastic and 3D Touch is a really cool gimmick with very little implementation right now.

That sounds awful.

Still can't decide to go 6s+ or 6s :|

Is the regular size still a noticeably worse resolution?

To the me the 6S vs 6S+ is one of those "grass is always greener" scenarios. In theory I'd love the larger screen, but in practice I know it would be harder to use as a daily phone when it's that big.

For those who are hesitating
6s+ is godly

Went with it originally because my giant hands can handle it after playing with them at Target.

But really liking the browsing experience and it's nice to actually want to read from my Kindle app on a phone again. :p

Reckoner

From what I tried in store, it isn't that much noticeable. But I recommend you go try both in store and see which one you like the most.

The only thing still putting me away from the plus is 'cause I know it will be too awkward to use in some situations. But I also loved to go to the coffee and chill while browsing with such a big screen. :(

Valus

Who is your cell carrier and is the phone unlocked? Carrier specific phones usually have the settings in place for you to just pop the sim and get service. If it's unlocked, you can connect your phone to a computer and get carrier settings through iTunes.

I'm with AT&T. I don't know if the phone is unlocked. I'll try connecting it to my pc and see what happens. I guess I should download iTunes as well.

riotous

Banned
I've had similar issues at Best Buy doing "in store pick up." Tried doing it on lunch break from work once or twice and every time it took me several times longer than if I had just walked over to the shelf and grabbed what I wanted.

It's just in general an awful store other than the fact they stock a lot of cool shit.

Enzom21

What a fucking morning.

Sounds like they are trying to count in-store and preorder numbers.

What a fucking morning.

I literally walked into a Best Buy this morning with no reservation, bought a 64GBS off the shelf, paid in full, and walked out in two minutes.

Got home, moved SIM from my 5S to my 6S, everything worked flawless.

Very pleasant experience. 10/10 would do again.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member

Look at them both if you can. I find the lower resolution to be very noticeable. Not to say that it looks bad or anything, just not the kind of definition I would want in a 2015 phone.

Valus

Still can't figure out how to activate this phone. On my profile online it shows the IMEI and SIM # as the iPhone's (the same numbers on the box) but the device shown is still my Lumia 1020. Do I need to do something with my Lumia to have the service transferred to the iPhone?

Got my 6s. It clicks when it vibrates. Can't get an appointment at a Genius Bar and returning the phone to ATT will have a restocking fee even though it's defective. I can't fucking believe this shit. Apple is great until you need help.

Frith

it's 1150pm still out for delivery on my 10-11pm delivery slot
ukmail are the fucking worst they were never going to get here why send the truck out with an 11pm delivery estimate it's just bullshit. if you cant handle the job don't take it its pathetic
i'm so annoyed waiting around all day to then get a night estimate, don't go out and still get nowt
shite

Blackhead

Redarse
An iPad buying an iPhone lol:

mxqIwhT.jpg

Shenmue

Banned
Got my 6s+ all set up. It's amazing! The force touch for gaf really is a revelation.

Also I'm using a Spigen tempered glass and it in no way affects the force touch.

Rose gold is also not very pink. I was actually hoping it would be more pink. It actually is not far off from rose gold jewelry.

Also i thought it was going to be thicker? It's not perceptible to me. Also I wish it was heavier? Doesn't feel any different than the 6+.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Just found out Purify has family sharing enables. For $1 I now have it on both mine and my wife's devices.

Really happy with the speed of this phone. The weight is a nice edition too.

Servbot24

Banned
Went for the regular 6s. I think it's more practical for the purposes I'll be using it for. I'm planning to get an iPad Pro which should take care of the intense tasks.

Akira

Person who helped develop 3d touch/taptic engine says it took 5 years.

https://twitter.com/sf_avi/status/647526851947028486

Does anyone remember that one iPhone reveal thread where someone brought up a haptic feedback rumor on the next iPhone and everyone started getting hyped about it? It was something like the screen creating raised "bumps" that can be tangibly felt. I believe it was for the iPhone 4S reveal, when after the awesome iPhone 4 everyone was expecting Apple to deliver something brand new. This was before the tick tock cycle was established and expected. I guess that haptic feedback rumor may have been created by the start of 3D Touch development.

samn

I guess that haptic feedback rumor may have been created by the start of 3D Touch development.

It's more likely the rumour started after real prototypes (not by Apple) of haptic screens had been developed and shown off at various trade shows.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Managed to get one today after all! Was planning on going Space Gray again, but none were in stock, so I decided to try a Silver. It looks pretty nice with the newer white silicone case.

You all weren't kidding when you talked about how fast Touch ID is. Pretty impressive how they've managed to refine it since the 5S debut.

Overall, it's a lot snappier than my 6 Plus was, too, which is great. Pretty obvious the memory was holding back the last generation of devices.

Iadien

Guarantee I'm going to screw up this post? Yeah.
So, this is my first iPhone, and I am so lost on how to customize it more. lots of Googling in my future.

I absolutely fucking HATE UPS. Completely fucked up my delivery, rerouted it to some address Idk where and now I have to wait until Monday.....I'm fuming so bad right now.

Top Bottom