• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up my 64 GB space gray 6s from the Apple Store this afternoon. Long line even with reservation, but still got checked in and got everything done in a bit under an hour. I also grabbed a midnight blue leather case.

I'm really impressed with the phone so far. Being thinner and having a bigger screen is nice coming from a 5s, and the force touch is super useful. I'm looking forward to more apps making use of it.

I absolutely fucking HATE UPS. Completely fucked up my delivery, rerouted it to some address Idk where and now I have to wait until Monday.....I'm fuming so bad right now.

They did something similar to me... Was home all day, and the asshole driver said he "attempted" to deliver my package, but nobody was home. I now have to drive all the way to the UPS center in my city to pick it up. Fuck.

I absolutely fucking HATE UPS. Completely fucked up my delivery, rerouted it to some address Idk where and now I have to wait until Monday.....I'm fuming so bad right now.

If you're close to a distribution hub, call them and ask them to hold it if possible. You can then pick it up there instead of waiting until Monday.

I've had to deal with similar trouble with UPS over a delivery (Nike messed up and forgot to put my apartment number on my address) but I managed to call my local distribution center and had them hold it until I drove over and picked it up myself.

Ninja Dom

Hot Tip Live Photos

When taking a Live Photo pay attention to the word "Live" on the screen. All the frames of the picture are captured while the word "Live" is on screen. When the word disappears then you can move or lower the phone.

Wreav

Banned
My phone is lagging and pausing like hot ass.

Sometimes when I unlock, someone when I try to open an app, all over the OS.

I had to update the 6S to 9.1 PB2 to access my 9.1 PB1 backup from my old phone, so maybe that's the issue?

Got my 6s earlier, UPS guy was sweating and looked beat. Offered him something to drink but he declined. Would've tipped him if that was a thing. Then spent 45 mins at the T-Mobile store switching from AT&T. Going to a carrier store always feels kind of depressing, but at least they didn't try to hard sell me anything. Switchover was fairly smooth. Currently restoring. The Apple Watch app isn't recognizing my unpaired Watch yet (with the viewfinder), not sure what that's about.

I can already tell 3D Touch is going to be an amazing interface enhancement. I'm confused by the keyboard shortcut though – changing to the cursor is no problem, but I never get to the "pop" mode where it selects text.

I'm real sorry to hear that. I blame it on the Pope somehow.

Sean

Banned
After nearly a day of using the 6S I kinda feel that Touch ID works too fast now.

I often click the home button to glance at the time and it's always unlocking my phone before I even have a split second to press the button down. Hard to get used to.

Guess Who

Banned
After nearly a day of using the 6S I kinda feel that Touch ID works too fast now.

I often click the home button to glance at the time and it's always unlocking my phone before I even have a split second to press the button down. Hard to get used to.

You could use the power button to do it, or click the home button with a finger that's not set up for Touch ID.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I changed the 3D Touch sensitivity setting to "Light" in the Accessibility section of the phone settings and I find it a lot easier to use now. I'm sure this really depends on the person, though.

riotous

Banned
l5X62XC.jpg

128gb Rose Gold next to a pink silicone case and my wife's rose gold jewelry. Natural lighting on an overcast day.

My phone is lagging and pausing like hot ass.

Sometimes when I unlock, someone when I try to open an app, all over the OS.

I had to update the 6S to 9.1 PB2 to access my 9.1 PB1 backup from my old phone, so maybe that's the issue?

So you're on 9.2 PB? Go down to 9.0.1. It's great.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
AT&T mega screwed up. They had a computer hiccup when charging our card at preorder but didn't tell us until today. So now, our delivery went from next week to the end of October. I'm probably going to be doing a lot of bitching on the phone this weekend.

Got mine delivered today without any issues except T-Mobile sent me a white 6s+ instead of the space gray I ordered. I don't care really because I've had white iPhones in the past, and it does look nice, but it's annoying that they fucked up something so simple.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Office mail room is suffering a pretty bad Pope-induced backlog. Gotta wait until Monday. :/

But fine. Gives me time to audit my music library, kill my local iTunes library, and do some trial/error on setting up iCloud Music Library with my 5S instead.

Shun

UPS really is waiting till the last freaking minute to deliver my iPhones aren't they? A UPS truck passed by my home 4 times now without stopping by to deliver my phones.

They have 60 minutes left to deliver... (* ̄ _ゝ ̄)

FedEx is never this slow. Packages never take this long here.

Unless a ton of Berkeley students bought an iPhone too I find it hard to understand why they keep passing by my residence without making a delivery (´;д;`)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Mine didn't come activated from AT&T. I had to swap sims. That has never happened to me before. Weird?

UPS really is waiting till the last freaking minute to deliver my iPhones aren't they? A UPS truck passed by my home 4 times now without stopping by to deliver my phones.

They have 60 minutes left to deliver... (* ̄ _ゝ ̄)

FedEx is never this slow. Packages never take this long here.

Unless a ton of Berkeley students bought an iPhone too I find it hard to understand why they keep passing by my residence without making a delivery (´;д;`)

lmao When I was waiting for the 4S I remember seeing the truck swing around multiple times wondering wtf was the holdup.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
AT&T mega screwed up. They had a computer hiccup when charging our card at preorder but didn't tell us until today. So now, our delivery went from next week to the end of October. I'm probably going to be doing a lot of bitching on the phone this weekend.
And here I am angry at my week delay. Holy crap.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Got my 6s+ all set up. It's amazing! The force touch for gaf really is a revelation.

Also I'm using a Spigen tempered glass and it in no way affects the force touch.

Rose gold is also not very pink. I was actually hoping it would be more pink. It actually is not far off from rose gold jewelry.

Also i thought it was going to be thicker? It's not perceptible to me. Also I wish it was heavier? Doesn't feel any different than the 6+.
How's the performance?

So I backed up my old 6 but when I try to restore that backup to the 6S, I can't find it. When I go to the backup location on Finder, it's there but it won't show up when I click on "Restore Backup" on iTunes.

Help? This makes no sense.

Shun

lmao When I was waiting for the 4S I remember seeing the truck swing around multiple times wondering wtf was the holdup.

I'm convinced that in cases like this, the driver is just, deliberately, fucking with you.

I'm like shit how many people in Berkeley and Oakland in my neighbourhood are buying the new iPhone that they've passed me all day until night time.

It's barely past 6pm and they haven't gotten to my place before their close time of 7pm.

Guess Who

Banned
So I backed up my old 6 but when I try to restore that backup to the 6S, I can't find it. When I go to the backup location on Finder, it's there but it won't show up when I click on "Restore Backup" on iTunes.

Help? This makes no sense.

What iOS version is each phone on?

If, say, the 6 is on 9.0.1 or 9.1 and the 6S is on 9.0 still, you may need to update the 6S first to whatever version your 6 is on in order to see the backup.

iMax

Hot Tip Live Photos

When taking a Live Photo pay attention to the word "Live" on the screen. All the frames of the picture are captured while the word "Live" is on screen. When the word disappears then you can move or lower the phone.

Hot Tip (addendum)

If you're running iOS 9 beta, you don't have to worry about this. Your phone will cut off the live photo as you move the phone back down.

npa189

3D Touch is really rad, and goddamn did I miss the polished and smooth experience of iOS and its apps. I want google to update their apps for 3D Touch, all their apps are just as good, if not better than their android counterparts. The camera destroys my nexus 6, even though the screen is bigger on it there isn't a single thing I miss about it.

rhino4evr

New phone is awesome. All the 16 gig haters should realize that after cleaning up apps and deleting photos . We had almost 8 gigs free memory. Doesn't sould like much, but should be fine for my wife. So no one "died". Thanks for the support though.

What iOS version is each phone on?

If, say, the 6 is on 9.0.1 or 9.1 and the 6S is on 9.0 still, you may need to update the 6S first to whatever version your 6 is on in order to see the backup.

My iPhone 6 is 9.1, about to download Public Beta 2. The 6S is 9.0.1.

I think I also have an encrypted backup of the iPhone 6. How do I see that when I try to restore it to the 6S? I do want my healthkit, etc. info on the new phone.

I probably could have saved $100 and got away with 16GB of memory for the 6S... With much smaller iOS updates, and iCloud Music and Photos doing the heavy lifting there, I've freed up multiple gigs of space on my phone.

Top Bottom