• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

kaiiri

Anyone's iMessage stop working when using new iPhone 6s? Everything was fine on my old iPhone. Transferred over to iPhone 6s and now it's not working. Have done multiple restores and resettings of settings an no go. Quick google search says it's a ios9 issue?

Some people had luck with fixes while others (like myself) have not. = (

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Another thing I've noticed with this phone is that the color is really deceptive. Almost like those odd color changing paint jobs people get on cars and motorcycles sometimes.

In 2700K light, which is the yellow tinted, "warm" light that most people will use in their living rooms and bedrooms, the phone looks just like rose gold jewelry, or in other words, gold, but without the yellow tint in the regular gold iphone. Instead it has that copper/pink tint that we usually associate with rose gold jewelry.

6L18Xzw.jpg

In 5500K-6500K light, which is the very white light, otherwise known as "Daylight", which people often use in kitchens, bathrooms, home theaters, or workshops, the phone looks much more pink. In my opinion it's still not bright pink, but definitely more pink than the normal "rose gold" jewelry.
qOfq9EQ.jpg

Just an observation if anyone was wondering.

That would explain things. People on here have been reporting more of a copper color and I thought they were nuts.

But then again I have only seen the Rose gold in store 5k lighting, in daylight, and in my house which I performed a full 5k led conversion to.

That phone is pink as hell for everything that isn't that muddy ass yellow light people seem to be stuck on in their houses.

Shenmue

Banned
Posted pictures above. Hopefully that'll illustrate what I'm talking about. The first pic is from my living room which is lit completely with 2700K LED bulbs. The second pic is from my kitchen which is all 5500K LED bulbs.

Can anyone decipher my AT&T order status for me:

3mKeJWS.png

That should only be two phones, a 16GB Rose Gold, and a 64GB Space Gray Plus....

If the Rose Gold is on backorder, what's up with the Space Gray? Why are there so many items listed? The Space Gray was told it would ship mid October, but the Rose Gold was supposed to ship today. One of the other rose golds arrived today, so why not the other one?

This has been the worst ordering process with AT&T Business I've ever had. I STILL HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN THE RECEIPT!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Posted pictures above. Hopefully that'll illustrate what I'm talking about. The first pic is from my living room which is lit completely with 2700K LED bulbs. The second pic is from my kitchen which is all 5500K LED bulbs.

Oh god, you mixed color spectrum between different rooms of your house? I have seen that and it is super jarring to the senses. Just choose a spectrum and stick with it. At most have different spectrums only when changing floors that aren't part of a multilevel great room.

You have to be careful which battery you buy. It feels like 99% of the batteries you can find on ebay are some refurbished old batteries where the firmware is reflashed to report that the battery is new.
Anything is better than my original battery, which could jump down tens of percentage of battery in a matter of seconds.
I get like 6 hrs of usage on my 5s, but I have to keep location and notifications off and leave brightness near 0.

Battery is one of the main reasons I am upgrading.
An hour of 4G internet browsing uses about 20~25% of my battery, I want to upgrade too! Announce the second wave date already Apple!

Shenmue

Banned
Oh god, you mixed color spectrum between different rooms of your house? I have seen that and it is super jarring to the senses. Just choose a spectrum and stick with it. At most have different spectrums only when changing floors that aren't part of a multilevel great room.

Our rooms are pretty compartmentalized so it doesn't feel weird to me. If I had my way I'd have all Daylight bulbs, but the wife doesn't like it all white as it hurts her eyes. I was only able to convince her that daylight is best for the kitchen because we have marble countertops everywhere and best for the bathroom because it gives you an accurate depiction of what makeup looks like outdoors.

Like they say, happy wife happy life.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Our rooms are pretty compartmentalized so it doesn't feel weird to me. If I had my way I'd have all Daylight bulbs, but the wife doesn't like it all white as it hurts her eyes.

Yeah I hear that. My wife took a while to adjust. Luckily I won that battle and got 5k all around. Though it did bite me in the ass when I had to go on a mass cleaning spree afterwards when she realized how much dust 2700k hides.

Interesting to see the lighting impacting the perception of rose gold. I'll have to check out my wife's phone when we go to a friend's house to see how much it changes.

Shenmue

Banned
no problems with screen protectors right?

with force touch and all...

I have the Spigen tempered glass and works exactly the same with and without. I tested extensively both with and without the glass.

They also only added the "3D Touch Compatible" wording in the title today. I'm guessing once they had made certain it worked, but you can be sure this is the exact same thing they sold for the original 6+. They didn't do anything special to make it "3D Touch Compatible".

This one: Tempered Glass

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
I've always felt my 6+ was slow and laggy.

Holy shit... This 6s+ is LIGHTNING fast. I have 12 tabs open with no reloading, and swiping through the multitasker is butter. VERY IMPRESSED.

Jetku

Anyone's iMessage stop working when using new iPhone 6s? Everything was fine on my old iPhone. Transferred over to iPhone 6s and now it's not working. Have done multiple restores and resettings of settings an no go. Quick google search says it's a ios9 issue?

Mine is busted too. Followed every trick online - sans restore. Hopefully it works itself out by tomorrow night

Got it on my iPad and it definitely works. One thing I wish they would tell you is that even though you turn it on in the Purify settings, you also have to go into Safari settings and grant it access.

I think some website did a test of like 20 blockers and found that 1blocker was the fastest and saved the most data usage? Let me try to find that link.

Found it: https://brooksreview.net/2015/09/content-blocker-test/

https://brooksreview.net/2015/09/data-savings/

If it's still on special ($1), grab it now. Content blockers are still in their infancy, it'll probably take a while before every shakes out and a king is crowned.

Thanks for the advice!

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Imessage was borked at first with both phones I received today. Simply ensuring my old ohones were formatted and then turning iMessage off and back on in the new phones fixed the issue.

Coming from the 5 I'm blown away by this phone . I can only imagine how the 4S upgrade people feel. That being said I picked up my 5 a few minutes ago after using the 6S all day and it felt like a feather. I hope apple goes back to smaller phones one of these days.

Ha! Not happening. That'd be like going back to PS2 graphics.

Can anyone decipher my AT&T order status for me:

3mKeJWS.png

That should only be two phones, a 16GB Rose Gold, and a 64GB Space Gray Plus....

If the Rose Gold is on backorder, what's up with the Space Gray? Why are there so many items listed? The Space Gray was told it would ship mid October, but the Rose Gold was supposed to ship today. One of the other rose golds arrived today, so why not the other one?

This has been the worst ordering process with AT&T Business I've ever had. I STILL HAVENT EVEN GOTTEN THE RECEIPT!

Where are you going to even see that page? My order screen looks nothing like that.

It always takes a couple hours of checking settings and re-signing into apps on a new phone, even when restoring from a backup

But I'm finally there, this 6s+ is all set up and ready to go! Didn't even miss a beat, I love iCloud so much

iTunes isn't recognizing my 6S for some reason. Windows does recognize it but doesn't give me an option to open it in iTunes. Anyone else having this problem?
I'm on Windows 10.

NAPK1NS

Wow this is a nice phone. I'm upgrading from a 5s and I'm totally enjoying it. The Touch ID works immediately. Not sure I'll ever be sliding to unlock ever again.

Enco

Wow this is a nice phone. I'm upgrading from a 5s and I'm totally enjoying it. The Touch ID works immediately. Not sure I'll ever be sliding to unlock ever again.
Yea it's jaw droppingly good.

Best phone I've used by far.

There are definitely frame drops though. It's not 100% 60fps. Hopefully they fix that. And the heat.

That would explain things. People on here have been reporting more of a copper color and I thought they were nuts.

But then again I have only seen the Rose gold in store 5k lighting, in daylight, and in my house which I performed a full 5k led conversion to.

That phone is pink as hell for everything that isn't that muddy ass yellow light people seem to be stuck on in their houses.

Yup. My house is all LED's or HUE lighting, and my phone looks amazingly pink. I love the color, but if you have proper lighting it's really pink. In the best possible way.

FerranMG

How do third party keyboards feel on the 6S?
Is there still lag when they appear? Or has the extra speed made them butter smooth?

Goldenhen

iTunes isn't recognizing my 6S for some reason. Windows does recognize it but doesn't give me an option to open it in iTunes. Anyone else having this problem?
I'm on Windows 10.

I had that problem until I uninstalled iTunes then restarted PC and reinstalled iTunes afterward.

That fixed my problem.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Looks like these iPhone 6S are super water resistant compared to last year models:

edit: correct link is https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=T7Qf9FTAXXg&t=2

Still working after 30mn under water. Better engineering on all fronts, Apple has a winner.

This is actually quite surprising to me. I was expecting Apple to eventually make "the waterproof iPhone" someday, and make a big deal about it, but I guess they've kinda introduced it as a stealth feature.

I do think they'll eventually make the waterproof aspect more intentional and explicit in future phones... but the fact that this just snuck in with waterproof ability is really great news. I'm not saying I'd take it scuba diving, but it seems you don't have to worry about it in the rain or taking a splash or two.

Akira

Noooo, the iPhone 6S sim is a nano SIM and my Straight Talk SIM is a micro SIM. How could I forget this important detail? Is it possible to switch my ST account to a nano SIM if I buy a nano kit from Walmart?

Top Bottom