• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

TxdoHawk

Love seeing Magpul love. Great cases.

Sometimes I feel like the constant micromanaging of a lot of these system settings does more harm than good.

I'm sure there is some halfway point where it is worth the effort to flip off a few specific settings here and there, but I just don't want to be bothered. One of many reasons I went for a Plus.

Reckoner

How is the side facing speaker of the iPhone for media consumption, especially in comparison with dual front facing speaker phones?

make sure all previous backups are deleted from your account. It's not iOS 9 per se.. I've had this in previous iOS versions also. Check to see if it's a space issue.. if it's not a space issue, the other thing I'ev come across is a failed backup stored in icloud preventing further backups, and one time I swear I had a previous iOS version backup (from an upgrade) preventing my current backup from working.

I just deleted my old backup. Hopefully that helps, because the only time I've gotten it to back-up is when I manually forced it yesterday, and it took a good 10 minutes to do so. For reference, I've got a little less than 8gb free, and my current 6s backup (that I forced yesterday morning) is ~978MB.

How often is it supposed to back-up to iCloud? Every time you connect to power on your home wifi network?

jadjei

Okay gaf, I lost my iPhone 5 (which was later on stolen by someone) while running for the bus. Is iPhone 6S a huge upgrade from iPhone 6? I don't really have money right now but I'm planning on getting an iPhone in the future and I'm deciding between a 6 or 6S.

RDreamer

Okay gaf, I lost my iPhone 5 (which was later on stolen by someone) while running for the bus. Is iPhone 6S a huge upgrade from iPhone 6? I don't really have money right now but I'm planning on getting an iPhone in the future and I'm deciding between a 6 or 6S.

Twice the ram, so yes it's worth the slightly higher price.

SeanR1221

make sure all previous backups are deleted from your account. It's not iOS 9 per se.. I've had this in previous iOS versions also. Check to see if it's a space issue.. if it's not a space issue, the other thing I'ev come across is a failed backup stored in icloud preventing further backups, and one time I swear I had a previous iOS version backup (from an upgrade) preventing my current backup from working.

Interesting. I deleted my old phone backup (I always forget this for a few weeks after getting a new phone). Will report back tomorrow.

subrock

Make sure to turn on find my iPhone in the future

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
I just deleted my old backup. Hopefully that helps, because the only time I've gotten it to back-up is when I manually forced it yesterday, and it took a good 10 minutes to do so. For reference, I've got a little less than 8gb free, and my current 6s backup (that I forced yesterday morning) is ~978MB.

How often is it supposed to back-up to iCloud? Every time you connect to power on your home wifi network?

once a day, while connected to power and on wifi. so because I only charge my ipad like once a week or so.. even though it's on wifi for hours every day, it usually only gets backed up like once a week.

123rl

If anyone wants a phone is just try and make a reservation at an Apple Store. I got mine on Saturday no problem.

This is what I did, and smiled to myself as I walked past the queue of people waiting at the front of the store!

Reserved 6am Saturday morning, picked up at my time slot at 6:30. I was finished in 20 minutes and restoring from iCloud in less than an hour

Hope to pick up a 6s+ this week. I normally don't like using cases on my phones, but using my girlfriends iPhone 6, it's a slippery little bigger. So, any recommendations on very low profile thin cases or bumpers for a 6s+?

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I can use my T-Mobile iPhone 6s+ that I got from Apple.com with AT&T right ? Because after two days with T-Mobile, I've come to the conclusion that it's a terrible service for me. I get no connection what so ever outside my house. This is unacceptable.

jaydogg691

Has anyone dropped their phone yet?

I dropped my 6S on the streets of Hollywood within the first 5 hours of getting it and not a single scratch or crack. I do have a real slim case on it, but these new phones seem like they can take a beating. Makes me kind of regret not going Plus, because the time I was rocking the Plus I had no case and the nude feel is nice.

Even still I'll just stick with the case because the camera hump really kills the design. Worst than the antenna lines. Here my current set up. Pics taken with an Air 2.
V6xgork.jpg

Taptic Engine notifications are so much nicer. No longer do my coworkers know when I get a text.

This. Even though I have an Apple Watch and know how quiet that is, I was amazed the first few time my phone vibrated for an incoming notification. I was like a foot away from it and couldn't hear sitting on the desk.

If money is tight, just get the 6. The moment you buy a new phone, you're already behind the trend anyway.

If money is REALLY that tight, get the 6. However, if you find yourself using your phone for several years (which I think you do, based on the fact that you lost a 5) I'd have to recommend a 6S. The performance is going to last a lot longer

Hope to pick up a 6s+ this week. I normally don't like using cases on my phones, but using my girlfriends iPhone 6, it's a slippery little bigger. So, any recommendations on very low profile thin cases or bumpers for a 6s+?

I've used the leather case on my 6 and this 6s+ but I might spring for the silicon one for winter because the air is dryer. Anyone have any experience comparing the silicon to leather in winter air?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
This. Even though I have an Apple Watch and know how quiet that is, I was amazed the first few time my phone vibrated for an incoming notification. I was like a foot away from it and couldn't hear sitting on the desk.
phone engine is way better than the watch (I own both). Watch is nice, but also very simple. Phone (and presumably MacBook trackpad?) are virtually revolutionary. Buh bye same motors we've basically had since pagers... not gonna miss you.

Looking for some 6S Plus case recommendations. I don't do Otterbox and all that bulky shit. Want something really low profile that goes on and off quickly. Thanks in advance.

Fjordson

This is a kinda small thing, but coming from the straight edges on my 4 and 5, I really love the rounded edges on this. Feels great in hand and just looks good.

This is a kinda small thing, but coming from the straight edges on my 4 and 5, I really love the rounded edges on this. Feels great in hand and just looks good.
ehhhh

don't know about looking good. 6/6s is pretty universally agreed to be the ugliest iPhones Apple dished out. love my 2gb ram, but the thing is hideous looking. especially the back

I'm coming from a 5

BashNasty

ehhhh

don't know about looking good. 6/6s is pretty universally agreed to be the ugliest iPhones Apple dished out. love my 2gb ram, but the thing is hideous looking. especially the back

I'm coming from a 5

Different strokes for different folks.

I think it looks fantastic, much better than my old 5S.

I keep getting pieces of lint stuck between the front panel and metal bezel on my 6S Plus :

Holy crap. Thought I was the only one crazy enough to notice these. I guess we gaffers would notice such details. This morning I took a thin paper and ran it along the edge, which got the dust out.

Edit: Btw, SSD-level storage!?

Fjordson

ehhhh

I'm coming from a 5
Damn, really? I like it a lot more than my 5. But maybe that's just the effect of having a new phone after three years with the 5.

ehhhh

I'm coming from a 5

No, I wouldn't say that at all. Easily my second favorite iPhone design.

WillyFive

ehhhh

I'm coming from a 5

Citation needed.

It's too bad that you can't stand it up like you could with the previous phones with flat edges, and the bezels are really big compared to other modern phones; but it's one great looking design. Every photo taken of it looks marvelous.

I think I've successfully adjusted to the iphone 6s screen. Coming from Lg G3's 5.5", I wasn't sure I could do with this compact size - but I can now pocket such a powerful and elegant device without standing up! I'm very happy lol.
Now the only thing left to do is ship my preorder 6s+ SG back to Tmobile and I'm home free...

Tl;dr had lg g3, preordered 6s+, picked up a 6s and rocking it. Returning 6s+.

/iphone story

Got my order amended by T-mobile because something happen with the system. They messed up and ordered me a 6Plus S when I only wanted a regular, but I wasn't too bullish on changing size if it meant a device.

Lo and behold I got a regular 6 Plus. Not even an S!

Also I now have a monthly payment tied to an S line according to my-tmobile account....

Top Bottom