• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
The battery life on the 6s+ is killer. Yesterday woke up about 11 am EST, went to bed around 3 am EST and was at 20%. And the thing is, I was home all day. So in the real world it's going to be great. Love not having to charge my phone.

Woke up today at 10:30 am EST, and have been reading GAF all morning on it. And it's now 12:13 pm and Still at 100%.

giga

The only pros for the normal S are that it's easier to hold and is slightly smoother in some animations. That's it.
It's also not as uncomfortable to sit down with when wearing slim fit pants. Neither were as comfortable as the 5 though.

Drama

I got up and went for a piss around 4am ish. I'm staying over at my girlfriends house so I used my 6S as a torch. Everything was fine. Went back to bed, put the 6S back on charge.

I wake up later this morning and the phone is off. Press Home button - nothing. Press Power button - nothing. I also had to hold the Home and Power together for a while to get the phone to turn on.

Everything seems fine after turning on though. It turned on with 100% battery so can't be a battery issue. Just as well it's my day off today and I had no alarms set.

Actually the same thing happened to me this morning. By any chance did you happen to use a non apple charger at any point during the day? That's the only thing I did that I can think of being the issue

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That seems like a big thing to consider (so to speak).

I have the 6S. I honestly can't imagine anything bigger being that practical as a pocketable communications device.

Would an Apple Store let you test putting one in your pocket to try out the size? TBH my Z3 is often used two handed if I'm typing so the handing size shouldn't be an issue (and I don't think I could go back to a 4.7" screen - I tried and returned the Z3 compact)

McHuj

Would an Apple Store let you test putting one in your pocket to try out the size? TBH my Z3 is often used two handed if I'm typing so the handing size shouldn't be an issue (and I don't think I could go back to a 4.7" screen - I tried and returned the Z3 compact)

I did. No one said a thing.

9.0.2 is out - fixes some issues with the cellular data toggle, iMessage activation, Podcasts stability, iCloud backup/manual backup, and incorrect rotation of screen when notifications popped up.

I switched from a Z3 to 6+ (and now a 6s+) and it really wasn't that big of a difference in terms of size. I feel the same way about screen size... I can never go back to a smaller phone now.

Wreav

Banned
Actually the same thing happened to me this morning. By any chance did you happen to use a non apple charger at any point during the day? That's the only thing I did that I can think of being the issue
Happened once to me as well with a Verizon charger. Hasn't happened since.

Fjordson

After living on 16 GB from my first iPhone up to my iPhone 5 a few weeks ago, having 64 GB worth of storage is amazing.

Just updated to 9.0.2 and didn't have to clear any space
rejoice.png

Pachimari

I just bought an iPhone 6. And I am looking at the box, is it normal that it is all white? There's an iPhone silhouette in white but not actual iPhone. =/
But there's not even a picture of the iPhone 6 on the box. Is that normal?

Might actually be true. I find myself just looking to see the time and accidentally unlocking my phone.

I use the power button to check the time/look at notifications and I'm only on a 6. I can't wait to get a 7/see what they do. Touch ID is a feature that I never knew I wanted but would now hate to be without.

cjp

I put both in my pocket right in front of an employee that was stood at the other side of the table. He just laughed.

They're attached to wires anyway. As long as you don't try to walk out of the store...

9.0.2 is out - fixes some issues with the cellular data toggle, iMessage activation, Podcasts stability, iCloud backup/manual backup, and incorrect rotation of screen when notifications popped up.

Yessssssss. I'll tell my sister to update, she's been having issues with iCloud backup not letting her do it at all

xsarien

daedsiluap

Huh. I hit the iMessage activation issue on the day I got it, but I figured it had pretty much everything to do with Verizon clearly not de-activating my old phone in a timely manner (it was still on when I had the problem.)

how do i get an unlocked iphone 6s? my girlfriend was born in denmark and has family there. she is going to visit them in november and they asked her to get them a 64GB 6s and bring it with them. i called the apple store and they told me they would not sell us an unlocked phone and that we would have to choose a carrier before leaving the store with the phone. however, ebay seems to be flooded with unlocked 6s's, so it must be possible. thanks in advance for the help!

They have extra long wires for the phone models, so you can pretty much try putting them in your pockets and whatnot. The staff are usually helpful in answering any questions really.

Last year, when I was trying to decide what size to go with (I'll be upgrade to a 6S in December), I basically tried putting both phones in my jacket pockets, hoodie pocket & jeans (front and rear) - right in front of the Apple employees and the security guard. Probably the only comments I got from the staff was: "Have you figured out what size you like best" and "Even though the Plus is big, it doesn't really 'feel big'".

Omeyocan

Hi !

I'm from Canada. I got my iPhone 6S+ this monday ( I'm with TELUS ). I love it in every way. The problem is that I no longer can see and receive visual voicemail. I called the technical service and they don't know why and where it's coming from. I already updated to iOS 9.0.2 today and the problem persists. Anyone has a clue on what's wrong ?

Thanks.

Pachimari

It will be so cool if I can store my credit card and flight tickets on the iPhone 6. Hopefully the Passport app supports the flight company and credit card.

Just quadruple checking....buying a phone from Apple makes it unlocked right? What's Band 30 for AT&T or whatever?

All the iPhone models this time are hardware unlocked: every model has all the bands to work on any network worldwide. AT&Ts has an additional band, Band 30, that only they use and is not totally rolled out yet and does not affect performance on any other network

Now, carriers can still SIM-lock a phone if you buy it on contract with them. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint will all gladly SIM-lock your phone if you buy it on one of their contracts. Verizon's is unlocked no matter what. If you buy the phone full price or do the iPhone Upgrade Program, it's also SIM-unlocked

Just quadruple checking....buying a phone from Apple makes it unlocked right? What's Band 30 for AT&T or whatever?

Buying an iPhone at full retail price from the Apple Store is unlocked.

The Band 30 for AT&T is an LTE band that AT&T will be utilizing for it's network expansion for the next coming months. Only the AT&T iPhone 6s/6s Plus support that specific band.

All the iPhone models this time are hardware unlocked: every model has all the bands to work on any network worldwide. AT&Ts has an additional band, Band 30, that only they use and is not totally rolled out yet and does not affect performance on any other network

Now, carriers can still SIM-lock a phone if you buy it on contract with them. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint will all gladly SIM-lock your phone if you buy it on one of their contracts. Verizon's is unlocked no matter what. If you buy the phone full price or do the iPhone Upgrade Program, it's also SIM-unlocked

hmm... so buying a verizon 6s at full price from the apple store will allow my gf to send the phone to family in denmark and they will be able to get it set up with their carrier there?

Anion

Yes they encouraged me to lol

hmm... so buying a verizon 6s at full price from the apple store will allow my gf to send the phone to family in denmark and they will be able to get it set up with their carrier there?

Buying any model at full price makes it unlocked. Verizon is just special in that you can buy it on contract and it's still unlocked

Buying any model at full price makes it unlocked. Verizon is just special in that you can buy it on contract and it's still unlocked

if i go to apple's site and try to buy one at full price they still force me to set up an account with a carrier. there's no option to just buy the phone and have it shipped without establishing a wireless account or tying it to an existing wireless account...

Bloodrage

Banned
6S Plus here. I thought this thing was supposed to be 128 GB.

Used: 3.6 GB (this is all the preinstalled stuff since I haven't installed anything yet)

Available: 110 GB

Wtf.

Top Bottom