• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Pachimari

What is this Wallet app I read about on the App Store? And why don't I have it?

I also wonder how I can add my master card and flight tickets to the Passport app?

It seems confusing.

What is this Wallet app I read about on the App Store? And why don't I have it?

I also wonder how I can add my master card and flight tickets to the Passport app?

It seems confusing.

Wallet is a pre-installed app that holds your credit and debit cards, flight tickets and other items such as a Starbucks card, AAA membership and coupons.

Your iPhone would have prompted you to set up Wallet when you set up a 6s/6s+ or 6/6+ with iOS 9.

Pachimari

Oh I see. Makes sense. Can't wait to try out Wallet then.

What about the flight ticket?
I booked mine for a Norwegian flight but it don't seem to work with Passbook.

Hey guys, so I'm in the market for a new phone and after some preliminary research, I have become rather interested in the 6s. Regardless of what phone I settle on, I will be switching carriers from AT&T to Verizon (much better coverage in my area).

I'm a complete newbie to Apple/iPhones, so I could use some purchasing advice. Are there advantages to buying directly from Apple online/Apple store? I can set up a new contract through Apple as well right? Anything else I should be aware of?

Hey guys, so I'm in the market for a new phone and after some preliminary research, I have become rather interested in the 6s. Regardless of what phone I settle on, I will be switching carriers from AT&T to Verizon (much better coverage in my area).

I'm a complete newbie to Apple/iPhones, so I could use some purchasing advice. Are there advantages to buying directly from Apple online/Apple store? I can set up a new contract through Apple as well right? Anything else I should be aware of?
choose a team in the civil war first. 6s or 6s+

remember only nerds pick the +

bionic77

I did see some on the initial set up while it was still indexing everything after the iCloud restore, but I haven't seen any hitching to speak of as of day 2. I'm typically really sensitive to frame drops, so I'd notice.
I had the exact same experience.

Smooth as butter since the first day.

Don't see any difference between this and my wife's 6S.

Persona7

Banned
Finally got a order in after t-mobile fucked me over

uOcwoGh.gif

on apple.com

Shpeshal Nick

aka Collingwood
While the Plus frame rate issue swiping pages is mildly annoying, the OIS is just magnificent. Couldn't go back to not having it.

My 930 is on eBay as we speak.

After getting cock blocked by Verizon for four days I roll back into the Apple Store and try to get my iPhone again.

They try grabbing my phone... Still blocked. Apparently the three day hold on my account is actually a thirty day hold. "Why don't you just get the phone from us?" They say. Man FUCK VERIZON.

Seriously after an hour on the phone at the Apple Store their solution was to give me another phone number to call so I can get my issue resolved.

It's fucking 9PM and I've wasted over two hours driving and waiting at the store.

Fuck. Verizon.

HUELEN10

After getting cock blocked by Verizon for four days I roll back into the Apple Store and try to get my iPhone again.

They try grabbing my phone... Still blocked. Apparently the three day hold on my account is actually a thirty day hold. "Why don't you just get the phone from us?" They say. Man FUCK VERIZON.

Seriously after an hour on the phone at the Apple Store their solution was to give me another phone number to call so I can get my issue resolved.

It's fucking 9PM and I've wasted over two hours driving and waiting at the store.

Fuck. Verizon.
Aren't you tired of those greedy bastards?
1wbPCFP.jpg

Switch already. What's stopping you at this point? No way T-Mo wouldn't be an improvement to what your dealing with, right? And if you are not satisfied, they will unlock the phone for you so you can take it anywhere else. What do you have to lose?

No, I don't work for T-mo, just am a big fan, and you can't beat the gaurd tee, or price, so why not, right?

Fuck. Verizon.

Verizon is literally the worst. Actively antagonist customer support

HUELEN10

Verizon is literally the worst. Actively antagonist customer support

Their whole bragging about their small, medium, large and XL data buckets make me cringe. THAT is XL? Don't make me laugh.

These guys really are greedy bastards that just don't get it.

Symphonic

Any update on Google updating their apps with 3D touch? I'm an avid user of the base Google Search app and Inbox and a peek and pop feature for both would be killer.

HUELEN10

Any update on Google updating their apps with 3D touch? I'm an avid user of the base Google Search app and Inbox and a peek and pop feature for both would be killer.

Has Google EVER updated an iOS app with functionality that makes it superior to the android version of the same app? There's your answer.

I would be very, very surprised they would include such functionality at this stage. Microsoft I could see, but not Google.

kaskade

1wbPCFP.jpg

Switch already. What's stopping you at this point? No way T-Mo wouldn't be an improvement to what your dealing with, right? And if you are not satisfied, they will unlock the phone for you so you can take it anywhere else. What do you have to lose?

No, I don't work for T-mo, just am a big fan, and you can't beat the gaurd tee, or price, so why not, right?

I would jump on tmobile in a minute if they had good service where I lived.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I've come from a Windows Phone so no idea.

I just know that the animation of swiping through screens/pages of apps is most certainly not 60

It is on mine. But I don't keep more than 5 things open at any given time. Probably why my battery life is so good.

1wbPCFP.jpg

Im thinking very hard about doing that 30$ for 5gb plan.

But their service though ....

Symphonic

Has Google EVER updated an iOS app with functionality that makes it superior to the android version of the same app? There's your answer.

I would be very, very surprised they would include such functionality at this stage. Microsoft I could see, but not Google.

Uhhhh has there ever been something like 3D Touch that's fundamentally different hardware-wise? Honest question.

Rootbeer

Banned

remember T-Mobile has Wi-Fi calling so if you have good wi-fi at home and/or work it will help with the signal issues if they are primarily in those locations. Yes, Wi-Fi calling works with prepaid (you still have to pay per minute for calls but you'll get excellent signal) On-the-go though is another matter. Thankfully for me here in the bay area the signal is fairly consistent. I sometimes switch from LTE to 4G in a few areas but very rarely to Edge.

HUELEN10

You CAN do a 7-day risk free trial of their service...

you CAN just join them and be covered under John Legere's 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, and leave them, again with no risk and the phone will be unlocked before you go...

Do it! The service in your area might be better than you think!

MRSA

Banned
You CAN do a 7-day risk free trial of their service...

you CAN just join them and be covered under John Legere's 100 percent satisfaction guarantee, and leave them, again with no risk and the phone will be unlocked before you go...

Do it! The service in your area might be better than you think!

It's a lifetime guarantee. But they'll refund you up to a month's service.

remember T-Mobile has Wi-Fi calling so if you have good wi-fi at home and/or work it will help with the signal issues if they are primarily in those locations. Yes, Wi-Fi calling works with prepaid (you still have to pay per minute for calls but you'll get excellent signal) On-the-go though is another matter. Thankfully for me here in the bay area the signal is fairly consistent. I sometimes switch from LTE to 4G in a few areas but very rarely to Edge.

Wait is LTE better than 4G?

HUELEN10

Wait is LTE better than 4G?
There is no 4G in the sense of what you think it is.

HSPA+ is inferior to LTE is inferior LTE Advanced, but even HSPA+ is branded as 4G, and it is a lot faster than even most people's mid-tier DSL, reading like half the average cable internet speeds with most users.

The first "4G" phone was the 4S; it supported HSPA+.

Persona7

Banned
I liked t-mobile up until this point. I have a old family plan that isn't available any more and they won't allow me to make any changes to my account or upgrade my phone directly from them until I switch to their new family plan where each line is $20 more per month. On top of that they suddenly stopped allowing non-primary line users to make payments. Seems like they want to annoy me as much as possible.

I switched from AT&T to T-Mobile and have been pretty happy so far. I pay about $120 for 4 lines. (They had a deal where you got 4 lines for the price of 3 so I have one extra line for free for giggles) 10GB each line with 10GB stashed until the end of the year. When it works it's most of the time and blazing speed. When it doesn't work it's like 4G. Not too bad and it hasn't been a big issue.

npa189

Is there a gesture to launch the multitasker in landscape like there is in portrait? I really don't like double clicking the home button.

pbsapeer

Banned
Bought sim-free :)

Sticking with my unlimited date plan from 3. Such a great network and coverage is constantly 4G and sometimes 3G

Pachimari

Man, I'm not impressed with my new iPhone 6. It have lagged and crashed multiple times in Safari and Chrome just loading GAF threads. It almost feels less smooth than the LG G3 I had before it.

And I'm almost getting cramps because it isn't that wide and I got rather large hands. But I'll get used to it for sure. :)

ZeroX03

Banned
Man, I'm not impressed with my new iPhone 6. It have lagged and crashed multiple times in Safari and Chrome just loading GAF threads. It almost feels less smooth than the LG G3 I had before it.

And I'm almost getting cramps because it isn't that wide and I got rather large hands. But I'll get used to it for sure. :)

I mean the 6S was the speed and stability update. We could've told you beforehand the 6 would be like that.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
That's not true at all. On the last couple days I've seen more people with + than with the regular 6 at the mall. A ratio of like 5:1.

That's because you literally can't see any of the people with the regular iPhone as the + blocks out the sun.

Pachimari

I mean the 6S was the speed and stability update. We could've told you beforehand the 6 would be like that.
I don't care what the 6S is. I know it got double the RAM and all that, but iPhone 6 were still a beast a year ago and should probably have held up to phones like LG G3.

I'm just happy that I have 64gb of space now and a good battery.

ZeroX03

Banned
I don't care what the 6S is. I know it got double the RAM and all that, but iPhone 6 were still a beast a year ago and should probably have held up to phones like LG G3.

I'm just happy that I have 64gb of space now and a good battery.

It was a beast, but a beast with well known Safari refreshing from launch.

Top Bottom