• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Oh no, like I have an AT&T account. I just had to reserve a T-Mobile model because they didn't have any AT&T models of the one that I want. So instead of scanning the IMEI number off the back of the phone they'd be able to scan it off an AT&T SIM card, right? And then it magically becomes an AT&T phone I can use on the upgrade program?

Or is it tied to the actual serial number? Because that would suck

right, this is what I'm saying. You reserved a T-Mobile phone (designated as such because it comes installed with a T-Mobile SIM), so you have to have service with T-Mobile to get it on the Upgrade Program.

Basically what "kind" of phone it is is determined either by whose SIM is in the phone, or for CDMA phones, which service the IMEI (or whatever the CDMA version of that is) is whitelisted on.

right, this is what I'm saying. You reserved a T-Mobile phone (designated as such because it comes installed with a T-Mobile SIM), so you have to have service with T-Mobile to get it on the Upgrade Program.

Man, my store didn't get any AT&T models in :( thanks

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Is it true that the IQ when taking photos on the brand new 12MP sensor isn't really better than the 8MP on the Ip6+?

in well lit shots, it is a little better, but the 6 and 6 Plus are still INCREDIBLY good cameras. In low light shots, 6 and definitely 6 Plus are a tiny bit better (less noise) because of bigger pixels.

The entire reason for the 12Mp sensor was for 4K. It's the lowest possible resolution capable of capturing 4K video (3840x2880 is technically the smallest 4:3 sensor resolution capable of capturing 3840x2160 video, but my guess is 12Mp is the closest sensor from Sony to do the job)

Son of a bitch!

Checked the site, they had a rose gold and space gray -- I reserved one, put in my text to get code confirmation, and when I entered it...

... It was gone!

Why the fuck does Apple do the text thing. This is infuriating.

And now AZ is all out of them all over again.

I reserved my 6s+ at my local Apple Store last Saturday. All I did was pick the phone I wanted and the time to pick it up and I was set. Never any text or anything. What is the text for, like to confirm you wanted that phone or does it have something to do with 2 factor verification setup on your Apple ID?

Nephtis

I reserved my 6s+ at my local Apple Store last Saturday. All I did was pick the phone I wanted and the time to pick it up and I was set. Never any text or anything. What is the text for, like to confirm you wanted that phone or does it have something to do with 2 factor verification setup on your Apple ID?

.......fuck. I've never checked for that.

Every time I've reserved a phone it makes me text, but some people never have to do it. I have no idea why. I don't have 2FA on my AppleID either

Every time I've reserved a phone it makes me text, but some people never have to do it. I have no idea why. I don't have 2FA on my AppleID either

Strange. I wonder if it's store specific? I've reserved the 6+ and 6s+ the last 2 launches for in store and neither time did I have to text anything.

I'm in Tucson but given all the frustration I may make the drive up there just for that damned beer. Because it would still be less frustrating than all this.

At this point if you find a phone in Pheonix I will personally nab it and drive it to you. Just don't rob or rape me.

I kid... Partially

Nephtis

At this point if you find a phone in Pheonix I will personally nab it and drive it to you. Just don't rob or rape me.

I kid... Partially

Now it's a thing of pride. If there's one in Phoenix I will drive up to get it.

It's been like this: mildly considering it -> not wanting it -> really wanting it -> exhuming Job's grave and punch him in the balls -> looking at Note 5 -> must have it -> fuck this shit -> must have it again.

At the end? I will go buy that beer at Sun Up. And I will take a damned picture of the beer with my new iPhone 6s+.

Now it's a thing of pride. If there's one in Phoenix I will drive up to get it.

It's been like this: mildly considering it -> not wanting it -> really wanting it -> exhuming Job's grave and punch him in the balls -> looking at Note 5 -> must have it -> fuck this shit -> must have it again.

At the end? I will go buy that beer at Sun Up. And I will take a damned picture of the beer with my new iPhone 6s+.

I understand. I left Android for the 6 2 months ago knowing I was going to upgrade. I did not know it would be for the plus though. I am glad I made the jump. I get a lot of hell from friends and co-workers about my iPhone as I am in the tech sector but at the end of the day we all agree Apple hardware and software just works.

Be patient it's with the wait.

Nephtis

I understand. I left Android for the 6 2 months ago knowing I was going to upgrade. I did not know it would be for the plus though. I am glad I made the jump. I get a lot of hell from friends and co-workers about my iPhone as I am in the tech sector but at the end of the day we all agree Apple hardware and software just works.

Be patient it's with the wait.

Hah, I'm also in the tech sector -- my boss found out about my wanting an iPhone and he gave me all sorts of crap about it. A lot of my coworkers too -- the thing is, I currently have a Note 4. I both love and hate Android, and I haven't really given Apple a chance. Now I want to get to know the OS. I'm gonna buy a Mac Mini too.

Guys, was eating lunch at work today I think I just solved the "oversensitive Touch ID" problem. Use a finger that you don't have registered for Touch ID!!!

-_- breakthrough

TheZink

My dads iphone was stolen last week so I gave him my new 6s plus and I'm back on my iPhone 5s. I never really thought my 5s was slow but it is totally jarring coming back to it after a week. Hopefully I'll pick up one again in a few months.

My dads iphone was stolen last week so I gave him my new 6s plus and I'm back on my iPhone 5s. I never really thought my 5s was slow but it is totally jarring coming back to it after a week. Hopefully I'll pick up one again in a few months.

Did your dad get an insurance plan?

This $917 purchase I'm about to make, makes me concerned if anything bad happens to my iPhone 6S.

Succumbed to the 6S+ fever. I want the larger screen. I originally got a 6S but called Verizon to initiate a switch. Should arrive sometime in a few weeks, and I get to use the 6S in the meantime.

Succumbed to the 6S+ fever. I want the larger screen. I originally got a 6S but called Verizon to initiate a switch. Should arrive sometime in a few weeks, and I get to use the 6S in the meantime.

I really think you'll enjoy it. I went the opposite direction but only because I knew I wanted the smaller form and I didn't need Plus features. Did Verizon allow an in store switch or do you have to mail it back like me for T mobile?

I really think you'll enjoy it. I went the opposite direction but only because I knew I wanted the smaller form and I didn't need Plus features. Did Verizon allow an in store switch or do you have to mail it back like me for T mobile?

No stores around me have the 6S+ in stock so I just initiated a swap by mail over the phone. They would have let me do it in store if they had them in stock. They send me the new phone and I factory reset the 6S and send it back. Almost too easy. I hope I don't regret going large!

No stores around me have the 6S+ in stock so I just initiated a swap by mail over the phone. They send me the new phone and I factory reset the 6S and send it back. Almost too easy. I hope I don't regret going large!
Right, that's how I returned my phone as well. Seeing that I already miss the big screen, you'll be all right :) haha.

Man if I ordered my shit from T-Mobile for overnight shipping on Friday morning, does that mean I'll get it tomorrow or Monday? I'm hearing now that there is a separate option for Saturday delivery and I don't remember seeing/selecting that. Outside of being impatient, this just poses an inconvenience, since I need someone to sign for the package and Monday is a work day.

Clefargle

I love my silver 16gb 6s. The Touch ID is so fast I just click it once from sleep and it's already scanned and I'm in the OS. It's butter. Also 3D Touch is cool, still getting used to it.

For people on T-Mobile that got the 64gb 6s+ with $99 down payment, what was your monthly payment for the phone? I'm looking at the lease contract and the payments add up to be more than the price of the phone new. Did the lease agreement show your monthly credit? How much is the monthly credit?

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Can any of the 6S owners chime in and tell me if the phones have a brightness drop once the phone heats up? That's IMO the biggest drawback of iphone 6, and has never happened to me on iphone 5.

Basically, just put brightness on max (and disable auto brightness) and play some 3D game for a while until the phone heats up. Observe if the backlight brightness steps down once the phone warms up.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
For people on T-Mobile that got the 64gb 6s+ with $99 down payment, what was your monthly payment for the phone? I'm looking at the lease contract and the payments add up to be more than the price of the phone new. Did the lease agreement show your monthly credit? How much is the monthly credit?

I didn't have to pay a down payment and pay $19 per month.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
That's not for the 64gb 6s+ though right?

My wife's 64 gb 6S is $15 a month and the 64gb 6S+ is $19. (After the credit for our old devices of course)

We got on JoD right when they first offered the deal so we got the lower rate. Didn't have to have a down payment when we went from 16gb to 64gb due to the preorder fiasco.

We'll see how true T-Mobile is to their word when my next bill arrives. I fully expect to have to call them to get my original rates back. Haha.

Also the credits don't show on the lease agreement. At least not in the financial part. Look at the fine print towards the end and it mentions the 6 trading to 6s customers get the same rate they had before.

My wife's 64 gb 6S is $15 a month and the 64gb 6S+ is $19. (After the credit for our old devices of course)

We got on JoD right when they first offered the deal so we got the lower rate. Didn't have to have a down payment when we went from 16gb to 64gb due to the preorder fiasco.

We'll see how true T-Mobile is to their word when my next bill arrives. I fully expect to have to call them to get my original rates back. Haha.

Also the credits don't show on the lease agreement. At least not in the financial part. Look at the fine print towards the end and it mentions the 6 trading to 6s customers get the same rate they had before.

I'm not trading a 6 in. I'm coming new to jump on demand for the 6s+. It's showing my monthly installment payment to be around $32 which seems off to me. How much are the monthly credits?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm not trading a 6 in. I'm coming new to jump on demand for the 6s+. It's showing my monthly installment payment to be around $32 which seems off to me. How much are the monthly credits?

Pretty sure mine and my wife's credits are $12 per month.

Jake.

are you able to add a 'blank' home screen (without any icons)? can't figure it out.

also bought the charcoal grey silicone case today for my space grey 6s. was originally going to get leather, but after handling both i much preferred the silicone. stupidly expensive (at least in australia) but if it lasts i'll be happy.

Has anybody experienced performance issues with the 6S ?

I have a 128gb and encountered several issues already:
- freeze for s few seconds when coming out of lock screen
- same thing sometimes when pulling down to get the search
- freeze of the settings app (had to kill it)

I'm on 9.0.2

Maximus.

Has anybody experienced performance issues with the 6S ?

I have a 128gb and encountered several issues already:
- freeze for s few seconds when coming out of lock screen
- same thing sometimes when pulling down to get the search
- freeze of the settings app (had to kill it)

I'm on 9.0.2

Yes I have with my 6S+.

Top Bottom