• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

mid83

I just reserved a 128gb space gray 6s Plus on AT&T for this afternoon in the Apple Store. Looks like our local stores just got a bunch of stock of phones today.

Fjordson

Almost want to exchange my 6S in hopes of getting one with a TSMC chip, but my phone has been really good so far (no screen tint issues, speakers sound good, etc.) so I guess I'll stick with shitty Samsung. Don't wanna play the iPhone lottery again until the 7 or 7S.

Ninja Dom

Remember before we got our iPhone's we had Jaxapollo creating that divide between us? 6S or 6S Plus?

Now we are being divided again, Samsung vs TMSC

There really isn't anything we can do about it and it's just us as hardcore enthusiasts that care. Enjoy your iPhone's guys.

⌗Chipgate

Just last week Samsung was the better of the two, imagine what else we'll find out this time next week...
People just assumed that having the smaller processor was better but Samsung gonna Samsung and with actual testing behind it it looks like TMSC is the better chipset.

My phone does run warm and battery life isn't great. If it doesn't settle I'll be returning it.

gimmmick

I hope next week we get better news that swing our favor to us samsung chip owners. Last week you had ppl dead set about switching their phones because the had the other soc maker.

How could apple drop the ball this hard if the reports are indeed true?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I hope next week we get better news that swing our favor to us samsung chip owners. Last week you had ppl dead set about switching their phones because the had the other soc maker.

How could apple drop the ball this hard if the reports are indeed true?

I doubt the test will just magically change next week. You can perform the tests yourself and compete the results.

I think Apple was in a hard place where they either had to delay the iPhone or set up a second source of supply for the chip. It is unreasonable to expect two chips made at different companies to perform exactly the same.

Ninja Dom

People just assumed that having the smaller processor was better but Samsung gonna Samsung and with actual testing behind it it looks like TMSC is the better chipset.

My phone does run warm and battery life isn't great. If it doesn't settle I'll be returning it.

I got the Samsung chip. 6S regular. Everything is fine. I consider myself quite a heavy user. Last 24 hours: 15 hours standby and 6 hours usage. I'm paired to an Apple Watch 24 hours a day too. No heat issues either.

It's no big deal.

Anion

6S 64gb with Samsung here. Phone hasn't heated up yet nor is my battery life utterly bad. But kinda now that I have read the reports of the Samsung vs the other soc, I feel that I should trade in or something lol. Heard the odds of getting the Samsung were 1/4 and somehow I got one

Arcteryx

6S+ with TSMC. Perfect iPhone.

Though I lost GPS signal today, never hapoened to me before.

I've seen a number of people report this on the +. I've had it happen a couple times too. I'll randomly have it jump all over in GoogleMaps or Uber...super frustrating.

neshcom

Banned
Just ordered a 6S through T-Mobile. Dude in the store had no idea when to expect it. He guessed 4-6 weeks. Has anyone else had that timeline? I'm sure getting a space grey will extend it, huh?

Newline

My iPhone 6S+ 64GB Silver is rocking the TSMC chip and only has minor pinching in the bottom left corner of the screen

Im based

boxter432

for those worried about getting (or already have) the Samsung chip...
I have it and have no issues. I brag about my battery to my GF everyday (she has a 5 that dies almost every day). has lasted 3+ days a couple times with minor (not a ton, but not just sitting in airplane mode...texting, safari, taking/sending pics, reading emails). Not great that it is looking more and more like its not as good as the other, but its not the end of the world (yet). Plus most of us are on iphone forever probably, and will get a 7 in 11 months anyways, so chip/battery/phone shouldn't degrade much at all.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
Wow I'm an idiot. I was being so cheap when pre ordering that I got a 16gb Gold 6s+ for 750 instead of the 64gb 6s+ for 850. Huge mistake I don't even download music to my phone because I stream via Spotify and I only have 8 apps installed and I'm down to 5.1gb. I would send it back to Apple in exchange for a 6s+ 64gb, but they all have wait times of 2-3 weeks. And you have 14-days to return it or exchange it, but we're already on day 10 tomorrow. I know people in this thread were warning others of buying a 16gb, but I was being such a cheap idiot. Oh well this is going to have to suffice me for a year, until the iPhone 7+ comes out.

Ambient80

I have joined the Bros Gold community.

Honestly in most lighting it looks more like a copper color than pink. It's definitely different but I like it.

ZeroX03

Banned
So I noticed half my apps didn't transfer over with a full backup from iTunes. I'm trying to manually install them from iTunes and they just sit there. I can download them from the App Store and no important data was lost so it's no big deal just a minor annoyance. Didn't happen with my last two phones, I wonder why it's happening now.

Red

My wife wants to upgrade. Since we're on T-Mobile, can she just trade in her 6 to lock in that $5/month plan? We are not currently in JoD. We own both our phones.

Not a big deal. I'm sure in a month there will surface info of samsung chips being slightly better in other ways.

ps..I've been thinking of returning 64 for a 128GB but since I've got a TSMC it will force me to not spend the extra money.

What's the best setting for recording videos, 4K 30fps or 1080p 60fps?

What's the best setting for Slowmo videos? 1080p 120fps or 720p 240fps?

ZeroX03

Banned
So Hey Siri works with headphones in, but not when's it in your pocket. That kind of defeats the point...

What's the best setting for recording videos, 4K 30fps or 1080p 60fps?

What's the best setting for Slowmo videos? 1080p 120fps or 720p 240fps?

Those are two preference related options. Do you want higher picture quality or higher framerate? That's a question only you can answer.

derek212

I have a question!

I have an 5s on a 2yr contract that ended last week. If I do the next program do I need to send it in or do I keep it ?

Top Bottom