• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Nephtis

So as of late my method to get an iPhone has come into question.

I wanted the upgrade program but I've heard of a lot of people getting denied even when they have fantastic credit, and now they have a hard credit pull on their credit history.

I wonder if I should just apply for a 0% (for the first year or two) credit card elsewhere and just purchase the phone through that.

So looooong story short, I went to pick up my 6s+ at noon after lucking out and reserving one at 8am. Get there and have to deal with 4 hours of issues.

1) I'm on Verizon but I am buying an AT&T phone as we are moving there with these phones. Turns out you can't have the phone without having the AT&T account, yet cannot have the account until you have the phone. We work on it and between my partner and them, we get it done.

2) They port my number over just fine.

3) During the application, their bank comes up Ineligible for this Apple Program, even though my card has 5 times what they want to charge on it, and my credit is 715. Turns out this is a reoccurring issue, and the Expert that this has been referred to has seen this happen to others with better credit. Googling finds many occurrences. The manager is brought in. I call their idiot bank Citizens Bank, and they say they got a blank response from Equifax! I say I can get it instantly on my phone, so why can't they? They say it could take up to 30 days to track down! I am done.

4) Now I have a number in the process of porting with no AT&T phone which will leave me phoneless. I talk to the Expert Jeremy again and he says that they will make this right, and think they can stop this from happening. Turns out they couldn't as my phone dies right after point 5. I leave as I have a dog to take care of.

5) I get a call in the car and Hallie, my first point of contact who jumped through flaming hoops for me and looked distraught when I left the store phoneless. She says that they talked it through and they wanted to make it good for me.

6) THEY GAVE ME THE iPHONE 6S+ free and clear!!!! The manager gave me his card and asked me to call him personally if I have any further issues. Apple handled everything with class and professionalism. The only flaw in the system on their side was porting a number comes before getting the phone, so I let them know that it needed to change. I did not get AppleCare in addition as I would have had the program functioned correctly, but I'll gladly pay out of pocket for that.

TLDR- 4 hours of issues in store during Apple Upgrade program garnered me a free new iPhone 6s+ 64Gb. Apple rules the school.

//ARCANUM

So looooong story short, I went to pick up my 6s+ at noon after lucking out and reserving one at 8am. Get there and have to deal with 4 hours of issues.

1) I'm on Verizon but I am buying an AT&T phone as we are moving there with these phones. Turns out you can't have the phone without having the AT&T account, yet cannot have the account until you have the phone. We work on it and between my partner and them, we get it done.

3) During the application, their bank comes up Ineligible for this Apple Program, even though my card has 5 times what they want to charge on it, and my credit is 715. Turns out this is a reoccurring issue, and the Expert that this has been referred to has seen this happen to others with better credit. Googling finds many occurrences. The manager is brought in. I call their idiot bank Citizens Bank, and they say they got a blank response from Equifax! I say I can get it instantly on my phone, so why can't they? They say it could take up to 30 days to track down! I am done.

4) Now I have a number in the process of porting with no AT&T phone which will leave me phoneless. I talk to the Expert Jeremy again and he says that they will make this right, and think they can stop this from happening. Turns out they couldn't as my phone dies right after point 5. I leave as I have a dog to take care of.

5) I get a call in the car and Hallie, my first point of contact who jumped through flaming hoops for me and looked distraught when I left the store phoneless. She says that they talked it through and they wanted to make it good for me.

6) THEY GAVE ME THE iPHONE 6S+ free and clear!!!! The manager gave me his card and asked me to call him personally if I have any further issues. Apple handled everything with class and professionalism. The only flaw in the system on their side was porting a number comes before getting the phone, so I let them know that it needed to change. I did not get AppleCare in addition as I would have had the program functioned correctly, but I'll gladly pay out of pocket for that.

TLDR- 4 hours of issues in store during Apple Upgrade program garnered me a free new iPhone 6s+ 64Gb. Apple rules the school.

Wow. That's one helluva manager. Giving you a $900 product for FREE. That's insane, but amazing and awesome. Congrats!

Oxn

People blow the size way out of proportion. The phone isn't even big. And I'm only 5'5-5'6. The regular 6s is way too small for a phone in 2015.

Im also 5'5, slim built, and where slim/skinny pants/dress pants, and I dont think the 6 Plus is big enough.

I want 5.7 inchs - 6inches dammit.

Ambient80

Im also 5'5, slim built, and where slim/skinny pants/dress pants, and I dont think the 6 Plus is big enough.

I want 5.7 inchs - 6inches dammit.

At that point you may as well get an iPad mini will cell service and give out your Skype number. :p

So I plan on picking up a 6s tomorrow (if they are in stock), and was looking into insurance options. Worth Ave seems to be pretty good, does anyone have experience with them?

I am head over heels in love with this phone. I thought it would be too big and now I can't picture not having the Plus.

Any great new iOS apps that have cool iOS 9 features?

Gaaraz

Get a cab to take you to the Apple Store, wait for you while you pick up the phone, then head to the Luxor?
Thanks, yeah that's what we did :) When I got there the guy informed me there must have been a mistake and they didn't have any in stock. After running to my reservation yesterday only for it to end in disaster I couldn't believe it, however, luckily another guy managed to find it. Phew :)

Going to leave it sealed until I get home, will probably be a Samsung chip but tbh I don't care any more, just relieved I have it!

Arthos

Perhaps someone might know: I got the 6s in Space Grey through T-mobile but want to switch to the Rose Gold. Does anyone know if I'd have to pay the down payment again or can I just make the switch? Figured I'd ask here in case anyone has done it before. I do intend on passing by T-mobile in the morning.

Clefargle

People blow the size way out of proportion. The phone isn't even big. And I'm only 5'5-5'6. The regular 6s is way too small for a phone in 2015.

I love my 6s screen size. I have a monitor and iPad, why would I need another enormous screen? Whatever, it's all personal preference

Shun

Holy shit I have never had a phone with this kind of battery life.

15 minutes of Konami rhythm game and it hasn't budged from 100%...

6S+ is leagues above and beyond anything I've dealt with for my 5S or handheld consoles.

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
Holy shit I have never had a phone with this kind of battery life.

15 minutes of Konami rhythm game and it hasn't budged from 100%...

6S+ is leagues above and beyond anything I've dealt with for my 5S or handheld consoles.
Same here. It's outstanding.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
From reading the Apple Store returns policy, it seems there is a no questions asked, 14 day return, even if the product has been used? As I'm still on the fence between 6s and 6s+, could I buy eg a 6s which is readily in stock and return if I simoly don't like it? Or grab a 6+ and return when they get stock of the 6s+ ?

marc^o^

Nintendo's Pro Bono PR Firm
The 4.7' screen size in the 6s is a sweet spot for me personally.
Coming from a 5.1' screen on the Galaxy S5, I couldn't go back to a smaller screen, that helped me make my decision. Besides the 6S+ has better features that are important to me. I use it one handed most of the time, or two handed when it's more convenient. I adapted to it rather instantly. I'm using a thin case that adds extra grip, which I think is a must on this big iPhone.

Admodieus

Really torn between a 6S and a 6S+. On one hand, the improved camera and superior battery life in the 6S+ really appeal to me - both are things that disappointed me constantly with Android handsets this year. However, I've had a Moto X (2013 version) for two years now and have come to love the 4.7" form factor.

How's the battery doing for regular 6S owners?

Newline

Would my 5s case work with my 6s+
With enough work anything is possible.

Edit:
Really torn between a 6S and a 6S+. On one hand, the improved camera and superior battery life in the 6S+ really appeal to me - both are things that disappointed me constantly with Android handsets this year. However, I've had a Moto X (2013 version) for two years now and have come to love the 4.7" form factor.

6S+ (TSMC chip) owner chiming in here. It all depends really, the regular 6s with a samsung chip is a lethal combitnation.

Admodieus

6S+ (TSMC chip) owner chiming in here. It all depends really, the regular 6s with a samsung chip is a lethal combitnation.

All my friends who have regular 6S devices seem to have the TSMC chip so I haven't been able to find good anecdotal experience from a Samsung 6S owner.

Red

No phone feels as good in the hand as the 2013 Moto X. You may as well go for the bigger screen. I recommend the + if you care about battery and camera. Those were the top factors in my purchase and I do not regret it.

Vyer

From reading the Apple Store returns policy, it seems there is a no questions asked, 14 day return, even if the product has been used? As I'm still on the fence between 6s and 6s+, could I buy eg a 6s which is readily in stock and return if I simoly don't like it? Or grab a 6+ and return when they get stock of the 6s+ ?

Might be better suited w the + so you can decide if you like the size or not. But you do run the risk of no stock in time I guess....

ZeroX03

Banned
How exactly do I use 3D touch? Every time I press slightly it just goes in instead of popping up.

In Settings, go General, Accessibility and down to 3D Touch. It has the sensitivity test which should make everything very clear and you can adjust it to work comfortable.

DedValve

Banned
Would my 5s case work with my 6s+

CanMan.jpg

I had a dream about 3D touch. I had to really press down on the phone for the max force setting. Still I wanna mess with it so bad. Hope I get a job soon! I'd love to have this phone!

My HTC is totally borked. Now when its 30% it really means "you got 5 minutes before dying". No longer reads my sd so all my music is gone and I'm forced to stream (which doesn't work on the train and has a cracked screen.

Had it for a year and everything minus the screen felt like it went straight to the shitter, even loads super slow.

Reckoner

I ended up ordering the regular 6s. I got tired of big phones with my Nexus 6. It's cool to use in doors, but on certain situations it's too cumbersome. Maybe I'll go plus for the 7, if they reduce the footprint of the device, for now I think I'll be fine. I also have a external battery if I need the extra juice. I can charge it in the car, at school, at work... It's all fine.

ZeroX03

Banned
3D Touch is legitimately the game changer the reviews said. It won't happen overnight, but it'll slowly become more and more essential to the phone experience to the point where it's on every phone and you'll use it for everything. Using it on the GAF subscriptions folder to check is great.

I only use my home button for Touch ID at this point. The blazingly fast Touch ID.

Newline

3D Touch is legitimately the game changer the reviews said. It won't happen overnight, but it'll slowly become more and more essential to the phone experience to the point where it's on every phone and you'll use it for everything. Using it on the GAF subscriptions folder to check is great.

I only use my home button for Touch ID at this point. The blazingly fast Touch ID.
image.php

You're not wrong.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Any info on restocks for certain locations or are we in the dark on this sort of thing? Trying to reserve a black 6s+ in either 64 or 128gb.

What the hell.

I tried 7 times to get my phone through their Upgrade Program :(

Rootbeer

Banned
I played with my friend's iphone 6s fuck it's small

I seriously can't downgrade after getting used to the 6s plus

I picked up my Nexus 5 after using the 6S+ for barely a day and it felt tiny in comparison. I love the larger screen. I'm a convert. If I can avoid it, I'll never use a 5in or smaller screen on a phone again.

The bigger screen hasn't been a burden for me either. Occasionally while I'm gripping the phone with one hand and try to reach for something near the top, i might struggle if my grip is not just right. But it's a small tradeoff for having the extras the Plus provides me.

I went on an all day trip Thursday with about 1/3 of it spent on the train using my phone the entire time, with lots of use while walking around too, and I still had more than 30% by the end of the day... this is the life i've been waiting for.

Red

I still appreciate the size of the 5s. Having such a feature-rich device at that small size was like magic. When wearables become more compelling I might move past that. But the 6s+ offers so many great features specific to its size that I am more than happy with it. I am confident in saying I am happier with it than any other phone I've owned. The build is so nice it is difficult to think of it as just a smartphone. It compares favorably to anything else I own. It's such a slick package, so fast and enjoyable to use.

VPhys

So strange, yesterday it was there, but today California is omitted from the states where you can reserve to pickup and iphone in an Apple store.

Top Bottom