• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Lexxism

@Lexxus

I don't have that glitch at all but it seems rather harmless, don't sweat it. Reboot to phone to see if it fixes it, or wait for the next update and see if that fixes it.

I wouldn't even bother restoring the phone just for that.
Yeah, it's really harmless but just annoying whenever I see it. Hmmm. I haven't tried rebooting it. I'll try that later if it will help. Yeah, I'm not really bothering with restoring the phone since it's just 4 days old phone and it's not funny setting up the phone again.

Lexxus, I've seen the same thing. I've also had simultaneous portrait and landscape status bars, and landscape status bars while the phone is in portrait. I've had the bar disappear completely, or overlaid by text inside apps so that both are obscured. Gotta be iOS funkiness.
Ah, good to know I'm not alone on this.

f@luS

More than a member.
https://vid.me/4vOO

Video of my issue. Total random freeze of the screen. Home button does work. But to make the screen work again I need to turn off turn on. It's a brand new 6s from two days ago

f@luS

More than a member.
I guess so.
But something is strange with my iCloud backup it says 4.9 on 5gb free yet I have a 1.5gb backup. I will save on iTunes as well just in case ....

Will be my 3rd one already .... Since the launch ...

https://vid.me/4vOO

Video of my issue. Total random freeze of the screen. Home button does work. But to make the screen work again I need to turn off turn on. It's a brand new 6s from two days ago

I have that, and as far as I can tell, it's an iOS bug. If you have already gotten a replacement at Apple and the phone is still acting up, then it's either your back up or iOS being funky.

My iPhone 6s Plus hasn't done it in a while though.

f@luS

More than a member.
I have that, and as far as I can tell, it's an iOS bug. If you have already gotten a replacement at Apple and the phone is still acting up, then it's either your back up or iOS being funky.

My iPhone 6s Plus hasn't done it in a while though.
I replaced for a camera issue its my new one. I can't not use my iCloud save its too important so should I go replace or wait a new iOS ?

Number45

I replaced for a camera issue its my new one. I can't not use my iCloud save its too important so should I go replace or wait a new iOS ?
If you could do without it for a while you could reset and not restore (don't back the phone up) and use it for a few days (or however long you think is necessary to confirm the issue isn't happening any more) - that way you would know whether the problem is with the phone or the restore from backup?

f@luS

More than a member.
If you could do without it for a while you could reset and not restore (don't back the phone up) and use it for a few days (or however long you think is necessary to confirm the issue isn't happening any more) - that way you would know whether the problem is with the phone or the restore from backup?
I did reset all settings yesterday it's still here unfortunately

Number45

I did reset all settings yesterday it's still here unfortunately
Ah, I thought you'd restored from a backup after that.

Definitely sounds like a problem with the phone then, if you can easily reproduce then it shouldn't be too much bother to get it swapped out (such having to replace a new phone twice though, I'm sure).

Vyer

yeah if that's a hardware issue get it swapped out. shitty luck to have two bad in a row but it is what it is. better to get it taken care of.

finally upgraded to a 6S when the lightning port on my 5S started acting up and wouldn't take a charge. I think the subtle thing I love the most and didnt' realize is how much easier the rounded edges on the bezel/screen make it for scrolling back and forth. Love that little touch. Fantastic design. I am also loving how speedy the thing is. I was actually thinking about this when checking out the aesthetics of the phone, but is the 3G pretty unanimously considered the worst iPhone design? I know it's my most hated.

Number45

Where are the 3D Touch settings? Feel like I need to mess around with higher sensitivity - I don't like pressing as hard as I currently have to.

Nelo Ice

Banned
So switching to a 6S+ was so worth it. Loving my phone even more now and I can see why big screens are so popular. Use my phone way more now since I have so much screen real estate for videos, browsing, etc.

Edit: Also I ended up getting a JETech bumper case and a tech armor ballasted glass screen protector. Love the case since it adds like no bulk and gives me some extra grip. And I just enjoy how it feels holding it. The screen protector is nice as well. I forgot it's even there sometimes so it's nice having the added protection. Overall not complaining about getting extra protection for my phone and it cost me under $20.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hey guys got this as my first iPhone! Kinda new to iOS and am switching from Android so wondering if there is anything I should get on it right away to make things easier.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Thank you! :) Pretty much just filled the phone with music and stuff I used regularly before. (Google Maps, Bus Pass, Favor, Bank app) I was using Firefox on Android but I was wondering if Safari was good enough for this?

Lexxism

Thank you! :) Pretty much just filled the phone with music and stuff I used regularly before. (Google Maps, Bus Pass, Favor, Bank app) I was using Firefox on Android but I was wondering if Safari was good enough for this?
Yeah. Just go with Safari. I really liked the browser especially coming from Chrome which is a really bad browser. Never had any problem with bookmarks since I can easily import it on safari using icloud.

I still use my 4s for exercising and the comparison between the 6s+ and the 4s is comical. the 4s feels and looks like a children's toy now. it makes me laugh.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I love low power mode. I keep my 6s+ on it 24/7. The 6s+ already has killer battery life that will last you all day, but with low power mode it gives you like an extra hour. I just wish it was a way to always keep it on.

Lexxism

I definitely agree with that. It kept my phone the whole day with the battery below 20%. It's really amazing. I keep on falling in love with this phone despite its price lol

Anyone have issues with the copy function? Ill copy a link then paste it but its my last copy, i usually have to do the copy button twice for it to actually copy

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone have issues with the copy function? Ill copy a link then paste it but its my last copy, i usually have to do the copy button twice for it to actually copy
Yes. This usually happens when I multitask between applications. Something is happening in the clipboard (or whatever the iOS equivalent is.

Try and clicking out to the home screen then into the other app and see if you get success (mixed for me).

Also when I go back to safari after this happens I sometimes get a white screen and have to force quit safari

EDIT: able to reproduce it consistently when I use copy from peek / 3D Touch. If I long touch and copy it seems to work usually. :/

asdad123

I'm having a pretty big problem with my Iphone 6S Plus. My microphone stopped working when I hold it up to my face (speaking on the phone).

It only works when i am speaking directly into the microphone while on speaker phone, and the other side can barely hear it at that point. When I hold it to my ear, they can not hear me at all.

On the other hand, Siri works perfectly fine when speaking away from a distance.

Any idea? It just happened out of nowhere.

neurosyphilis

Definitely not an STD, as I'm a pure.
I'm having a pretty big problem with my Iphone 6S Plus. My microphone stopped working when I hold it up to my face (speaking on the phone).

It only works when i am speaking directly into the microphone while on speaker phone, and the other side can barely hear it at that point. When I hold it to my ear, they can not hear me at all.

On the other hand, Siri works perfectly fine when speaking away from a distance.

Any idea? It just happened out of nowhere.

It could be just a bug. If it keeps doing it head to the Apple store and show them.

asdad123

It could be just a bug. If it keeps doing it head to the Apple store and show them.

It hasnt worked correctly for about 4 hours. I tried restoring the phone, but no luck. It works perfectly for sound for everything else including siri and video recording, but when I try to speak on the phone, nothing or just a broken up sound.

The earliest apple store appointment is for 6pm on saturday. It kind of sucks that I cant use my phone as a phone until then.

dubc35

Sorry, iPhone 5 question here, figured it's not thread worthy. My iPhone 5 is the only iPhone I've owned. Is there a point when one should stop updating iOS on it? Does it become unusable or slow down? I'd like it to last, and be usable, as long as possible. Thanks!

Lexxism

Sorry, iPhone 5 question here, figured it's not thread worthy. My iPhone 5 is the only iPhone I've owned. Is there a point when one should stop updating iOS on it? Does it become unusable or slow down? I'd like it to last, and be usable, as long as possible. Thanks!
My dad has the 4s with 9.1 ios on it and it was really smooth. Since you have 5s, I assume it will be good on your phone too.

Orkidea

Did they fix Touch ID being so fast when unlocking the phone or something?

I've noticed it acting slower than when I first got it and it was so fast I could barley see my lock screen.

Did they fix Touch ID being so fast when unlocking the phone or something?

I've noticed it acting slower than when I first got it and it was so fast I could barley see my lock screen.

That's your fingerprint wearing off overtime and the change in seasons. It happens naturally. They didn't "fix" anything.

Hi guys. New 6S owner. I noticed today on the bottom left corner of my LOCK screen (opposite to the faint, translucent camera icon) there was an Evo app (car rental service) an app I use very frequently, is this the new thing? ( I'm on 9.0.2) I was about to screen grab it to show you guys, when I turned off the screen and back on. It disappeared. Can someone explain this feature?

Also what's a good screen protector to buy on Amazon? (On the cheap) better question. Do I really need a screen protector? (I have a case)

EDIT: "Home" to "Lock" screen.

Number45

Hi guys. New 6S owner. I noticed today on the bottom left corner of my home screen (opposite to the faint, translucent camera icon) there was an Evo app (car rental service) an app I use very frequently, is this the new thing? ( I'm on 9.0.2) I was about to screen grab it to show you guys, when I turned off the screen and back on. It disappeared. Can someone explain this feature?
It's an app suggestion based on location.

ios9_settings_suggested_apps-100615774-medium.png

Image from here, in case it doesn't link.

jts

...hate me...
Yep. It learns also when you usually use apps, so for example if there’s an app you use everyday in the morning when you wake up (eg., I use one to check the newspapers front pages) it will suggest you that one at that time. These suggestions also show up on spotlight.

If you plug in your headphones, it will suggest you the music app or a podcast app or Netflix etc based on your habits. Same for when you connect a bluetooth device.

It’s pretty neat.

Gaaraz

Videos you record or videos you are viewing?
Thank you, both I guess - some videos I've recorded of my now passed away cat are quite dark and I'd like to brighten them a little if possible... also for future videos it'd be good to get the brightness up a little too :)

Red

Thank you, both I guess - some videos I've recorded of my now passed away cat are quite dark and I'd like to brighten them a little if possible... also for future videos it'd be good to get the brightness up a little too :)
Try Videoshop. Most other video editing apps probably allow this as well, but I don't think iMovie does.

Gaaraz

Try Videoshop. Most other video editing apps probably allow this as well, but I don't think iMovie does.
Thanks, I'll give that a try :) You're right that iMovie unfortunately doesn't support it, so will delete that now and try Videoshop when I have WiFi later.

Top Bottom