• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Ok, so who used the app to prefill carrier info?

I missed the boat before the store went down. :(

Worse, last year the app did not sell tmobile phones, only the web site. But the web site was down completely until 7am

Ugh
Yeah.... It might be the case this year too.

@TMobileHelp: @CraigMonday You will not be able to preorder online until after 6 am PT 9/12/15! So if you want to get it in tonight, calling will
@CraigMonday ...be the best thing to do! *JamieL 2/2

Thank you ALL for your help. This post did an exeptionally good job at outlining what this Next stuff is.

So if she wants to upgrade in 18-24 months, we should pick the corresponding Next plan.

Is there any discounts to be had by going straight through AT&T or is Apple the better route (given that it comes with Apple Care)?

So Apple's iPhone Upgrade Program seems to be totally divorced from anything the carriers are doing. With AT&T Next you're signing a contract with that carrier that yes you will pay the phone off in X number of months. With the iPhone Upgrade Program you're signing a contract with Apple that yes, you're going to pay the iPhone off in 24 months, or turn it in at 12 months. With Apple's plan, yes you get AppleCare, but you also aren't in a contract with your carrier, you're in one with Apple. If you buy the AT&T Next plan from AT&T or an Apple Store there is no difference, but the iPhone Upgrade Program is only available at an Apple Store

Honestly, there are still a lot of missing details about how the iPhone Upgrade Program works if you're already on a carrier contract, if you can make higher payments or pay off the phone at any time, etc. Hopefully all that gets cleared up by like... tomorrow. Since preorders start tomorrow.

I think I'll finally be leaving Verizon and going to PagePlus.

Gonna buy a full price 64GB 6S and get a 1gig plan on PagePlus for $30 a month with unlimited text/voice.

Can anyone tell me the monthly price with tax for a 1 gig shared plan for two lines on Verizon(with 2 64GB 6S')?
I don't think the online quote is adding tax and including a 22% corporate discount. I get $132 a month for two lines which actually only comes out to $200 bucks more than PagePlus for two years, and I get higher priority for data or whatever they claim if I stay with Verizon.

Shenmue

Banned
Damn I want to preorder so bad with T-mobile tonight because of that extra $125-$150 discount they are giving on the 6s and 6s+.

Only thing holding me back is the uncertainty about 2gb ram. There have been sources in the last 24 hours that have stated both 1gb ram and 2gb ram.

Anyone know if I would be able to cancel my preorder with T-mobile if it's not 2gb?

Guess Who

Banned
It would be truly mindblowing for the 6S and 6S+ to only have 1GB of RAM when literally every other product they announced on Wednesday has at least 2.

It would be truly mindblowing for the 6S and 6S+ to only have 1GB of RAM when literally every other product they announced on Wednesday has at least 2.

It would also be mind blowing if the 6s only had 16gb of storage as entry level when literally every other flagship phone on the market is 32gb.

Wait...

antispin

I'm not too worried about the RAM: Pretty much every spec and detail on the iPhone 6s/+ was leaked accurately, I am sure the 2GB also holds true. Plus you folks will get it first :p I need impressions on 3D Touch and that camera though. I hope the reviews aren't post 25th. Would they be that late?

Rootbeer

Banned
i'm thinking about holding off a week or two for more impressions to roll in. I haven't bought an Apple phone in a few years, do they still have lots of stock issue problems in the USA? Wonder if I can just walk into an Apple store and get one in 14ish days (after launch)? Stock problems are less of an issue for the S phones, right?

VoxPop

i'm thinking about holding off a week or two for more impressions to roll in. I haven't bought an Apple phone in a few years, do they still have lots of stock issue problems in the USA? Wonder if I can just walk into an Apple store and get one in 14ish days (after launch)? Stock problems are less of an issue for the S phones, right?

They will still most likely be sold out for at least a month if you miss out on launch day. It's better off getting it today and returning it within the return window.

Tendo

If I want a verizon phone where is the best place to pre order? Apple directly? Best Buy? Verizon? I want my phone ASAP but I also get free financing through best buy if I wanted to.

I've never bought a phone outright at launch before.

Rootbeer

Banned
They will still most likely be sold out for at least a month if you miss out on launch day. It's better off getting it today and returning it within the return window.

ugh it's just such a complicated situation, because I want one I can use on my existing prepaid T-Mobile plan and without creating a new contract with a carrier of ANY sort. I' m reading that I can buy a full price iPhone 6S+ through apple and if I buy the T-Mobile version it should be fine, but I'm not sure if that process will work tonight or not... still doing last minute research and stuff.

If I can't do it this way then I need time to consider other options.

MRSA

Banned
ugh it's just such a complicated situation, because I want one I can use on my existing prepaid T-Mobile plan and without creating a new contract with a carrier of ANY sort. I' m reading that I can buy a full price iPhone 6S+ through apple and if I buy the T-Mobile version it should be fine, but I'm not sure if that process will work tonight or not... still doing last minute research and stuff.

I bought a T-Mobile iPhone 6 last year at launch and used it on my AT&T account at the time. The T-Mobile versions from Apple are unlocked, the ones from T-Mobile are not.

Rootbeer

Banned
I bought a T-Mobile iPhone 6 last year at launch and used it on my AT&T account at the time. The T-Mobile versions from Apple are unlocked, the ones from T-Mobile are not.

Thanks... this goes with what I have been reading... I hope it will let me buy one tonight.

My nexus 5 battery life and lack of other features like a fingerprint scanner is unbearable! (half joking)

You'll be fine. There is an option to buy a full price T-Mobile 6S/6S+ from the Apple online store. The bonus is that it will also be unlocked, though Apple doesn't tell you that.

VoxPop

Yeah they will be selling a full priced T-Mobile version as they usually do. I bought a 6 last year for full price via the T-Mobile option and it worked perfectly fine when I popped in the T-Mobile SIM. Just make sure you have a nano-SIM

So the other day I was kind of goofing with that early setup so my SSN, number, and zip code were entered but I couldn't do much else after other than select the phone I wanted, which I didn't because I couldn't decide then. Was there any other step I might have missed or should I be good to go?

Rootbeer

Banned
i don't have a nano-sim actually but I did order a nano sim kit that should be here long before my phone. I think I can just call t-mobile and have them switch me to the other sim? hmm. or I could just start a new prepaid account if I really had to. no biggie to me.

so there won't be a way to do the apple payment plan (pay every month or whatever) without having to get a carrier plan alongside it? that sure would be nice...

Shenmue

Banned
Damn I just calculated I'll only be paying $759 when it's all said and done for the 6s+ 128gb with Tmobile. I can sell my current 6+ for not too much less than that. Upgrading for sure.

How the hell are they offering almost $200 less than Apple's MSRP at launch?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Damn I just calculated I'll only be paying $759 when it's all said and done for the 6s+ 128gb with Tmobile. I can sell my current 6+ for not too much less than that. Upgrading for sure.

Because T-Mobile has awesome leadership. They seem to care about the customers and disrupting the market.

Ninja Dom

I'm not too worried about the RAM: Pretty much every spec and detail on the iPhone 6s/+ was leaked accurately, I am sure the 2GB also holds true. Plus you folks will get it first :p I need impressions on 3D Touch and that camera though. I hope the reviews aren't post 25th. Would they be that late?

Yup that's right. Every leak has been accurate so far. I made a rumour thread back in May 2015. Everything has come true so far:

Rose Gold, 12mp camera, Force Touch (3D Touch)

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=1044913

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

They are aggressively going after new customers.

Guess Who

Banned
Dunno about the iPad Mini 4. They gimped out on putting the A8X in there.

It supports split-screen multitasking, and the new Apple TV has a regular A8 but with 2GB of RAM, so I'm betting that's the same chip as in the new mini.

I'm thinking the A8X isn't in due to battery life/thermal constraints.

So the Apple store only had options of buying from the 4 major carriers but there was no unlocked option. I am on att right now, does it matter? Thought they are all unlocked.

So the Apple store only had options of buying from the 4 major carriers but there was no unlocked option. I am on att right now, does it matter? Thought they are all unlocked.

If you buy from Apple's new iPhone Upgrade Program, they are unlocked. As in, not tied to a carrier on the carrier's end. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Sprint will all unlock your phone if you ask and fulfill their requirements (usually not being on a contract). Verizon doesn't lock their phones anymore.

Hardware-wise, an AT&T 6S will work on AT&T and T-Mobile, a 6S from any of the other three carriers will work on any carrier

T-Mobile needs to get their online shit together. Your site shouldn't be saying call a number to pre order at midnight in this day and age.

hp-mq-apple-iphone-pre-order-learn-more-mobile-now-to-12am.jpg

what the f*ck apple? I just want an unlocked phone to swap my ATT sim into and you go and screw it up.

dammit.

A) Apple has never sold factory unlocked SIM-free phones at launch, always a couple months after
B) If you do the iPhone Upgrade Program at an Apple Store, it'll go through your AT&T activation and be unlocked
C) If you buy an AT&T phone outright from anywhere, you can ask AT&T to unlock it since you won't be in a contract

Shenmue

Banned

Works out awesome for a long time T-Mobile customer like me too!

Paying $1000 for my old 6+, then only recouping about $600 when I sell it, and then shelling out another $1000 for the new 6s+ sounded SUPER bad.

Only having to pay $759 after recouping $600 doesn't sound bad at all!

Namikaze

I think I'm just gonna wait until my birthday early next year to upgrade. I want to know for sure that the 6S+ has 2GB ram and excellent battery life (at least a decent amount better than my iP6).

Hopefully T-mobile will still be paying off ETFs next year, too. I've been considering switching for the longest time since Verizon is pretty expensive.

So I just called Apple, and the rep said that being on a current device payment plan through a carrier (like AT&T Next) shouldn't impede being able to sign up for the iPhone Upgrade Program

jaydogg691

Man, took a nap hoping to that iPhone preorders will be up now and now I have to wait till 12am PST.

Rose Gold 6S Plus here I come.

Top Bottom