• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

That sounds pretty standard in how the carriers are structuring their "leases"

The only carrier that does an actual lease is Sprint. With the other carriers, once you pay off one device payment, I don't believe you are obligated to do another device payment with the next phone

Meh, you could just pay off the installment plan on the next one. Probably wouldn't be much of a premium over buying outright.

True. There's no way they wouldn't allow for early payments, right?

Juice

The only carrier that does an actual lease is Sprint. With the other carriers, once you pay off one device payment, I don't believe you are obligated to do another device payment with the next phone

True. There's no way they wouldn't allow for early payments, right?

I believe Dodd Frank really tightened regulations against contracts that punish it.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It says in the terms you can early upgrade after 6 months if you pay the equivalent of 12 installments.
Buying out the contract early is doable.

It says in the terms you can early upgrade after 6 months if you pay the equivalent of 12 installments.
Buying out the contract early is doable.

Cool, so that's the way off this ride. Enter into a new agreement with a phone, then immediately (or as soon as you can) buy it out

So my question with it is what are the taxes...is it the $650/$750/$850 + $129 for apple care due on the first payment? If so thats going to be a decently large bill

So my question with it is what are the taxes...is it the $650/$750/$850 + $129 for apple care due on the first payment? If so thats going to be a decently large bill

Seems like what you pay in store is the first payment and the tax on the total cost

So for me, out the door my bill would be $113.80

Nasser

Holy shit! I really can't decide which color to get! the rose gold color looks great but I feel like I will hate it once I use the phone for a few days......

aparisi2274

So, if you go with the Apple Upgrade program, is it a separate monthly charge? Or do they bundle it all in with your phone bill?

Also, I am curious how the monthly payments work and the monthly payments... Does Apple just charge your CC every month? Or do you need to go to a site and submit a payment, like you would do with any credit card that needs to be paid off?

Karram

So is there a way I can pre-order the iPhone and pay at store when picking it up instead of using a credit card online? I would like to use the Discover's 10% off promotion when using apple pay, but it only works in store.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
So, if you go with the Apple Upgrade program, is it a separate monthly charge? Or do they bundle it all in with your phone bill?

Also, I am curious how the monthly payments work and the monthly payments... Does Apple just charge your CC every month? Or do you need to go to a site and submit a payment, like you would do with any credit card that needs to be paid off?

It's a separate loan with Apple's bank. So a different monthly bill.

Separate charge on a credit card. You also have to be approved through a credit check

Juice

It'd have to be separate to the bank Apple is partnering with. Apple is undercutting the carriers here. They're not going to aid and abet it.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Wow, I just noticed that there's the "S" on the back of the 6s/6s+...this is the first time the S branding makes itself known on the iPhone right?

Akira

The Apple Upgrade Program is not related to your carrier at all. It is essentially an interest free 24 month loan from a bank/financer that Apple is partnering with. It is also a way for Apple to guarantee a sale for their Apple Care+ insurance program. You will probably pay monthly through the loan bank.

aparisi2274

From what I understand, it's an automatic monthly charge to a card

Oh ok.... because I hear people saying that can pay it off faster, so I thought it was a site you would go to and pay each month.

I think I am going to just use this Upgrade Program, since I really do not want to deal with AT&T any longer.

Akira

Oh ok.... because I hear people saying that can pay it off faster, so I thought it was a site you would go to and pay each month.

I think I am going to just use this Upgrade Program, since I really do not want to deal with AT&T any longer.

I also hope you realize that the Apple Upgrade Program is only available in-store, meaning you can't preorder the iPhone when the Apple online store re-opens in 9 minutes.

I also hope you realize that the Apple Upgrade Program is only available in-store, meaning you can't preorder the iPhone when the Apple online store re-opens in 9 minutes.

You can however RESERVE a time-frame in store to sign up when the store re-opens in 9 minutes

aparisi2274

Well I can always preorder it now with ATT Next and tomorrow if I can get the phone I want with the iPhone upgrade program, I will cancel my preorder...

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
T-Mobile customer service is saying something about them not accepting orders till 6:00AM PST?

Probably a ruse to get people to not call so early.
On the bright side there wasn't a wait to get through.

Juice

T-Mobile customer service is saying something about them not accepting orders till 6:00AM PST?

Nope, that's exactly what they did last year. Their site didn't go live until 7:30 or 8am last year (eastern time). Apple's had only gone up around 6am eastern after 3 hours of being down.

aparisi2274

You can however RESERVE a time-frame in store to sign up when the store re-opens in 9 minutes

That reservation, does it also allow you to pick the phone you want? it would be weird to just reserve a time for the upgrade program and then not be able to get the phone you want...

I called and they said I could join the jump on demand program on the phone at 1201 and order the phone. She even offered to give me a call back later. Are you keeping your rep on the phone on hold until after 1201?

Juice

Twitter people are reporting that att.com is letting folks preorder right now, but the site is a big splash page for most people.

Nasser

giphy.gif

Apple.com

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So I went to the AT&T site and it let me in and I preordered two phones on 2 year contract from AT&T. I was like WHY. Then I realized I'm a premier customer on employee sponsorship plan. Waltzed right through. Two Apple 6Ses. Yay.

Top Bottom