• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

aparisi2274

So, are the people who are reserving it for in store pick up, like myself, is that what we need to do to go with the iPhone Upgrade program? I assume it is, but not sure...

ok, the app wants to check if i am eligible to upgrade from verizon - but I am choosing 'pay in full'. Should I just go with T-mobile? (as mentioned above, I use it mostly with a foreign sim, and temporary sims in the US)

So, are the people who are reserving it for in store pick up, like myself, is that what we need to do to go with the iPhone Upgrade program? I assume it is, but not sure...

Yes

But Apple won't text me back, and they better not have run out of my phone :( I tried to do another reservation on a different device and I think they did..

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
Holy shit do y'all see this $40 one time upgrade fee Verizon's pushing on two year customers?

Yeah I preordered 2 6Ses through the Verizon site and it says my monthly bill will be $37 more than it has been the last year. Not sure what's up with that. I'm going to call them over the weekend to see what's going on.

Apple Pay refused to accept my shipping address (big red exclamation mark) without giving any indication what was wrong with it. I tried my home address, billing, work... So ended up manually entering everything on the 'pay another way' option. Worked first time. Stupid.

Anno

AT&T site reloaded at 3:02 or something, in and out for a 16gb silver in five minutes. Least painful iPhone preorder ever.

Finally got it to go through. I think it was actually my fault--I had to check "Agree to T&C" but I couldn't see it on my phone. Worked fine once I switched to a computer lol.

nikos

I've done both and thinking of cancelling my delivery.

Just don't want to go to the store and they tell me they don't have any.

Can't seem to get a reservation. Every time I enter my Apple ID, it brings me back to the login page.

dc3k

Just moved to the US a few weeks ago. Can I not buy one of these things without having to choose a carrier? What the fuck?

Got the 6s plus space grey.

Was tempted to switch colours as I already have the six plus in space grey. But the deal breaker for me is the 2gb RAM, if true.

Sean

Banned
Reserved my 64GB Space Gray 6S via the iPad app.

The iPhone Upgrade Program is a tiny link at the very top right of the app and it launches Safari rather than being done in app. You sign in with your Apple ID and select a nearby Apple store, preferred model, and time window (mine is September 25th at 8 AM) and that's pretty much it. All the payment and stuff happens in the store.

Went a lot smoother than I expected.

Rootbeer

Banned
No confirmation e-mail yet. I'm assuming this is normal :p

Man I was so on the fence about getting one tonight... but I caved... really looking forward to using something fast for a change.

Goofing with the Apple Store app. Interesting that the Verizon choice of payment doesn't include the monthly installment. Just in full or grandfathered two year contract.

Tendo

Having trouble using my account. Can I buy the phone through someone elses verizon account at full price and just activate it on my own when it gets here?

Namikaze

I decided to reserve a 64GB Gold Plus for in store pick up just in case, lol. I might not even go to the appointment but at least I have a chance to pick one up on launch day. I could just wait for the iP7 or something (even though I hate the normal 6) but ehh.

aparisi2274

Did you have to go through this whole texting nonsense?

Nope. I am in NYC, and I just picked my phone, my size, my carrier and did "reserve for in store pick up" and then I had to sign in with my Apple account, confirm my info, and that was it. I got an e-mail saying I was all confirmed.

subrock

I'm amazed that anyone in Canada is getting through on the Apple Store. Been refreshing that shit since before midnight and still nothing.

Looks like I'm in the 9/25-9/29 window with my order through the app though

Top Bottom