• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

burgerdog

Got in but I got a fraud prevention on my credit card, they better have not screwed me over. Currently waiting in line to tell them to let this charge go through.

Nope. I am in NYC, and I just picked my phone, my size, my carrier and did "reserve for in store pick up" and then I had to sign in with my Apple account, confirm my info, and that was it. I got an e-mail saying I was all confirmed.

This is what I keep getting. This is bullshit

cnd1v78.png

No response so far

big_z

6S space grey 64GB ordered through the app. says delivery is launch day so im okay with that.

no idea if ill keep it or not. will wait on reviews and proof of 2GB. I figure best to get it ordered and not get stuck waiting for more stock. worst case scenario is doing a quick return or flipping for a profit, not exactly a huge issue.

I'm amazed that anyone in Canada is getting through on the Apple Store. Been refreshing that shit since before midnight and still nothing.

Looks like I'm in the 9/25-9/29 window with my order through the app though

ya the Canada store is dead. I wanted air miles but by the time the store works everything will be backordered.

jaydogg691

Would love to buy through the Apple Store app, but it doesn't give any of T-Mobile's awesome upgrade options.

Stupid T-Mobile making us make a phone call to order the phone. Been on hold for 20 mins now and will probably give it another 10 mins or until I finish my beer. And while I'm waiting I'm still deciding whether to get the 6S or Plus.

Arlen777

Just ordered through app 6s+ 128gb
If you have trouble go through app, if you still cant get through, just keep killing the app in task manager and keep reopening it

gimmmick

Holy shit do y'all see this $40 one time upgrade fee Verizon's pushing on two year customers?

Was 36 bucks two years ago.

Talked to the peeps at my local verizon store. Going to do what I did 2 years ago with my iphone 5s and just pay in person. I wanna be able to use my phone on the day of release since I work swing shift.

Got my 6S 128GB Space Gray full price on Sprint (unlocked) with AppleCare+ and delivers on the 25th.

Used the Apple Store app on the iPad and it went through in a few minutes. Honestly this was really easy and no issues on my end.

Rootbeer

Banned
Got AppleCare for the phone in spite of being like 99% careful with my devices (even going caseless).

i have never bought apple care... never dropped a phone or damaged it in 6+ years of using smartphones (yeah, I guess I'm a newb by some standards :p)

But since you have a bit of time to decide to add it on... if I find that the Plus is gonna be harder for me to keep my hands on I might add it.
Got my 6S 128GB Space Gray full price on Sprint (unlocked) with AppleCare+ and delivers on the 25th.
Same except Unlocked Tmobile and didn't opt for AppleCare+ (yet)! Now I gotta manage to get some sleep

Kintaco

Waiting 28 mins on phone for Tmo. :/ First call said that I called after hours, then I called back apparently after every other Tmo customer.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Still on hold its T-mobile. I'm fearing I got the wrong phone # but I'm afraid to hang up

It is just the Tmobile number.

There is a reddit post claiming you get a free memory upgrade from what you currently have if you have JOD and you ask for a memory upgrade. Some claim it worked, some claim it didn't. Seems worth a try once you get through.

dc3k

Just moved to the US a few weeks ago. Can I not buy one of these things without having to choose a carrier? What the fuck?

Okay, I just reserved in-store using the link above. But I still had to select a carrier, and I have to show up with two pieces of ID? To buy a phone?

Is this a joke?

nikos

Is anyone else unable to make an in-store reservation? Keeps asking me to log in after I do, endless loop.

I doubt it's because I already ordered one for shipping.

EDIT: Reserve service unavailable now.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Woke up 20 minutes late...Woops. Still got a release day delivery on the 64 gig rose gold 6S. I just decided to buy the phone in full on AT&T. We can sell my wife's 5S for a few hundred (I hope) and recoup some of the cost. It was just easier this way.

TheZink

Is anyone else unable to make an in-store reservation? Keeps asking me to log in after I do, endless loop.

I couldn't. I ended up doing Att next.

Arlen777

I had exactly same thing so i just hit reset password link, reseted password and only then it let me reserve for in-store pick-up

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
It is just the Tmobile number.

There is a reddit post claiming you get a free memory upgrade from what you currently have if you have JOD and you ask for a memory upgrade. Some claim it worked, some claim it didn't. Seems worth a try once you get through.

I tried the free memory upgrade. Didn't work so I am paying the $99 on both of the phones I pre-ordered to bump them up to 64gb.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Got two confirmations on Apple's app. Yes.

Unfortunately, only received email confirmation for the second order. That said, I'm not too worried - I'm sure their servers are just getting slammed.

That officially locks me down as:

iPhone 8GB -> iPhone 3GS 16GB -> iPhone 4S 16GB -> iPhone 5 16GB -> iPhone 5S 16GB -> iPhone 6 Plus 64GB -> iPhone 6s Plus 64GB

So I urge anyone with Sprint to call Telesales. That's how I did my preorder and it went so damn smooth! The customer service rep, Jessica, was super nice and knowledgeable. Got my 128GB Gold 6S Plus preordered and it should arrive on 9/25! :D

kdoll08

I ordered the 64gb Silver on Best Buys website. Their site took about 20 minutes to start loading but this way I can pick it up from the store by my house that I like and I know the people. Need to get those dollars towards my Elite status for the year also.

Symphonic

My Verizon account keeps telling me I have a 907 area code that makes me ineligible for the $299 2-year contract upgrade. Any ideas? Is the upgrade only for a new contract?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I ordered the 64gb Silver on Best Buys website. Their site took about 20 minutes to start loading but this way I can pick it up from the store by my house that I like and I know the people. Need to get those dollars towards my Elite status for the year also.

Oh I'm dumb. I should just get mine from BB as well.

rhino4evr

so after trying for over 30 mins to get my correct data plan on ATT, using firefox and getting errors. I went on Safari and it worked without any issue.

Tendo

For work reasons my wife and I are on two different lines. It wouldn't let me order from my account but I could from hers.

When the phone gets here I should just be able to open it and activate it on the other line, correct?

nahlakhai

I was able to reserve 2 for in store, but I didn't do it through the Iphone Upgrade link. I'm at max reservations now and there's no way to cancel and re-do the order through the upgrade program link. Think it matters?

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Wait a minute.
The full retail prices are all $50 more at Best Buy.
699, 799, and 899 respectively.

I was able to reserve 2 for in store, but I didn't do it through the Iphone Upgrade link. I'm at max reservations now and there's no way to cancel and re-do the order through the upgrade program link. Think it matters?

I doubt it.

Top Bottom