• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

xsarien

daedsiluap
thats true...but you couldn't do the 2-year agreement option on Apple. Only the ATT NEXT option. Which I have no interest in.

The only way to pay the reduced price of $299 was to go through ATT direct.

That seems bizarre. I did everything you wanted to do through Apple. I kept my current plan, and "signed" a new 2-year agreement (I'm happy with their service in every US city I visit, I'm not ditching them).

Why not cut your losses, pay in full right now so you have one?

Two days after launch go in with it still sealed and say you want to return it and iPhone upgrade plan it. They probably could do it

Now, I think I'm gonna go with this idea as well. Can I do this at a T-mobile store or do I have to go to an Apple store? Do you think I can enroll for JUMP on demand and switch from my Sprint account at that time as well? (I need them to reimburse me out of my current contract there, it's complicated so I think it'll be best done in person).

rhino4evr

That seems bizarre. I did everything you wanted to do through Apple. I kept my current plan, and "signed" a new 2-year agreement (I'm happy with their service in every US city I visit, I'm not ditching them).

Really, it doesn't give me that option through ATT when I try to check out. the only opton is ATT Next payment plans.

You are referring to ATT right?

Nasser

The fact that I have to have a SSN to get the phone through any carrier (besides T-Mobile) blows. I'm annoyed & have to pay the full price upfront in order to get the phone (unlocked). I have a T-mobile card and the coverage is really bad in my area...

xsarien

daedsiluap
Really, it doesn't give me that option through ATT when I try to check out. the only opton is ATT Next payment plans.

Verizon. I went through the app, though. There shouldn't be any difference in available options between that and the site, though. That's just basic e-commerce 101.

Juice

Now, I think I'm gonna go with this idea as well. Can I do this at a T-mobile store or do I have to go to an Apple store? Do you think I can enroll for JUMP on demand and switch from my Sprint account at that time as well? (I need them to reimburse me out of my current contract there, it's complicated so I think it'll be best done in person).

Call T-Mobile now. ETF buyouts require you trade in a phone to them and buy a phone from them

Meh3D

Haven't received the confirmation email however if I try to put in another order it tells me if can't have two iPhone orders until I receive the first phone. Guess that's a confirmation. I'll wait until I know the phone is shipping to buy accessories.

Verizon. I went through the app, though. There shouldn't be any difference in available options between that and the site, though. That's just basic e-commerce 101.

Actually, it is different between Verizon and AT&T

Verizon won't let new people sign up with a 2 year contract, only people with existing accounts. AT&T will let people get 2 year contracts but ONLY from their website. No way to do it through Apple

Call T-Mobile now. ETF buyouts require you trade in a phone to them and buy a phone from them

OK. I will have to try calling them, thank you.
They weren't too helpful earlier today though, I may have to visit a T-mobile store in the morning like some others here.

xsarien

daedsiluap
Actually, it is different between Verizon and AT&T

Verizon won't let new people sign up with a 2 year contract, only people with existing accounts. AT&T will let people get 2 year contracts but ONLY from their website. No way to do it through Apple

Really?

Jesus. Welp, I guess I have another reason to be happy I ditched those jackasses 5 years ago.

Just called T-Mobile, went very pain free... The CSR was really nice and chipper for it to be 4AM haha

Got my gold 64GB 6S pre-ordered, I'll get it on release date, and I can send back my 64GB 6 when I get my 6S

Now it's just the wait time for the e-mail

rhino4evr

this is why ATT sucks. You can only purchase the subsidized 2 year contract option direct through their website.

If you purchase it through Apple store, ATT NEXT, which is basically the monthly upgrade option. Is the only way to go.

I don't change phones often. I'd much rather spend $300 now for the life of my phone, then $37 a month...which equals more in the first year alone.

anyway...yeah ATT sucks. The site crashed like 5000 times as well. For awhle it wouldn't let me keep my data plan either, but eventually it just "showed up".

Oh well, I have to wait a few weeks more then everyone else so be it.

Arlen777

iPadMini-Press-02-970-80.jpg

But but......i cant make a call from it..... :(

How? All I'm getting is the "doors are opening" page

I don't know, but I logged on at like 2:55 to make sure my address and stuff was correct, and it let me go through the process. Didn't finish (twss), but it seemed to be live.

Got the 6s plus space grey.

Was tempted to switch colours as I already have the six plus in space grey. But the deal breaker for me is the 2gb RAM, if true.

Space Gray is the only model that has 2gb RAM? Preorder cancelled.

I give up on the upgrade plan, will try again when i wake up.

Do what I did. Buy it full price, have it deliver on 9/25, then take it to an Apple Store with the intent to return it and repurchase it with the plan

Shoutout to Juice for the hot tip

Rose Gold iPhone muthafuckaaaaaas!

ahem.

It's the 64GB 6s via T-Mobile. Proud to be a part of this pink hardware revolution.

The second they announced Rose Gold I knew people were going to go fucking nuts over it

Got a 6 last year but it bent through the course of the year and Apple gave me a new one on Thursday so I'll be able to re-sell it as a practically new phone, and with the camera upgrades and the live photos feature, I took the plunge and went for the 6s. Hopefully I'll be able to sell my 6 at a decent price and not take too much of a hit. Excited though, first time I've ever pre-ordered an iPhone day 1!

Mortemis

Banned
Got my call cut off twice, but finally got through and pre-ordered the iPhone 6S+ 64GB Space Grey.

Now to try and forget about everything so I'm not one of those paranoid people tracking flights for my phone. >_>

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
So is my paid for in full 6S+ bought on apple.com via T-Mobile a legit unlocked phone? I hope I can pop in an international sim card and go.

Rootbeer

Banned
So is my paid for in full 6S+ bought on apple.com via T-Mobile a legit unlocked phone? I hope I can pop in an international sim card and go.

this is the word on the street... i'm betting on the same thing. main caveat is you can't use the new band 30 on AT&T but that's unlikely to matter much especially in the first year. And if you don't use AT&T at all then it means nothing.

Can only ship to my billing address and not the ship address I have on file. This sucks

The tmobile one I just ordered let me whip to any address, I really hate att

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
Yup, and apparently it will work with Verizon and Sprint as well unlike the ATT version
Sweet.

I ordered right away but haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. Huh.

Should be. Because they didn't make you activate with T-Mobile during checkout, there's no account for it to be locked to. It'll ship with a T-Mobile SIM, but just pop that out and pop in the SIM of your choice

Yup, and apparently it will work with Verizon and Sprint as well unlike the ATT version

I would check the model number when it arrives. T-Mobile says their phone is the GSM/CDMA one, but during checkout on Apple's site it just said GSM

I don't doubt T-Mobile is lying, but it'll be nice to make sure.

Sweet.

I ordered right away but haven't gotten a confirmation email yet. Huh.

If you tied an Apple ID to it, it'll be on your orders page

Rootbeer

Banned
Should be. Because they didn't make you activate with T-Mobile during checkout, there's no account for it to be locked to. It'll ship with a T-Mobile SIM, but just pop that out and pop in the SIM of your choice

I would check the model number when it arrives. T-Mobile says their phone is the GSM/CDMA one, but during checkout on Apple's site it just said GSM

I don't doubt T-Mobile is lying, but it'll be nice to make sure.

If you tied an Apple ID to it, it'll be on your orders page
Oh it will come with a T-Mobile nano sim? Well I guess I didn't need to order that $0.99 nanosim kit!

Bloodrage

Banned
I still have a 4S... not as my daily driver, but I use it as my alarm clock... hah. It will be like night and day, no question.
Reduced to a mere alarm clock. How the mighty have fallen.

Damn that will be a HUGE upgrade for you, because i went from 5 to 6 to 6plus and now to 6s plus
Would be cool if they would have 6s Plus plus, would totally buy that
Hah yeah. Plus it's a 16GB model, made worse by the fact that actually, there are really only 13-12 gigs available. I used cases up until about a year ago but I do have to say that it's the best built phone I've ever owned. It's been everywhere with me since 2011, and it was my first iPhone. I did nearly broke down each time a new model came out, but every time, they stayed sold out long enough to make me say fuck it and wait for the next. Years later, I'm still seeing way too many people complain about reloading pages. Some things just haven't changed at all. Now's that I'm finally beginning to see some incompatible games pop up in the AppStore.

Should be a good upgrade. Here's hoping for 2GB RAM.

Okay, I just reserved in-store using the link above. But I still had to select a carrier, and I have to show up with two pieces of ID? To buy a phone?

Is this a joke?

From where? You usually need your license and your credit card to confirm purchases at many U.S. retailers.

Woke up 20 minutes late...Woops. Still got a release day delivery on the 64 gig rose gold 6S. I just decided to buy the phone in full on AT&T. We can sell my wife's 5S for a few hundred (I hope) and recoup some of the cost. It was just easier this way.

What? Every option I saw was Oct 16-21, no matter the color or size or payment plan. And I ordered before you too!

I ordered the 64gb Silver on Best Buys website. Their site took about 20 minutes to start loading but this way I can pick it up from the store by my house that I like and I know the people. Need to get those dollars towards my Elite status for the year also.

Did you have an option to buy a 2-year contract? I'm hoping not because I'll be really annoyed as I wanted to get it from Best Buy for the same reason but read that you can only do 2-year contracts through AT&T's site now.

I'm hoping those ATT dates are wrong. Why would it sell out that quick?

Not much I can do, I was able to sign a 2 year contract and keep my unlimited data. So going through the website direct was my only choice.

Same.

what's weird is that the delayed shipping date is for all models of the 6S Plus only. the 6S shows day 1 delivery. I'm hoping it's a mistake.

That's how it was last year.

Rhino asked, but I'll ask too: The date was an error or the phone actually came that late?

No chance in hell thats accurate

Lol I was making fun of his wording of the sentence, it reads like that's his reason for sticking with Space Gray.

Shun

Fuck yes, ended up with a Rose Gold 6S+ 64GB from Verizon.

I usually order from Apple but their site was fucking up so hard tonight...

Apparently the 6S(+) is more durable with a stronger glass finish so no bendgate or easy scratches?

I'm thinking of picking these cases and accessories up but I was hoping anyone else would have suggestions?

I prefer a bumper like below or an extremely thin clear case. I'd like to go caseless but the 6S+ is much bigger than the 5S and any phone I had before it. Might go for the Glass Screen protector too.

http://www.tunewear.com/en/iphone-6s-plus/361-frame-x-frame-for-iphone-6s-plus-6-plus.html
http://www.tunewear.com/en/iphone-6s-plus/366-tuneglazz-for-iphone-6s-plus-6-plus.html

Fuck yes, ended up with a Rose Gold 6S+ 64GB from Verizon.

I usually order from Apple but their site was fucking up so hard tonight...

Apparently the 6S(+) is more durable with a stronger glass finish so no bendgate or easy scratches?

I'm thinking of picking these cases and accessories up but I was hoping anyone else would have suggestions?

I prefer a bumper like below or an extremely thin clear case. I'd like to go caseless but the 6S+ is much bigger than the 5S and any phone I had before it. Might go for the Glass Screen protector too.

http://www.tunewear.com/en/iphone-6s-plus/361-frame-x-frame-for-iphone-6s-plus-6-plus.html
http://www.tunewear.com/en/iphone-6s-plus/366-tuneglazz-for-iphone-6s-plus-6-plus.html

A case/bumper has never made sense to me on a phone like this. Part of the appeal is having something thin and light, and a case/bumper destroys that. That said, that bumper is nice. I wouldn't get the screen protector though, it seems unnecessary when combined with the bumper.

big_z

It was far easier to order from Apple UK this year than it was last year. Last year took an age for the site and the app to load.

looking around it seems like preorder threads are a lot smaller than last year. either apple has stocked up, which makes sense since they've had a year making the current form factor, or demand is down.

looking around it seems like preorder threads are a lot smaller than last year. either apple has stocked up, which makes sense since they've had a year making the current form factor, or demand is down.

Has there been a year where an iPhone model didn't sell as much as the previous one? I know theoretically it's gotta hit saturation eventually, but I was under the impression that each generation just keeps going up

SeanR1221

Was able to get silver in the size option I wanted at my local store. Definitely not my first choice and I haven't had a white face since the 3GS. Hope I don't regret it :/

xsarien

daedsiluap

S years always struck me as a little softer on demand. People tend to write it off as a "minor" update, however untrue it may be.

Fine by me, though. I've been on the S update cycle since I bought the 3GS. I get, essentially, the same great phone everyone else has, except with all the crap Apple didn't have time to fix the first time around. :)

WSJ claimed Apple planned to make up to 90-100 million phones this year.

Top Bottom