• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

gruenel

What cases are we all buying? I'm undecided!

I'm getting the Apple silicone case. Most of the 3rd party cases just look so tacky...

I watched a YT video and the iPhone 6 survived a ten foot drop in that thing without any scratches, looks like it's good protection.

MKXJ2_AV1_SILVER
MKXQ2_AV1_SILVER

Reckoner

Naked just like my 6.

Antenna lines and slippery back thou

I'm getting the Apple silicone case. Most of the 3rd party cases just look so tacky...

I watched a YT video and the iPhone 6 survived a ten foot drop in that thing without any scratches, looks like it's good protection.

I'm getting a silicone case too. I like the rubber-y feel. Undecided if I will order Black or Turquoise.

Lexxism

Have if you try the silicone in person? How is it when you feel it?

Getting through to EE to order one this morning was a bit of a pain. The website was slow as fuck, so I ended up waiting 20 minutes on the phone instead. Got there in the end though.

I ordered a little past midnight through T-Mobile. Wait wasn't too bad, 10 minutes or so and I got exactly what I wanted: 128GB Space Gray 6S+ should get it by launch day.

Coming from a 6 I didn't want to upgrade but this S cycle update is probably the best one yet. And I wanted to try the 3D Touch interface.

I have a couple of small dents near the bottom speakers on my 6, hopefully I can fetch at least $400-500 for it.

Ninja Dom

Cant rock the naked look the back scratches far too easily on these things

With my 6 I use a pouch case that I opened and used the iPhone naked in my hands. Plus this time around I've ordered Gold so I don't want that nice colour hidden behind a case.

Clipse

Glad I didn't stay up until 3am. Got a 64GB 6s Plus in silver pre-ordered for my dad. Verizon is also giving me $200 trade-in for his 16GB 5c as well!

RDreamer

So I stayed up till 3am to order the phone and they're still readily available.

What am I doing with my life...

Readily available what? I stayed up and ordered on the minute they launched and it says I won't get my phone until October 16-23. What the fuck gives, AT&T?

I don't get how some are still getting launch day now. I'm so pissed.

Was anyone with an unlimited plan able to upgrade via the AT&T website?

I tried and failed numerous times today.

When prompted to call AT&T they advised me that the only way I could get the phone was to go through AT&T Next and I hung up at that point because she was trying to sell me into changing the plan and give up my unlimited.

What a shitty ass company.

I was able to continue my unlimited and do a new 2 yr contract when I ordered last night.

dork

Banned
Readily available what? I stayed up and ordered on the minute they launched and it says I won't get my phone until October 16-23. What the fuck gives, AT&T?

I don't get how some are still getting launch day now. I'm so pissed.

I was able to continue my unlimited and do a new 2 yr contract when I ordered last night.

Apple website. Always order from Apple. I just looked and it's still shipping September 25th.

RDreamer

Apple website. Always order from Apple. I just looked and it's still shipping September 25th.

I couldn't do that and keep my contract. Had to go though AT&T's website. Even still there's no fucking excuse to order in the first minute and not get the phone for a damned month!

dork

Banned
I couldn't do that and keep my contract. Had to go though AT&T's website. Even still there's no fucking excuse to order in the first minute and not get the phone for a damned month!

Why? I've ordered mine through Apple every year and kept my contract and kept my unlimited data. Did they change it this year?

Anyone on T-Mobile with Jump on demand get any luck? I have to pay off some of my S6 but I'm switching over and want to make sure I can get a or 64gb as soon as possible.

RDreamer

Why? I've ordered mine through Apple every year and kept my contract and kept my unlimited data. Did they change it this year?

As far as everyone has said, yes they did change it this year. I did that the last few times, too. This time everyone said the only way to keep the unlimited was through AT&T's website. Could only do Next through apple.

dork

Banned
As far as everyone has said, yes they did change it this year. I did that the last few times, too. This time everyone said the only way to keep the unlimited was through AT&T's website. Could only do Next through apple.

Ah ok. Bastards. I thought that next program was mandatory now. I'll pay full price before I ever do next. Thanks for the heads up though

When prompted to call AT&T they advised me that the only way I could get the phone was to go through AT&T Next and I hung up at that point because she was trying to sell me into changing the plan and give up my unlimited.

Yes, there is an option to select the traditional 2-year plan.

Yes :( Not sure about Best Buy online, but definitely at Apple.com.

Cancelled my Best Buy in store order from last night that I couldn't use rewards on and reordered in store with rewards, so I'm only spending $354 for off contract 6s+.

dayowl

Neo Member
Yes, there is an option to select the traditional 2-year plan.

Yes :( Not sure about Best Buy online, but definitely at Apple.com.

I don't understand, the flow was the same this time as it always has been for me. Didn't have to select a new plan or anything, just said that I'm still locked into my current 2 year upgrade contract still, which ends in a year and a few months, so I had to pay full price. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan and I used the mobile app to order.

They don't let you do 2 year upgrades on AT&T through Apple anymore, it HAS to be through AT&T's website

That said, doing a Next plan doesn't have to take away your unlimited data. It's a device payment plan, you can keep whatever data plan you have going. You'd be paying more per month than people who are on one of the new plans because they REALLY want to get you off unlimited data

The best way to keep unlimited and not pay ridiculous amounts of money per month is to either buy it on a two year contract from AT&Ts site or to buy the phone outright.

I don't understand, the flow was the same this time as it always has been for me. Didn't have to select a new plan or anything, just said that I'm still locked into my current 2 year upgrade contract still, which ends in a year and a few months, so I had to pay full price. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan and I used the mobile app to order.

You were able to do it because you were still ON a 2-year contract. If you weren't, they wouldn't have let you sign up for a new one from Apple.

Azzurri

Gold Member
Pre-ordered the 6S non plus 64gb model. First new phone I've had in almost 3 years. I had a note 2 but it broke, then I went back to my original Nexus, but that was getting old so went to my current iPhone 5 I bought last summer which is so beat up and hardly holds a charge.

I can't wait for something new!

RDreamer

I checked the apple app and the only option was to pay in full or AT&T Next. I don't want either of those. I wanted the subsidized pricing and my current unlimited plan.

Top Bottom