• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Shun

A case/bumper has never made sense to me on a phone like this. Part of the appeal is having something thin and light, and a case/bumper destroys that. That said, that bumper is nice. I wouldn't get the screen protector though, it seems unnecessary when combined with the bumper.

I never ever used a case on my 4S or my 5S.

It's just that with a much bigger phone there is a larger chance of damage and I am very paranoid of that despite being caseless for so long and with no damage.

I just thought this might be an exception since the bumper is extremely thin and fits well with the new Rose Gold 6S+.

I'm just curious of the build quality of the 6S compared to the 6.

Reckoner

S years always struck me as a little softer on demand. People tend to write it off as a "minor" update, however untrue it may be.

Fine by me, though. I've been on the S update cycle since I bought the 3GS. I get, essentially, the same great phone everyone else has, except with all the crap Apple didn't have time to fix the first time around. :)

I prefer the S cycle. Usually it gets some fixes like you said and awesome performance bump. It's the best S upgrade of all time.

Turnbl

Anybody rockin' a 4S who had the intention of finally upgrading but still on the fence?

Normally Apple would stop OS upgrades but oddly iOS9 is coming on the 4S. Makes my decision harder as it's a great little device. Only downside is battery has been getting noticeably worse this year.

Looks like the 6S Plus 128gb is now at 2-3 weeks on the UK store. All 6S still seem to be day 1.

Decisions... decisions...

SeanR1221

Another thing I forgot.

I live right outside Philly. This is the pope weekend and literally everything is getting locked down. The phones might not even be in the store day 1

Didn't want to wait a couple weeks to see if the color you wanted would get stocked?

Since I upgrade yearly, I'd rather have it as close to day 1 as possible.

I don't care about the color on the back. I worry the white bezel will look goofy on certain things.

Shun

Anybody rockin' a 4S who had the intention of finally upgrading but still on the fence?

Normally Apple would stop OS upgrades but oddly iOS9 is coming on the 4S. Makes my decision harder as it's a great little device. Only downside is battery has been getting noticeably worse this year.

Looks like the 6S Plus 128gb is now at 2-3 weeks on the UK store. All 6S still seem to be day 1.

Decisions... decisions...

I don't think I would have even upgraded to iOS 8 with the 4S. The iPad 2 runs laggy on iOS 8 as it is...

Go upgrade cause I don't think it's feasible to run a 4S anymore unless it's most basic task.

iMax

looking around it seems like preorder threads are a lot smaller than last year. either apple has stocked up, which makes sense since they've had a year making the current form factor, or demand is down.

They've also allowed one extra week between pre-order and ship, which probably helps.

DCS

Banned
App wasn't working for me, when it did load up it wouldn't accept my address for Apple Pay (despite the same one having been used many times in previous years) and gave no option for me to change it. No luck with Safari in iOS so I went over to my iMac and it worked on that straight away - 16gb 6S ordered at 8:14. No confirmation email yet but it is showing in my order history.

My only issue is that I have a £500 Apple Store Voucher which it didn't use and put the entire transaction on card - will I be able to change this without losing my reservation?

TimFL

Told myself I'm not going to jump on the launch day hype train this year. Got up 3 hours after preorders went live and saw that my desired phone (6s 64GB space gray) is still available with launch day delivery.
If it doesn't have 2GB of RAM I'll cancel though and keep my 6.

Prototype

I'm gonna be picking up one of the S series phones, (switching from andriod) but both sizes don't really do it for me.

4.7 inch screen is slightly too small, yet the 5.5 inch is too big.

I think 5 inches is the sweet spot, and it's partly why I really like my S5. Really wish Apple would have made the 6 5 inches.

Hi Gaf,

Just checking that I did the correct thing before I cancel my pre-order.
I live in between the US and UK; currently spending more time in UK but planning to move back to US. I want to get my phone from US for long term purposes (and well, because it's cheaper). When I am in the US, I usually use either my UK sim card, or for faster internet, pay as you go sims (my main number is a google voice phone number so it does not matter which phone number I actually have in the US)

I would have gone for the verizon phone off contract ('pay in full'), but it still asked me my US phone number ('owned' by Google, not verizon) and yadda, but I was pretty sure they were going to complain ( you dont have a verizon phone!), so I settled for T-mobile.
Will I be able to use that phone on my UK sim ? ( I think so, the phone is unlocked)*

And - will I be able to use that phone in the US with anyone but T-mobile?

Kazer

Managed to reserve a rose gold 6s+ at my local DC store. Totally didn't see the apple payment plan pre-order page till after the fact so I ended up pre-ordering at full price. Hopefully they'll let me switch it over!

SeanR1221

Weird! My store now let me select a 128gb space grey.

Hmmm. So now I have to make a choice.

64gb silver. It's cheaper but not the color I want.

128gb space grey. It's the color I want and I'm down to 4gb on my current 64 (although I admit I could clean up some stuff) but it's more expensive.

I feel like the 128 is the choice here especially with the new camera.

iNvid02

all of a sudden i was like "hey that silver looks really nice", as if i had never noticed it before. that breaks the all black streak thats been going since i got a 3GS.

#THEONLYTHINGTHATSCHANGEDISEVERYTHING

TheZink

Weird! My store now let me select a 128gb space grey.

Hmmm. So now I have to make a choice.

64gb silver. It's cheaper but not the color I want.

128gb space grey. It's the color I want and I'm down to 4gb on my current 64 (although I admit I could clean up some stuff) but it's more expensive.

I feel like the 128 is the choice here especially with the new camera.
I'd go big or wait. Don't buy a color you don't want.

Bowler

seems like best buy preorder with verizon is only available via the old fashioned 2 year contract $300 upfront. Looks like the upgrade program from apple is the avenue im going to take

nbcjr

What is the new price for the iphone 6?

Also, i may buy an used 6 if there is any gaffer on chicago or miami that wants to meet me and sell me one.

giga

PSA for existing T-Moble JOD customers. Ask for a storage upgrade and they should give it to you for free with no down payment.

Just upgraded from a 16GB 6 to a 64GB 6S for free. Still paying $15/month. Crazy deal. Total price in the end is $435. ($15 for 18 months + $164 payoff.)

Ninja Dom

It's there. Says they received it and I have an order number. Still feeling a little sketchy though =[

Mine is the same as you, Apple Store app on iOS has the order there all correct and the delivery is estimated to be the 25th, but no confirmation email.

BUT my friend who ordered when the pre-orders kicked off DID get an email confirmation straight away. I'm guessing it could be down to method of payment.

Zia

So I tried to make a reservation and apt for a 6S Plus and the upgrade program, but right now you can only make them for the 25 whereas I can't make it in until next Monday. Am I screwed if I just waltz in there on Monday?

Fletcher

Anyone who ordered through TMobile JoD get their email yet?

PSA for existing T-Moble JOD customers. Ask for a storage upgrade and they should give it to you for free with no down payment.

Just upgraded from a 16GB 6 to a 64GB 6S for free. Still paying $15/month. Crazy deal. Total price in the end is $435. ($15 for 18 months + $164 payoff.)

What the fuck!? For real? Probably too late to switch it. Damn it.

bionic77

Was anyone with an unlimited plan able to upgrade via the AT&T website?

I tried and failed numerous times today.

When prompted to call AT&T they advised me that the only way I could get the phone was to go through AT&T Next and I hung up at that point because she was trying to sell me into changing the plan and give up my unlimited.

What a shitty ass company.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Got my order through T-Mobile on the phone for the 64 GB 6S Plus, signing up for the Jump on Demand deal. Took about 15 minutes total, no waiting for a rep or any other issues. I'm pumped.

Red

So Apple has three financing options available now. PayPal, Barclay, and the new upgrade program. Afaik each carrier also has special financing options. I am guessing T Mobile currently offers the best deal, but I'm trying to figure out what will be cheapest when using Apple gift cards. I'm not the type of person who needs a new phone every upgrade cycle so I'm simply looking for the cheapest option. But there are a lot of options to work through.

Matticers

Verizon android customer here, going to make the switch to AT&T for the 6s plus. But I guess there's no real reason to pre-order online as a new customer, right? Says the wait will be between October 16-23. I'd imagine if you try to pre-order in store, they would have one before then at some point. But I haven't had an iPhone since the original one so I'm not sure how scarce they are. I know it's difficult to get one on day one but I'm not sure how long the wait will be after that as a new customer.

Top Bottom