• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Thaedolus

So I just reserved a 64GB 6S, but didn't see an option for the annual upgrade. I clicked pay for in store, and it's giving me the full retail price.

Will I have the option in the store to sign up for their annual upgrade plan? I'm eligible for a new 2 year on VZW, but I'm not really interested in that if I can have the option of switching carriers.

I don't understand, the flow was the same this time as it always has been for me. Didn't have to select a new plan or anything, just said that I'm still locked into my current 2 year upgrade contract still, which ends in a year and a few months, so I had to pay full price. I have a grandfathered unlimited plan and I used the mobile app to order.

You paid full price, as in $699+? I got the traditional 2-year subsidized price ($399 for 64gb 6s+) and that's what most were trying to accomplish by getting the 2-year contract.

So I just reserved a 64GB 6S, but didn't see an option for the annual upgrade. I clicked pay for in store, and it's giving me the full retail price.

Will I have the option in the store to sign up for their annual upgrade plan? I'm eligible for a new 2 year on VZW, but I'm not really interested in that if I can have the option of switching carriers.

Yes, when you go to your reservation just tell them "Yo I want to do the iPhone Upgrade"

Draper

Hmm, should I get the plus model...I ended up returning the 6+ because 1 handed use was a struggle...but I miss that battery life.

Hmm, should I get the plus model...I ended up returning the 6+ because 1 handed use was a struggle...but I miss that battery life.

If you don't enjoy using the phone, it doesn't matter how long the battery lasts. You'd only be making your dissatisfaction last longer per day

Right. I did that the second pre orders went up last night, and now the shipping estimate is a goddamned month after release.

Someone a few pages back said that happened last year too. We're trying to find out if the phone actually came at the estimated time, or if it was just a placeholder date. No answer yet! But, that same time frame is displayed on Apple.com as well, so it could just be a precautionary date.

RDreamer

Someone a few pages back said that happened last year too. We're trying to find out if the phone actually came at the estimated time, or if it was just a placeholder date. No answer yet! But, that same time frame is displayed on Apple.com as well, so it could just be a precautionary date.

From looking at social media it seems all AT&T ordered were shipping that late right away. Really hoping that's just a bad estimate. I don't understand how they'd literally get no phones at all right away for their customers to upgrade with online.

kaskade

I guess we'll start seeing some reviews a few days before the 25th. It's kinda weird at this point we pretty much know what to expect. I guess I'm just more curious for iFixit to get a device to tear down. I need to know about that RAM.

kIdMuScLe

Anyone on T-Mobile with Jump on demand get any luck? I have to pay off some of my S6 but I'm switching over and want to make sure I can get a or 64gb as soon as possible.

What do you mean? Are you on the jump on demand program?

Also for those saying that they got a free upgrade to 64GB I was told that if I would keep the phone then I would have to pay $99 more on top of the purchase price. So it's kinda the same as the down payment 😑

I was able to get the 6+ space grey and 2 6+ rose gold!

From looking at social media it seems all AT&T ordered were shipping that late right away. Really hoping that's just a bad estimate. I don't understand how they'd literally get no phones at all right away for their customers to upgrade with online.

Yeah, and the same estimate was at Apple.com for all colors/sizes/carriers at. Still is.

kaiiri

The estimated delivery date says a month out? Which version was preordered? I did the AT&T 64gb White and it says for me Sept 24th? This was using AT&T's website. Wanted to do Best Buy but their system doesn't let me do the switch upgrade thing. = /

RDreamer

Just a quick break in my bitching about shipping times to ask if the cases for the 6s plus and 6 plus are the same? Can I shop for a good case now or do I need to wait?

The estimated delivery date says a month out? Which version was preordered? I did the AT&T 64gb White and it says for me Sept 24th? This was using AT&T's website. Wanted to do Best Buy but their system doesn't let me do the switch upgrade thing. = /

I did AT&T's website and my order finalized 3 minutes after launch. Ship date was October 16-23. I'm kind of angry because I stayed up pretty damned late to do that and that's the ship times for ordering now, too...

I ordered space gray 64gb S Plus

Did you do AT&T Next? I wonder if they're prioritizing that...

Any clear 6 cases on the market that're highly acclaimed? My mom's always saying color doesn't matter since she's gonna put a case on it anyways but you know you gotta show off that rose gold.

We are talking about the 6s+. The 6s isn't affected.

Just a quick break in my bitching about shipping times to ask if the cases for the 6s plus and 6 plus are the same? Can I shop for a good case now or do I need to wait?

The specs are millimeters apart, so a flexible case should be fine. If you are using a steel case, you might have some issues. Now, back to bitching about shipping times!

RDreamer

The specs are millimeters apart, so a flexible case should be fine. If you are using a steel case, you might have some issues. Now, back to bitching about shipping times!

Sweet, thanks!

Normally I do a battery case for mine, so maybe I'll want to wait and see, since those are usually rigid... And maybe I should wait and see if I can get used to less battery.

Servbot24

Banned
I reserved in store pick-up through T-Mobile. I'm currently on Sprint though. Can I wait til I go pick up the phone before switching, or do I need to notify them and Sprint in advance?

Actually though I may cancel my order, they only had gold left which I don't care for.

nynt9

I bought a pink 6s and silver 6s+ through Apple's store app (using att) within 15 minutes and I got a sept 25 date.

I reserved in store pick-up through T-Mobile. I'm currently on Sprint though. Can I wait til I go pick up the phone before switching, or do I need to notify them and Sprint in advance?

Actually though I may cancel my order, they only had gold left which I don't care for.

So based on an article I read (http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2491013,00.asp) the T-Mobile phone SHOULD have the right hardware to work on Sprint's networks, both LTE and below. Sprint does make you manually activate new phones, though, you can't just pop in your current SIM card

aparisi2274

Most carriers killed subsidized pricing thru Apple Store. They want you to go to their store, so you'll have to select a new plan and they can get people off the unlimited plans they are grandfathered into.

I did an in store reserve for my ATT 6s 64gb because I am going to use the iPhone upgrade program and not have to deal with ATT, aside from my monthly cel bill. I got an email this morning saying I'm all set for a 9/25 in store pick up.

TheZink

I'm gonna be picking up one of the S series phones, (switching from andriod) but both sizes don't really do it for me.

4.7 inch screen is slightly too small, yet the 5.5 inch is too big.

I think 5 inches is the sweet spot, and it's partly why I really like my S5. Really wish Apple would have made the 6 5 inches.
I feel the same way. I went plus and I hope I get used to it. A bunch of my buddy's have and now love it.

For anyone that is on the Jump On Demand iPhone deal, I was able to go into my T-Mobile store and preorder a 64GB Space Gray 6s+ without any problems, and I didn't have to pay a down payment even though I was upgrading from 16GB to 64GB. The T-Mobile sales guy said the no down payment deal for a size upgrade is only going on today and tomorrow for Jump customers. Also, the phone will ship to the address you provide, not to the store. If I had known that was the case, I would have just done it over the phone, but it was still pretty quick and painless.

The guy I just responded to said his estimate is September 24.

99% sure he's talking about the 6s, not 6s+.

I bought a pink 6s and silver 6s+ through Apple's store app (using att) within 15 minutes and I got a sept 25 date.

Welp, there goes that. I ordered before you (from ATT.com) and got 10/16-10/23 like almost everyone else. Hopefully it's just a glitch because when I checked on Apple.com it said those same dates last night and again this morning.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Yeah but I remember hearing before that Apple or maybe someone else charges your card before you even pick it up or before they ship it.

I'm still trying to decide but don't want to lose a place in line if so you know?

That's only if you actually purchase it.
Reserving in store to just talk about purchase options (such as the Upgrade Program) is just talk.
Feel free to reserve now.

subrock

Seems like I got my order processing email at about 4am and I have a 9/25-9/29 delivery. Sound about right for other Canadians?

Preordered a white 6S at the AT&T store this morning. Having second thoughts about the color-- may prefer black. Will they let me change it or is it too late? Don't want to change anything besides the color.

Juice

Preordered a white 6S at the AT&T store this morning. Having second thoughts about the color-- may prefer black. Will they let me change it or is it too late? Don't want to change anything besides the color.

Nope you're locked into the exact model.

Hold times on their phone center are over 90 minutes right now so you're either stuck with it or need to call and hope they still have inventory of something else (which they won't and which will probably lose your spot in line for early delivery.)

Nope you're locked into the exact model.

Ah well, not gonna die. Guess I learned my lesson. Blingy phone for me!

Edit:

Hold times on their phone center are over 90 minutes right now so you're either stuck with it or need to call and hope they still have inventory of something else (which they won't and which will probably lose your spot in line for early delivery.)

Oh so they can technically do it? Maybe will go in when they open tomorrow to see... I don't really care if I get the phone late, I can wait if I have to.

Top Bottom