• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Juice

Ah well, not gonna die. Guess I learned my lesson. Blingy phone for me!

Edit:

Oh so they can technically do it? Maybe will go in when they open tomorrow to see... I don't really care if I get the phone late, I can wait if I have to.

No I mean you can try and I strongly recommend you don't waste half a day just to push out your delivery date

I'm finally ready to be rid of this Nexus 5 with a cracked screen. Just pre-ordered the 64 GB Silver 6S+ on AT&T. I'm switching from T-Mobile, which I'm stoked about. T-Mobile service doesn't like to work well in my neck of the woods, otherwise I would probably keep it.

Anyway, this will be the biggest phone I've ever owned, so I hope I'm not getting into something I'll regret lol.

I'm kind of kicking myself for not signing up for Jump on Demand after seeing people are getting the 6s for basically half off, but I have a deep aversion to contracts at this point and want to interact with the carrier as minimally as possible.

mr stroke

FYI anyone that wants to use Apple's installment payment plan, but can't get the site to show availability for in store pick up: I spoke with Apple support and I ordered a 6s+ at full price with a delivery date of 9/25. Once you get the phone on launch day you can go into an Apple store return the phone and re-buy in under their payment plan.

Support told me you "weren't supposed to do this" but technically it would work :)

sk3

Banned
What's with all this bullshit where they make you go into the store?

T-mobile's website says call to pre-order with jump on demand, but you call and they say can't do it over the phone, wtf. You can only pre order for the full price.

What's with all this bullshit where they make you go into the store?

T-mobile's website says call to pre-order with jump on demand, but you call and they say can't do it over the phone, wtf. You can only pre order for the full price.
You can only pre order if you're already on the plan. It sucks. I did it in the store this morning at 10am.

ruxtpin

Banned
So I'm on Verizon, is the general consensus that the upgrade plan offered by Apple is the better deal (over signing a new 2 year contract)?

Kintaco

T-Mobile has me worried, they didn't show me having JoD , I got my 6+ during the $19/mo promotion, and said my monthly would be $24/mo. I explained my situation and the CS said I would be in the $19/mo but it's not showing up in the system. I might have to deal with that when the time comes.

Other than that, ordered a silver 6S+ 64GB and rose gold 6S+ 64GB for the wife. Been a while since I've been excited for an iPhone.

Shun

Rose Gold for almost every model sold out in like <1 hour for Apple and for Verizon. Those who were able to get it within the 2-3 hour threshold at all have the delayed October shipment.

Good luck for anyone trying to get Rose Gold.

So I'm on Verizon, is the general consensus that the upgrade plan offered by Apple is the better deal (over signing a new 2 year contract)?

I'm on the edge plan eligible for an upgrade so I get $200 off the full price of the phone + $300 for trading in a 5S, 350 for a 6, and 400 for a 6+.

So after that you get $500-600 off the full retail value + tax for signing contract.

My plan is the same but I basically got my iPhone 6S+ Rose Gold 64GB for $350 + Tax fully owned no extra fees. I'm also selling my iPad 2 and 5C so I'm probably ending up with a phone I own for less than $100.

RDreamer

Rose Gold for almost every model sold out in like <1 hour for Apple and for Verizon. Those who were able to get it within the 2-3 hour threshold at all have the delayed October shipment.

Good luck for anyone trying to get Rose Gold.

Every model sold out and is delayed to October shipment for AT&T within minutes lol.

Shun

Every model sold out and is delayed to October shipment for AT&T within minutes lol.

Verizon still had some Rose Gold until like 1:30am for the 6S, the 6S+ was sold out within the hour. Other colors still had stock last I checked at like 1:30am.

Verizon effectively offers you $480 to buy your own phone ($40/mo for two years vs $20/mo on installment/BYO phone) so if the difference between the subsidized price and the full price is greater than $480 get it subsidized, if not, find a way to source it yourself. In this case all of the iPhones have a price difference of $450 so it's best to source it yourself or get it on installments.

RDreamer

Apple buys back old phones, right? Is it generally better to try and find someone off craigslist or just sell it back to them. I've got a 5S I'll probably want to get rid of and get some bucks for. Even if Apple's a bit lower, I might go with them for less hassle.

Shun

Apple buys back old phones, right? Is it generally better to try and find someone off craigslist or just sell it back to them. I've got a 5S I'll probably want to get rid of and get some bucks for. Even if Apple's a bit lower, I might go with them for less hassle.

Apple takes the 5S for $145 at the moment.

You can definitely sell for at least double that on the aftermarket but it's much of a hassle.

Apple stores buy them back through Brightstar which gives the credit in the form of an Apple Store gift card. If you want cash either sell yourself or go through one of the many people offering cash for iPhones.

Zel3

I'm sitting at check out right now undecided...

If I choose AT&T next and want to pay off my Iphone 6s a few months down the road do I own the phone?

Newline

I really can't decide between a silver and rose gold 6S+. The silver one suits my taste much more, yet a part of me just wants that new exclusive colour. I'm not a flashy person but i'm a sucker for new tech bling.

Fjordson

Over 10 hours now and still no confirmation email.

Store app / site lists the order, though. Says it's being processed. Even if I look it up just through the order number it shows up and is accurate. Hopefully I'm good.

aparisi2274

Any articles on the cost difference between ATT Next and using ATT with the Apple layaway plan?

This should help...

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/10/best-installment-program-for-iphone-6s/

screen-shot-2015-09-11-at-9-55-32-am.jpg

Unlocked has two different definitions right? Unlocked could either mean not blocked by the carriers to work on another service or having the hardware in the phone detect any network?

Fletcher

Got my email from TMobile! But it's completely in Spanish. And when I click the link it appears to say there is nothing at the link, but in Spanish.

Newline

Just pulled the trigger on a Silver 64GB 6S Plus. It was the 3D touch gimmick that got me in the end, that and the fact that there's no note 5 coming to the UK and I can't live without a phone that's not the same size as my note 3.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
I just reserved a 64gb space grey 6s with Apple's upgrade plan. Pick up time of 1:30 on the 25th. Glad they have a lot locally as I forgot to preorder earlier in the day.

JaseMath

God damn hype got to me in the end. 0_0

64GB Space Gray 6S for me.

EDIT: Nevermind. The T-Mobile systems were down, so my order didn't go through. Took it as a sign that I should stick with Android.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
This is fucking bull shit.
Corporate store couldn't do anything to fix my preorder.
And now the customer service line won't even let me join a queue.

Top Bottom