• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Rootbeer

Banned
No worries. The added screen size is pretty spectacular. But honestly, I downgraded from a 6+ to a 6 after having one for about a month. Again, admiring pictures on a screen that size was great, but the regular 6 is way more comfortable to wield- just better one-handed ease. They both have their tradeoffs.

As for me, I purchased the Space Gray 64GB 6S. I mainly upgraded for the added space since I've maxed out my current 16GB 6.
Not a huge hand guy here but probably a tiny bit above average. Wondering how I will adjust moving from a Nexus 5. I love using it one handed but I use it two handed about half the time just for comfort. I have no issues holding it one handed though. Hopefully I can hold my 6S+ one handed when it's necessary.

gruenel

$35 for such a simplistic item... I know it's normal for anything Apple but still hard to swallow sometimes.

I def need some kind of case for my 6S+, I never use screen protectors though. Never scratched a phone screen ever, not even in the earlier iPhones

They really are expensive... but IMO, they are the best looking cases hands down, and they have a nice micro fiber inlay which most other silicone cases don't have... also dat Apple logo :}

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
How did you ask for the free upgrade?

I basically said this shouldn't be taking all day and explained how I have been to the store with no help and how I have tweeted T-Force and am actively engaging with them.

The rep then quoted me $6.99 for shipping and that's it.
We will see if it sticks now that I am in the process of redoing the entire order again.

This time I am not letting the rep go until I get the correct EIP document.

Feels nice to live near so many Apple stores after hearing how many people are having problems. My reservation went through right away after placing it early this morning. I'm just going to walk into the madhouse at 10 (While on the clock at work :) ), sign up for the yearly upgrade program, and be on my way.

Draper

Not a huge hand guy here but probably a tiny bit above average. Wondering how I will adjust moving from a Nexus 5. I love using it one handed but I use it two handed about half the time just for comfort. I have no issues holding it one handed though. Hopefully I can hold my 6S+ one handed when it's necessary.

Oh yeah. Nexus 5 was the perfect size. I always one-handed it and the soft back really helped to grip it. Amazing ergonomics all around. I would say I have pretty large hands- despite this, one handed use with the plus was obnoxious. My hand would literally get sore after extensive use. And in bed use was also just unbearable. Ha, I was second guessing my call, but I'm really recalling now how much I despised the 6+ ergonomics.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
$35 for such a simplistic item... I know it's normal for anything Apple but still hard to swallow sometimes.

I def need some kind of case for my 6S+, I never use screen protectors though. Never scratched a phone screen ever, not even in the earlier iPhones

There will be eBay knockoffs for $3 soon enough, if not already.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
I basically said this shouldn't be taking all day and explained how I have been to the store with no help and how I have tweeted T-Force and am actively engaging with them.

The rep then quoted me $6.99 for shipping and that's it.
We will see if it sticks now that I am in the process of redoing the entire order again.

This time I am not letting the rep go until I get the correct EIP document.

My eip docs were screwed up as well, on the phone trying to get it fixed. Not sure if I am getting the free upgrade or not though.

Rootbeer

Banned
Oh yeah. Nexus 5 was the perfect size. I always one-handed it and the soft back really helped to grip it. Amazing ergonomics all around. I would say I have pretty large hands- despite this, one handed use with the plus was obnoxious. My hand would literally get sore after extensive use. And in bed use was also just unbearable. Ha, I was second guessing my call, but I'm really recalling now how much I despised the 6+ ergonomics.
I'm sensitive to people's complaints about the size. I've always been good at adapting to stuff like this though, so we'll see. Better battery, camera, resolution, and ipad-like features hopefully will sooth my concerns. I have never owned a tablet and haven't felt the desire to own one, so having a bigger phone that can sort of stand-in as a tablet in certain ways is appealing

Furyous

Hope you guys enjoy your iPhone!!! I'm broke so I'll just watch what people say. I will accept paypal for gifts though haaha!

*looks at iphone 5 still holding strong*

I'll pass as paying $900+ for a 750p display I'll regret in 365 days in not a good idea. Usually I switch when benchmarks hit five times the performance of my current device. However, Apple Pay doesn't work with my bank and I'm a bit underwhelmed with the 6S.

ngower

Went with the 64GB silver 6S, upgrading from a 5S. This is my first non-black iPhone ever!

I need a new phone anyways so I doubt I'll be disappointed, but I'm excited to get this bad boy right after vacation!

Draper

I'm sensitive to people's complaints about the size. I've always been good at adapting to stuff like this though, so we'll see. Better battery, camera, resolution, and ipad-like features hopefully will sooth my concerns. I have never owned a tablet and haven't felt the desire to own one, so having a bigger phone that can sort of stand-in as a tablet in certain ways is appealing

You'll be good man. Didn't mean to spike your concerns. And yeah, the battery life was phenomenal! And nice, I wasn't aware of the res bump!

Aurizen

*looks at iphone 5 still holding strong*

I'll pass as paying $900+ for a 750p display I'll regret in 365 days in not a good idea. Usually I switch when benchmarks hit five times the performance of my current device. However, Apple Pay doesn't work with my bank and I'm a bit underwhelmed with the 6S.

Oh cool we're on the same boat! Yeah my iphone 5 is slowing down after I just restored it. I think the 6s+ is a really good upgrade from the 5 lol.

How much stock do they usually have at launch at the Apple stores? I wanted to buy a 64GB S+ today, but it's already back-ordered for 3-4 weeks here in the UK.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Here is the rundown. If anybody can help I would be really appreciative. I'm getting anxiety about this and it is making me feel terrible.

It all starts at 1am my time when I was able to place a preorder for a 64 gb silver iPhone 6sPlus and a 64gb rose gold 6s. Sounds good right? I was excited to let my wife know that I upgraded her to the 64gb as an early birthday present.

At around noon I received an e-sign form for a 64gb silver 6S. Problem is that is 1 phone and not either of the phones I ordered. I did not sign the e-sign. I then decided to go to the T-Mobile corporate store in my area to get this resolved.

After waiting an hour at the store the rep gets off the phone with support and says he can't do anything since there is an outstanding e-sign form. He says I have to call customer service.

After getting home I wait an hour in queue for customer service and things look great. Had the old order cancelled and the new order confirmed to me multiple times and I'm relived things are going so smooth.... E-sign documents come in with a 64gb silver iPhone 6 plus (yay) and a 64gb rose gold iPhone 6 plus (damn, so close. But I ordered the regular 6s for this one)

I then waited in the customer service queue for another 49 minutes to try again. This time the rep says she will stay on the line until things are worked out. We get through the process and get the 2nd order cancelled. This call ended up taking 1 hour and 20 minute only to find out that she could only place the order for the 64gb silver iPhone 6 plus but for some reason the other line won't take any more orders. She escalated to her supervisor and her supervisor escalated to tech support. Nobody knows what is going on.

My main line is now pseudo blocked from customer care for calling too much (automated machine just says nobody available and hangs up) so I have to use my wife's line.

Now to top this whole day off I get to tell my wife that I have had to be away from her and my newborn daughter all day and that I will be getting an upgraded phone and she won't. Had to tell her that early birthday present can't happen.

I'm at my wits end with this guys. I need some help. All I want to do is preorder 2 phones. :(

One of the phones was a 6s not a 6s+ and one of the eips was for a retail installment plan not a jump on demand lease.
Oh ok yeah the system was getting slammed today at work. I though you guys had question on how the discount worked. Just make sure if anything is wrong dont sign it. If you do its almost impossible to cancel until you get the phone. Then you have to send it back and order the correct one.

Kintaco

I ordered at around 12:30am PT and haven't received my email either.
No email yet but they did send a text saying my place in line was secured. Now just worried that the paperwork will be screwed up as last night the CS rep couldn't see that I was on JoD with the $19/mo priced locked for 18 mos.

MRSA

Banned
Oh god T-Mobile is garbage tier

I preordered last night around 1230, get my EIP document to sign and they signed me up for regular Jump rather than Jump on Demand. Ring them up and they say good thing I didn't sign the edoc yet, they can cancel the order but I cannot reorder a phone until 24hrs after the fact. I was like well, I was basically in front of the line now I'm probably going to miss the launch window? Still on the phone waiting on retentions to see if they can do anything.

Kintaco

Oh god T-Mobile is garbage tier

I preordered last night around 1230, get my EIP document to sign and they signed me up for regular Jump rather than Jump on Demand. Ring them up and they say good thing I didn't sign the edoc yet, they can cancel the order but I cannot reorder a phone until 24hrs after the fact. I was like well, I was basically in front of the line now I'm probably going to miss the launch window? Still on the phone waiting on retentions to see if they can do anything.
Not looking good for me to have a smooth transaction when I finally get the email.

I don't understand some of the complaints in this thread.

Why are you ordering through the carriers' shitty websites instead of directly from Apple? You'll activate the phone all the same anyway.

I ordered my 64GB 6S this afternoon with release day delivery. Simple, effortless.

I feel like I'm missing something.

MRSA

Banned

Why are you ordering through the carriers' shitty websites instead of directly from Apple? You'll activate the phone all the same anyway.

I ordered my 64GB 6S this afternoon with release day delivery. Simple, effortless.

T-Mobile is giving $120 discount.

T-Mobile's new iPhone deal was probably only order-able through their website.

MRSA

Banned
I see T-Mobile didn't rid itself of its shitty CS when they switched management. They botched this release with the calling in phone foolishness.

Actually only in-store if you're a new customer.

The system is so archiac, they have the phone available (essentially) but because their system is dated back to DOS they cannot simply switch me over to the Jump on Demand deal.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
One phone has been ordered and confirmed. I have a text saying a tracking number will show up when it ships. Ended up paying $0. No shipping and no upgrade fee from moving from 16 to 64gb.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow to get my wife's line worked out. I was given the email to the executive team and will probably draft something up tonight.

Sad that is has to get to this level. T-Mobile should have had an online ordering method set up for this.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
One phone has been ordered and confirmed. I have a text saying a tracking number will show up when it ships. Ended up paying $0. No shipping and no upgrade fee from moving from 16 to 64gb.

Now I have to wait until tomorrow to get my wife's line worked out. I was given the email to the executive team and will probably draft something up tonight.

Sad that is has to get to this level. T-Mobile should have had an online ordering method set up for this.

I couldn't get the free upgrade. I got one EIP so far that is correct but still missing the second EIP.

The system is so archiac, they have the phone available (essentially) but because their system is dated back to DOS they cannot simply switch me over to the Jump on Demand deal.

Yeah, the girl that was helping me in store said their system is horribly outdated and hard to use. The two sales people at my local store were going pretty slow with each preorder, but only because the system is so crappy and they were trying really hard to avoid mistakes. It made me really happy my days of working retail are long behind me.

RDreamer

Well in AT&T's case you can't get the subsidized pricing and continue your contract through Apple. I would lose my unlimited data if I did. Only way to do that is on their website.

DMczaf

Getting a Space Gray 128GB 6S under the Sprint iPhone Forever plan.

Somehow already excited about upgrading to an iPhone 7 next year.

Branson

I'm kind of stuck on the 5-6-7 upgrade path. I wonder if my 6+ battery is going to last until the 7s plus comes out, I dont feel like paying $900 or whatever for a 6s+ without an upgrade.

Xcellere

My phone line is on our company's AT&T Premier account, and I can only order new phones through the Premier web site. I wish I could order through Apple.

Well in AT&T's case you can't get the subsidized pricing and continue your contract through Apple. I would lose my unlimited data if I did. Only way to do that is on their website.
Guess it doesn't matter for me. If I want to keep my unlimited data, I'd have to settle for the 3G speeds that I currently barely tolerate with my 4S :p

This whole data plan thing is a huge racket. Too bad the financial barrier to entry is too enormous for any serious disruptive competitors to emerge in the mobile carrier space.

Hey guys -

I was able to order an iPhone 6s Plus last night to be delivered on 9/25. I bought it out of contract but the Verizon version. I am living in Canada now but on a US plan and was curious to know if Apple will cancel my order if I moved to Rogers on my existing iPhone 6 Plus and just used the 6s Plus on Rogers later.

The only reason I ask is because the order is technically pulling up my Verizon info.

Any idea anyone?

Shun

I've always bought directly from Apple but last night was just a shit experience.

I had to go through Verizon since I tried with both the Apple Store and the App and they both wouldn't go through for me after endless cycle log in.

I tried clicking links and resetting my password to no avail. Kept trying to the entire night till I gave up. No luck on the Apple Store at all.

Glad I ended up getting it tho.

Top Bottom