• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

HUELEN10

Went to T-Mo today to make sure everything is right with our plan; gonna line up to pick up a 6S for my sister on the 25th, never been to a non-Apple iPhone launch!

Seriously though, the final price of the phone is under the regular cost by well over 100 USD, how the fuck does that magnificent bastard John Legere keep pulling off this amazing shit?

As expected, got my EIP earlier tonight and it's only showing one phone, missing my wife's phone and I even received a call from Tmobile to verify some information before receiving the EIP.

It also is showing the current $24/mo rate for the 6S Plus rather than the $19/mo rate I signed up under last a couple of weeks ago that was supposed to transfer over. Anyone else do the JoD offer for $15/mo or $19/mo? What rate does it show on your new EIP? The fine prints makes it seem like they will adjust the monthly price accordingly so maybe I'm good on my phone, just need the EIP for my wife now.
Sales rep told me it'd be discounted on the actual bill. I took his word for it but I'm still unsure.

jaydogg691

Well shit. Almost got it sorted out.
Got T-Mobile to do the 64gb upgrade without the $99 fee. But now the e-sign agreement is messed up again.

This is getting out of hand!

Wuuuuut.

The only thing I was able to get waived off was the express shipping which is about $25. Other than that, I'm still on the early iPhone promo and am only paying $15 a month. I was having second doubts on getting a 64GB model since now I stream all my music and store my photos in the cloud, but with a higher MP camera, gifs, and 4K recording I can see storage filling up pretty quick.

Littlebigbenny

Neo Member
Gold or space gray brehs. I can't decide.

I was in the same dilemma. Then I compared the two colors with the available cases and found this:

BB4iukb.png

I think the combination of the gold phone and the new brown leather case looks just to classy to miss!

big_z

looking at apples site 24 hours later im surprised you can still get day 1 orders in providing you don't want rose. they must have a decent stock pile this time around or the hunger isn't there. if I can still get a day one by tomorrow I might reorder through the air miles website.

I was in the same dilemma. Then I compared the two colors with the available cases and found this:

I think the combination of the gold phone and the new brown leather case looks just to classy to miss!

the white is really nice in the promo pics and under bright direct lighting but its semi transparent so you get weird shadows around the earpiece and holes. same when using the flashlight feature there is a lot of leakage. it kind of cheapens the phone imo. its possible apple has fixed it for the S model though.

No mobile share, but I found what was doing it: user error. The order page shows you what they call a total cost, but leaves out the fees, taxes and surcharges. False alarm!

Good! I will not allow you to get a better deal than me.

BB4iukb.png

I don't understand the point of caring about the color of the phone if you're going to get a case. Might as well be bright yellow, no one's ever gonna see the color.

What I've learned trying to explain phone upgrades to people: this stuff is way too complicated

Same! I just want one price for a plan and one price for a phone. No contracts, ever. I wish I had the business savvy to start a carrier like that.

Plan: $x.xx/month, includes all taxes and fees. Unlimited everything.
Phone: $xxx.xx total cost, including all taxes and fees. Factory unlocked. Pay in full or prorated over xx months, same price either way, but if you prorate it you can't sell it or upgrade until you pay it off.

Same! I just want one price for a plan and one price for a phone. No contracts, ever. I wish I had the business savvy to start a carrier like that.

Plan: $x.xx/month, includes all taxes and fees. Unlimited everything.
Phone: $xxx.xx total cost, including all taxes and fees. Factory unlocked. Pay in full or prorated over xx months, same price either way, but if you prorate it you can't sell it or upgrade until you pay it off.

I think what you just described is T-Mobile

Kintaco

I think what you just described is T-Mobile
Not exactly, the tax is not included in pricing. So my $19/mo 6S+ is going to be $20.71 on my bill. As tax is different in most places it's hard to have it included in the advertised price.

Question for people who ordered multiple phones from T-Mobile, is there a way to see what phone number the phone is attached to in the EIP? I just got 2 separate EIP, one for each phone, but they only show my phone number under Lessee, nothing on the phone description.

adelante

I don't understand the point of caring about the color of the phone if you're going to get a case. Might as well be bright yellow, no one's ever gonna see the color.

Well some people do like having the metal ring around the home button be gold. And the bezels are in different color too (everything's black on the front for Space Grey)

I'm one of those people who has 2 phones. So my secondary phone is an iphone 5s (got it used) and my main phone is HTC M8

I'm mainly an android user, but I cannot stand Samsung. HTC blew it with the M9 so I decided to stick with the M8 and wait for their new phone and see. If it sucks like the M9 I think I'm going to switch to iOS and ditch Android altogether.

So, I have to wait for a little time, and I think it's good to avoid the first batch anyway.

I like all the features of the 6s

big_z

slightly off topic but how well do iphones keep their value? i have the 6+ and won't be able to upgrade to the 6s+ but will jump to the 7, are 2 year old iphones worth anything?

take 20-30% off retail value each year depending on condition of the phone and if its unlocked.

They keep their value better than any other phone, which is one of the main reasons I stick with them. The 6+ will be worth at least $200 next year.

are you guys trading in your phones at retail or selling privately, Ive seen a lot of low amounts in this thread. its always better to sell on your own, hell a good condition 5s still goes for $350-400 on average if you sell it yourself.

My T-Mo E-sign doc was perfect. Shows the unit price of the device, my down payment, the correct monthly payments, and it's the right size phone and color. I suppose since I'm not doing JoD or ordering multiple phones, there was less room for error on their part...

Ninja Dom

I'm one of those people who has 2 phones. So my secondary phone is an iphone 5s (got it used) and my main phone is HTC M8

I'm mainly an android user, but I cannot stand Samsung. HTC blew it with the M9 so I decided to stick with the M8 and wait for their new phone and see. If it sucks like the M9 I think I'm going to switch to iOS and ditch Android altogether.

So, I have to wait for a little time, and I think it's good to avoid the first batch anyway.

I like all the features of the 6s

Are both phones for personal use? If so then how comes?

McHuj

Are reviewed supposed to hit this week or next? I don't exactly remember when the hit, but it's before shipment.

Are reviewed supposed to hit this week or next? I don't exactly remember when the hit, but it's before shipment.

Normally there is only one week lead time between pre order and release and the reviews hit a day or so earlier. But this release is two weeks away so who knows.

giga

Anyone with t-mobile JOD errors should call back today. They fixed everything for me.

Anyone who ordered yesterday or today are confirmed to get the free storage upgrade. If they ordered the wrong phone, they're going to cancel it and order the correct one in 24 hours because their system makes them wait that long after a cancellation. These new orders will still get the storage upgrade and deliver on the 25th too.

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3kpoz5/tforce_officially_answers_faq_regarding_iphone/

https://www.reddit.com/r/tmobile/comments/3kq10m/explanation_about_free_storage_upgrade_from_johns/

If you got the storage upgrade and you're seeing a higher monthly payment on the EIP, it will be credited a higher amount on your bill.

7ee3e7e4c86d0a46f80b4d84207d5c84.png

keezy

Finally made the switch to TMobile Today. Have my 6s pre-ordered.

Excited to get off ATT. All the business moves that T-Mobiles been doing the past year are pretty neat... Certain music streaming wont count towards your cap, Jump On Demand, and extended coverage to Canada are all awesome.

I guess one thing that wasn't clear.. If you have the phone pre-ordered does it ship on the 22nd or will it be at your house on the 22nd?

Red

I'm going to T Mobile after work. Tried switching over the phone last night but lost connection. They're offering an $80 plan for the same service as I'm getting from Verizon for $180. Glad to finally be rid of the shackles.

jaydogg691

Wait,

so anyone who ordered the phone with JoD are getting free storage upgrades? I had no ideas about the storage upgrade and I was told that I would be putting down $100 for the 64GB model. I already signed the EIP yesterday and I'm already getting order confirmation texts and emails. Is it too late to the upgrade fee waived off since I already signed the EIP?

giga

Wait,

so anyone who ordered the phone with JoD are getting free storage upgrades? I had no ideas about the storage upgrade and I was told that I would be putting down $100 for the 64GB model. I already signed the EIP yesterday and I'm already getting order confirmation texts and emails. Is it too late to the upgrade fee waived off since I already signed the EIP?

Call them. They'll prob credit you the $100.

Edit: You have to be an existing JOD customer.

giga

I talked to three different T-Mobile reps yesterday and had them ask their supervisors and none of them would acknowledge the upgrade deal. I messaged Tforce on Facebook to try to get them to help, but this sucks.
Try again today. The person I talked to today said they got an email this morning saying to honor all free storage upgrades.

Meh3D

Verizon to T-Mobile

you're in for a rude awakening buddy

I've been very fortunate with my Verizon bill. I'm on unlimited and my bill use to be 88-90ish. I found out a couple of years back that as an employee of the people I work for, I get a discount. My bill is 72-73 USD for unlimited with the 5 USD 1000 msg option. The only issue is if I go over the allotted text messages (non iMessage messages) the overage charge is bull shit. (My bill goes to 100 USD. 110-115 if they're video messages)

I just need to get my mom on an iPhone to be able to bring the phone bill down even further by removing the text message option. I rarely get text messages. My work discount along with Verizon's unlimited (I don't ever get throttled) data keeps me from ditching them and going to cricket. If I only stayed in the city I'd switch over to another carrier ASAP for a below 60ish bill.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
I got into the store at 8.02am (UK) using the app, but couldn't get the financing options, tried the web store on the phone too but same deal, it said 'you can choose financing at checkout' but the option wasn't there. After a bit of googling I found that finance options only appear if you're on a Mac or PC. I wouldn't be near a computer until the end of the day.
Anyway, I've ended up ordering the 128gb Space Grey 6S+ with black leather case and matching dock - though shipping by then was 3-4 weeks!

Meicyn

Gold Member
do all of you Tmobile users or switchers live in major cities?
The thing about tmobile is that there's no in between. Your service will either be really awesome or total shit. I'm not in a major city but I have really great service here. On my roadtrip from NW Florida to Tennessee for some whitewhater rafting, there was a lot of no service or unusable service areas along the interstate. Worked great in Atlanta.

It's worth noting that the new iPhone supports LTE band 12, which tmobile has spent a lot of money building infrastructure for. The service quality should be a step up, but who knows how great it'lll be. Band 12 addresses the building penetration problem tmobile has had since forever.

Top Bottom