• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

No email yet but they did send a text saying my place in line was secured. Now just worried that the paperwork will be screwed up as last night the CS rep couldn't see that I was on JoD with the $19/mo priced locked for 18 mos.
literally the same thing happened to me. Just got the text. Hopefully everything works out.

Bboy AJ

My dog was murdered by a 3.5mm audio port and I will not rest until the standard is dead
I'm kind of stuck on the 5-6-7 upgrade path. I wonder if my 6+ battery is going to last until the 7s plus comes out, I dont feel like paying $900 or whatever for a 6s+ without an upgrade.
Really, man? The battery is fine.

Branson

According to Apple when I sent it in its fine. I mean, who knows two years down the line. These batteries dont exactly have the best record of lasting much longer than that at any modest usage. My 5 was pretty useless by the time I got a 6+.

I don't understand some of the complaints in this thread.

Why are you ordering through the carriers' shitty websites instead of directly from Apple? You'll activate the phone all the same anyway.

I ordered my 64GB 6S this afternoon with release day delivery. Simple, effortless.

I feel like I'm missing something.

Yeah, the $120 T-Mobile discount... vs. the time spent on the phone, and the anxiety caused not knowing if you'll get a phone launch day is IMO not worth it. Everyone is different, but I value my time and peace of mind much more than $120.

That being said, as someone who plans to switch to T-Mobile from ATT, this is not a good look for them. Not impressed. Hopefully I'll never have to deal with them directly.

Hey guys -

I was able to order an iPhone 6s Plus last night to be delivered on 9/25. I bought it out of contract but the Verizon version. I am living in Canada now but on a US plan and was curious to know if Apple will cancel my order if I moved to Rogers on my existing iPhone 6 Plus and just used the 6s Plus on Rogers later.

The only reason I ask is because the order is technically pulling up my Verizon info.

Any idea anyone?

No clue on this, but how are you liking Canada compared to Texas?

MRSA

Banned
Well T-Mobile is garbage, they cancelled my order and told me to reorder tomorrow. They gave me $100 credit, luckily I anticipated this and reserved a phone through Apple at the same time last night with when I was preordering with T-Mobile as a backup plan. Basically got the T-Mobile discount and buying through Apple.

nahlakhai

Well T-Mobile is garbage, they cancelled my order and told me to reorder tomorrow. They gave me $100 credit, luckily I anticipated this and reserved a phone through Apple at the same time last night with when I was preordering with T-Mobile as a backup plan. Basically got the T-Mobile discount and buying through Apple.

The amount of Tmo hate in this thread is ridiculous. You'll be able to reorder tomorrow and you got a double discount essentially. They told me that all orders made before Monday should be a part of that release day shipment.

EDIT: And if they don't get you the phone on release day, I'm sure you can complain and get more hookups.

MRSA

Banned
The amount of Tmo hate in this thread is ridiculous. You'll be able to reorder tomorrow and you got a double discount essentially. They told me that all orders made before Monday should be a part of that release day shipment.

EDIT: And if they don't get you the phone on release day, I'm sure you can complain and get more hookups.

The hate is because I did everything right by their archaic standards.

kingocfs

T-Mobile has been going HAM this weekend though with the free storage upgrades for no apparent reason. They've been asking for at least $100 down payment for the extra storage but this weekend they're like nah we got you.

Get this. I talked to T-Mobile today and they basically want me to pay the entire phone upfront except for 16 cents and finance that on jump on demand lol. On the bright side I would get a space grey 64gb s6+ for around $680.

Aurizen

Jump on Demand. It's same as Apple's leasing program except it's about $20 a month. You can buy the phone after 18 months for however much.

Ohh I see! So 20 a month do you still do payments after the 18 months and it'll eventually be yours? like T-Mobile EIP?

Namikaze

Is it a good idea to sell my current iP6 on eBay? I think I could get a good $400-$500 for it but theres no guarantee someone won't try to claim it arrived broken or whatever. I want my money.

Is it a good idea to sell my current iP6 on eBay? I think I could get a good $400-$500 for it but theres no guarantee someone won't try to claim it arrived broken or whatever. I want my money.

This is which of the large retailers are doing cash trade ins and what they are offering. The only one missing is Gamestop and that's because they offer absolute fucking garbage cash rates for phones and offer marginally acceptable rates for store credit. You won't get as much as selling privately but the turnaround is quick, the hassles are few and the cash guaranteed.

APPLE HAS UPDATED THEIR SPEC SHEET FOR THE 6S AND 6S PLUS:

http://www.apple.com/iphone-6s/specs/

Model A1633*
Model A1634*
LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30)
TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41)
TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)
UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

Model A1688*
Model A1687*
LTE (Bands 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 12, 13, 17, 18, 19, 20, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29)
TD-LTE (Bands 38, 39, 40, 41)
TD-SCDMA 1900 (F), 2000 (A)
CDMA EV-DO Rev. A (800, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
UMTS/HSPA+/DC-HSDPA (850, 900, 1700/2100, 1900, 2100 MHz)
GSM/EDGE (850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz)

So now the ONLY difference is that the AT&T model includes Band 30. Otherwise every carrier is selling a phone that works equally well on GSM and CDMA networks, both in the US and internationally as long as it is carrier unlocked

Anustart

I've never seen work so busy as it was today. I work for tmobile, not retail though. Came in to the office to work 10 hours today, company was giving 25$ more per hour to work this weekend.

I've never seen work so busy as it was today. I work for tmobile, not retail though. Came in to the office to work 10 hours today, company was giving 25$ more per hour to work this weekend.

Did you work last year on iPhone day? The lady I spoke to on the phone said they weren't as busy this year, but they expect a lot of business on the actual day of release this time around for whatever reason.

I'm really looking forward to the 6S teardowns and reviews, especially the Anandtech one (even though it won't be the same without Anand Lai Shimpal actually doing the review).

KHarvey16

Ordered a space gray 64GB 6S from AT&T to keep my unlimited and it went perfectly smoothly. Was surprised. Also my monthly charge went down for some reason despite keeping everything the same.

Rootbeer

Banned
I'm really looking forward to the 6S teardowns and reviews, especially the Anandtech one (even though it won't be the same without Anand Lai Shimpal actually doing the review).

almost every source seems to think it has 2GB of ram... i hope it get confirmed first thing on the 25th.

Hattori

Banned
It just occurred to me, with the 6S twins being identical (except for OIS), the smaller variant will once again be the better performer.

Gold or space gray brehs. I can't decide.

That's easy to decide. Do you want a white bezel around the screen or a black one? Most think black makes the screen look better, but some like the way the white "pops". Start with the bezel. You want black, you get space gray. You want white, then choose the back of gold, white, or rose gold.

It just occurred to me, with the 6S twins being identical (except for OIS), the smaller variant will once again be the better performer.
I'm really interested to see how the regular and Plus differences get shaken up in the iPhone 7 generation. Surely screen size and battery life will continue to be a thing, but display quality differences may get tweaked and I suspect we could end up seeing the Plus model get a better-clocked processor.

Fjordson

That's easy to decide. Do you want a white bezel around the screen or a black one? Most think black makes the screen look better, but some like the way the white "pops". Start with the bezel. You want black, you get space gray. You want white, then choose the back of gold, white, or rose gold.

Grey. Having a white border around the screen does not seem like a good idea at all.
Yeah, guess I'll go space gray. Switch it up from my white 5.

Namikaze

This is which of the large retailers are doing cash trade ins and what they are offering. The only one missing is Gamestop and that's because they offer absolute fucking garbage cash rates for phones and offer marginally acceptable rates for store credit. You won't get as much as selling privately but the turnaround is quick, the hassles are few and the cash guaranteed.

You could sell on Swappa.

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Seems like the best choice for me would probably be trading it in at the Apple Store (if I go to my appointment lol).

Ordered a space gray 64GB 6S from AT&T to keep my unlimited and it went perfectly smoothly. Was surprised. Also my monthly charge went down for some reason despite keeping everything the same.

I ordered the same phone today through AT&T Premier. Did anyone that ordered their phone through AT&T get an estimated ship date earlier than October? Mine is set for the middle of October, but I know from experience, this is probably completely off.

KHarvey16

I ordered the same phone today through AT&T Premier. Did anyone that ordered their phone through AT&T get an estimated ship date earlier than October? Mine is set for the middle of October, but I know from experience, this is probably completely off.

I must have just snuck in, but I ordered around 3PM EST and have a Sept 25th delivery date.

Ordered a 64gb S+ from at&t but they are giving me a ship date of Oct 16, any chance they will bump it up to the 25th? I did kinda order late in the game.

I ordered right at the open and I have the same date, as does almost everyone in here who ordered from AT&T. Others have said it's not an accurate date, which I hope is true.

I'm kind of stuck on the 5-6-7 upgrade path. I wonder if my 6+ battery is going to last until the 7s plus comes out, I dont feel like paying $900 or whatever for a 6s+ without an upgrade.

If you are stuck on the 5-6-7 path then why are you wondering about the 7s? You should be wondering about the 7, no?

My 6+ battery was great for about six months, basically getting 10 hours. But now it lasts 6, 6.5 at most. Truly terrible.

The screen on the 6s+ is 1080p, so it's not identical.

Nope, standard 2yr with the subsidy.

Wait, your monthly charges went down by doing this? We got switched to a Mobile Share plan a few months ago and our plan is going up $15/month because I got a 2-year contract phone as opposed to a NEXT phone. I knew this, so I'm not complaining, but I am shocked that your plan went down. Doesn't make sense! Are you on Mobile Share?

etta

my hard graphic balls
Man, the prices in Canada are getting out of hand, at least for students. Looks like I will have to keep my 6 and wait for 7. I just hope the loonie won't devalue any further -_-.

KHarvey16

Wait, your monthly charges went down by doing this? We got switched to a Mobile Share plan a few months ago and our plan is going up $15/month because I got a 2-year contract phone as opposed to a NEXT phone. I knew this, so I'm not complaining, but I am shocked that your plan went down. Doesn't make sense! Are you on Mobile Share?

No mobile share, but I found what was doing it: user error. The order page shows you what they call a total cost, but leaves out the fees, taxes and surcharges. False alarm!

Kintaco

As expected, got my EIP earlier tonight and it's only showing one phone, missing my wife's phone and I even received a call from Tmobile to verify some information before receiving the EIP.

It also is showing the current $24/mo rate for the 6S Plus rather than the $19/mo rate I signed up under last a couple of weeks ago that was supposed to transfer over. Anyone else do the JoD offer for $15/mo or $19/mo? What rate does it show on your new EIP? The fine prints makes it seem like they will adjust the monthly price accordingly so maybe I'm good on my phone, just need the EIP for my wife now.

If you exercise your JUMP! ON DEMAND upgrade option and lease a qualifying iPhone from us, we may adjust the amount of your monthly bill credit such that your monthly lease payment for a standard-model device is $15.00 and your monthly lease payment for a Plus-model device is $19.00, in each case plus any applicable taxes.

Top Bottom