• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
The thing about most people is they have shit taste in phone cases.
Every time I see an otterbox on an iPhone, a little of me dies inside.

There are only a few options that look as elegant as the iPhone itself. No case, an Apple case (their silicone cases are surprisingly high quality), or one of those 'feather'-like cases such as the Caudabe veil or Spigen 'hardly there' cases.

Otherwise...goddamn why even bother.

/snob

Wreav

Banned

There are only a few options that look as elegant as the iPhone itself. No case, an Apple case (their silicone cases are surprisingly high quality), or one of those 'feather'-like cases such as the Caudabe veil or Spigen 'hardly there' cases.

/snob

giphy.gif

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Always used a case, never had a broken screen.

A broken screen is the clearest sign of poverty in america.

Not a sign of poverty when you just go to an Apple Store with a bill to get it replaced. Takes hardly any time at all.

I like having my phone in a holster and nowadays it seems like the only real way to do that is to buy a case that comes with one. I keep my keys in my front left and wallet in my front right pockets. I do a lot of sitting at work, so having stuff in my back pockets wouldn't be comfortable.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
It was tricky for me when I was trying to preorder my 6s+ Saturday morning through ATT and wanting to keep my grandfathered unlimited data 2 year contract plan. I was pissed when I had to select a different plan after I picked the phone then selected my cart and found that I had the option to keep my Nation 450 + rollover + data. I had to add unlimited messaging because I was doing the $5 for 200.

If I get a case\bumper that tunewear frameXframe looks pretty sweet. Might even do a different color like gold with the space grey. Make it look interesing haha

Thanks - was able to figure it out. I ended up cancelling my "no contract" option. While the delivery date for AT&T was about a week different, it saves us $250. So...

Branson

Not a sign of poverty when you just go to an Apple Store with a bill to get it replaced. Takes hardly any time at all.
I like how everyone assumes, and this is everywhere I've read, that Apple Stores are as plentiful as Walmarts. The closest one to me is 3 hours away.

I've been getting white iPhones since the 5, love em. Black faced phones just look dated to me now. On the 5s especially, it looked and felt like milkglass, which was a treat.

I always thought white front looked better too but I'm going space grey here on my first. I think the black front only looks dated if one hides the thin bezels with a giant case to the point you only see the black front (and it looks fatter, like older models).

Kibbles

#TeamNoCase

Just don't drop your phone, and experience your iPhone in the way it was designed and meant to be felt.
I would, but I want to keep the resale value high so I'm probably gonna get a Cinder and a case. Might put a back screen protector on while its in the case so the accumulated dust and what not that gets in cases doesn't scratch the back either. :p thinking about getting the magpul field case.

Agent_J

Always used a case, never had a broken screen.

A broken screen is the clearest sign of poverty in america.
No. Some people don't care about how it looks just so long as it works. Not all of us are conceited and snobby about a phone.

I dont use cases and since the 4S I've never had an issue. But if it did crack I wouldn't care if it still worked.

Enco

#TeamNoCase

Just don't drop your phone, and experience your iPhone in the way it was designed and meant to be felt.
Easier said than done.

A slim case with some protection >>> naked

Naked is all fun and games until the slippery phone slips out of your hands and you end up wasting money on a repair. I'm good thanks.

No. Some people don't care about how it looks just so long as it works. Not all of us are conceited and snobby about a phone.

I dont use cases and since the 4S I've never had an issue. But if it did crack I wouldn't care if it still worked.
A cracked screen doesn't ruin a phone, but a case does?

Not every case looks like this:

AppleCare+ is getting way too expensive for me to justify getting it anymore. Especially with JOD possibly getting me a new phone every year. I dropped my phone twice in a relatively short period with the 4S but ever since I got these Chinese made bumpers on my 5S I haven't had any trouble. $129 for 2 years and $99 for the actual replacement in the case of a drop is ridiculous.

I'm confused too. Forty bucks for the honor of having an ugly logo prominently splayed across the back, thereby ruining the whole point of a clear case to show off the phone?
Some of the clear cases look gross.

Like when they add these designs on the clear backs:

Agent_J

A cracked screen doesn't ruin a phone, but a case does?

Not every case looks like this:

I...didn't say that lol
I personally just don't like the added bulk and weight. Even the slim cases bother me because once I take them off I always feel the weight difference.
And if I did shatter my phone it only costs me $79 straight from apple to get a new one. Why spend half of that on a case?

Enco

I...didn't say that lol
I personally just don't like the added bulk and weight. Even the slim cases bother me because once I take them off I always feel the weight difference.
And if I did shatter my phone it only costs me $79 straight from apple to get a new one. Why spend half of that on a case?
That's fair enough.

I like a slim case because I want to put my phone down anywhere. I put it down on kitchen surfaces and although I try to keep it clean, the back will undoubtedly touch something dirty. I'd rather the real phone back doesn't touch it.
Anyone use the Apple leather case? I'm think I'll go with leather this time.
I've tried it in store and it seemed ok. People seem to really like them too. I decided to stick with a plastic/TPU case though. Not willing to spend Apple prices on a case. Plus I want to see the back of my phone.

Agent_J

That's fair enough.

I like a slim case because I want to put my phone down anywhere. I put it down on kitchen surfaces and although I try to keep it clean, the back will undoubtedly touch something dirty. I'd rather the real phone back doesn't touch it.

I've tried it in store and it seemed ok. People seem to really like them too. I decided to stick with a plastic/TPU case though. Not willing to spend Apple prices on a case. Plus I want to see the back of my phone.

Lol funny enough I used to do the same. I bought a case specifically so I can put my phone down, ended up hating the extra bulk and the extra weight and didn't like how it felt in my pocket so I said fuck it and stopped caring about the scratches.

alterno69

Banned
I have the spigen case on my 6+, barely there and makes it easier to hold/harder ti slip.

Edit: Had my 5 naked for a couple of years, dropoed a ton of times but the screen never broke, lots of scracthes tho.

Anything beyond that looks tacky IMO.

Enco

Lol funny enough I used to do the same. I bought a case specifically so I can put my phone down, ended up hating the extra bulk and the extra weight and didn't like how it felt in my pocket so I said fuck it and stopped caring about the scratches.
Not worried about resale value?

I feel like the resale value and seeing constant scratches would really annoy me.

/snob

I'm in the Army and have hethens for kids so an Otterbox prevents me from having to walk around with a cracked screen all the time and improves resale value drastically.

I've used Otterbox cases since the iPhone 4 and S3.

It also helps with holding the phone imo.

#TeamNoCase

Lol please. It doesn't even take much to drop and crack a phone nowadays. My iPhone 6 slipped out my pocket when I was kneeling down (wasn't even a hard fall in the slightest) and I had a crack on my screen that I had to pay for. I'd rather minimize the risk as much as possible so I won't have to dish out unnecessary money.

Vyer

I...didn't say that lol

It used to cost more. And while I understand that some people need something like an otter box, not all cases are like that. Mine cost $15, and offers some protection without weighing it down. Also reduces scratches and dents, which would in turn hurt resale value.

Totally understand the desire to go caseless and that's perfectly fine. But there are plenty of valid reasons to use one too.

freshair

I have that Speck clear case in my Amazon cart.

It was either that or the Spigen Ultra Hybrid (clear with colored sides) but Speck claims to have a new manufacturing process that eliminates the yellowing, which is a big problem on clear cases. I'll give it a shot and I'm a fan of their candyshell line and they have one of the highest front lips at ~1mm

RDreamer

Would explain why I can find the 6s but no 6s plus in any apple stores around me for the apple upgrade plan.

http://9to5mac.com/2015/09/14/kgi-iphone-6s-plus-constraints-due-to-display-production-issues/

nearly all of the larger, 5.5-inch iPhone 6s Plus models are now scheduled to deliver in 3-4 weeks for new orders.

They are now scheduled to deliver that late? I ordered 3 minutes after it went live and it was already scheduled to deliver that late.

I purchased the Spigen Rose Gold NHEX bumper for my mother and sister and later noticed that almost every Amazon review had a "I received this product at a discount/free in exchange for an honest & unbiased review" sentence at the end.

Why does Amazon allow this stuff still? I know it can be beneficial for up and coming businesses but a company like Spigen doesn't need a whole bunch of 5 star reviews just because it has a new product.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Turquoise Silicone case with Space Grey 6S looks ace. I got one of those in addition to a black leather case. To go along with that, I got a Turqoise Sports band for my Apple Watch which matches the silicone case exactly. So nice.

Kintaco

Might do the 2 pack for my wife and I. Looks pretty damn good. Are there really no other aluminum cases/bumpers out there?

I purchased the Spigen Rose Gold NHEX bumper for my mother and sister and later noticed that almost every Amazon review had a "I received this product at a discount/free in exchange for an honest & unbiased review" sentence at the end.

Why does Amazon allow this stuff still? I know it can be beneficial for up and coming businesses but a company like Spigen doesn't need a whole bunch of 5 star reviews just because it has a new product.
I see this more and more now on Amazon. I'm not entirely bothered by them, I'm bothered because I'm not getting the freebies myself. WTF. On a serious note I bought the Rose Gold one, but it was only $3.50 or so, and I trust Spigen, I love their cases.

I think I'm gonna cancel my 6s+ and get a normal 6s after using my moto X pure for a while and going back to my 6 plus I forgot how awful it is to use.

Turquoise Silicone case with Space Grey 6S looks ace. I got one of those in addition to a black leather case. To go along with that, I got a Turqoise Sports band for my Apple Watch which matches the silicone case exactly. So nice.

Like your taste. I will note this as an alternative if I have to get a "full" case after all.

I think I'm gonna cancel my 6s+ and get a normal 6s after using my moto X pure for a while and going back to my 6 plus I forgot how awful it is to use.
I'm a bit hesitant in my 6s+ decision too. what is most difficult about it? Should I be worried if I'm coming from a LG G3?

Sorry Philly peeps, just learned fed ex/UPS will not be delivering at all on Friday the 25th nor the following monday. Hopefully stores in your area get it earlier.

Social

featherlight Incipio is still the only way to go for me. So thin, such a good feel to it, and protects very well since it survived many drops so far.

xsarien

daedsiluap
I've noticed that I'm a *hell* of a lot more careful with my phone if it's not in a case.

That said, that camera sticks out pretty badly, I may want to get something just so the damned thing doesn't get scratched.

featherlight Incipio is still the only way to go for me. So thin, such a good feel to it, and protects very well since it survived many drops so far.

Same one I'm getting. Ordered an iPhone 6 Incipio Feather for my 6S, as the dimensions seem to be okay and within spec. We'll see how it goes next Friday. I emailed Incipio and the lady replied saying that they don't have the specifications yet which is completely weird but whatever.

Top Bottom