• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

gruenel

Thinking about getting one of these nice handmade leather pouches for my 6s.

il_fullxfull.769516551_erq5.jpg
il_fullxfull.769474776_fd1y.jpg

Looking classy.

I've noticed that I'm a *hell* of a lot more careful with my phone if it's not in a case.

That said, that camera sticks out pretty badly, I may want to get something just so the damned thing doesn't get scratched.

The lens is made of sapphire glass, it's near impossible to scratch.

Fjordson

I've noticed that I'm a *hell* of a lot more careful with my phone if it's not in a case.

That said, that camera sticks out pretty badly, I may want to get something just so the damned thing doesn't get scratched.
As someone who is still on the 5, I've been wondering about this.

To anyone with the 6/6+, isn't the camera at risk with sticking out slightly like it does?

Squalor

As someone who is still on the 5, I've been wondering about this.

To anyone with the 6/6+, isn't the camera at risk with sticking out slightly like it does?
Hahahahahaha.

The lens is made of sapphire. You're not going to scratch it. It's more likely to break, but you'd have to drop it at a really weird angle to do that. If you've never broken a screen on one of your iPhones, you're never breaking the lens on the 6es.

The only issue you'll have is if you care that it wobbles slightly when you lay the phone on its back.

I don't take any chances with those cases that leave the top and bottom exposed. Any exposed edges that can be damaged will be damaged. I have this case on my nexus 5 and it's worked perfectly. If i get the 62 i'll go with this case

Fjordson

Hahahahahaha.

The lens is made of sapphire. You're not going to scratch it. It's more likely to break, but you'd have to drop it at a really weird angle to do that. If you've never broken a screen on one of your iPhones, you're never breaking the lens on the 6es.

The only issue you'll have is if you care that it wobbles slightly when you lay the phone on its back.
Okay, that makes sense. I guess there would've been some sort of "cameragate" if it had been a real issue lol.

Shun

That looks nothing like it.

frame-x-frame-shock-mount.jpg

versus

That was the one for the 5S which was amazing by the way. Loved that they gave us different rubber inner frames to customise.

This is the 6/6S+ Frame x Frame which looks similar and already available for purchase.

Both this and the K11 are pretty nice solutions to those who want a clean, camouflage case for their phone. You can't go wrong with either with how thin and durable they are.
Only thing is that the Tunewear Frame x Frame has their logo but it does come with screen protectors, a stand strap, and a whole for you to put on strap accessories.

Hahaha bunch of people yellin' at me on Reddit that I'm actually wrong and that you'll be able to do the iPhone Upgrade Program even on a carrier contract

They're going to be super disappointed come launch day

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know of a good sleeve they use for their iPhone 6 right now? I prefer using a phone without a case, but I also don't mind having a sleeve to protect it while it's in my pocket.

gruenel

What a pain in the ass this looks like.

Looks ridiculously inconvenient.

Well yeah it works like a sleeve, so you have to take it out before usage.

I've been doing this for the past 4 years, it's not really a problem to me, but I can see that it's not for everybody.

I just prefer to use my iPhones naked but still want some protection when carrying it around.

dude said he has all four colors for each phone coming for review...

insane :|

maybe review units but I didn't know apple sent out all colors like that (and of each model, to a single reviewer)

I've seen some of his videos (they are well done for sure), and he typically gets all of the models with the high-end configurations.

Edit: I just read his Twitter and he ordered 8 phones! I'm assuming 1 of each color for the 6S and 6S+.

Hey guys! I'm joining Verizon on Thursday and need some advice. The iPhone 6 went down $100 and was thinking of nabbing it, but is the 6S worth it instead? I don't see much difference other than the 3D screen and minor adjustments.

Shenmue

Banned
I was super mad at T-Mobile because they botched my preorder (made it an EIP instead of JOD) and I had to spend about 3 hours on the phone and twitter and then had to go into a store and spend another 2 hours just to get my order in on Sunday.

However, after writing an email to the John Legere email, their corporate office called me and made everything right. Since my original order was placed a couple of minutes after midnight, they are putting me right up at the front to receive the phone and credited me $100. On top of the promotion already, this will be the cheapest iPhone I've ever gotten (if you don't factor all the time wasted out of my weekend).

So if any of you guys are having issues and have tried literally everything to get Customer Service to help, I'd definitely recommend shooting an email to John.

Wreav

Banned
Hey guys! I'm joining Verizon on Thursday and need some advice. The iPhone 6 went down $100 and was thinking of nabbing it, but is the 6S worth it instead? I don't see much difference other than the 3D screen and minor adjustments.

6S is worth it for the doubled RAM alone, friend. 6 already has major app/safari refresh issues with that 1gb.

RDreamer

As someone else said, it's got double the ram.

How long are you planning on having the phone? Because if you're planning on more than a year or even two years it's absolutely worth it. It's just 100 bucks. That's really not that much to have a better phone for two years. That's my opinion anyway.

Shun

Has anyone dropped their phone with a frame x frame on? $40 is really pricey for a case.

I've had with their 5S one and that one was a bit more expensive than the current 6S version.

I didn't test at 2 metres like the video but I did do 5-6 drops at 100-150cm and it worked perfectly, no scratch no crack. This thing does not come off with normal usage at all. Needed a bit of force to take it off but no internal scratch because rubber inside.

I would take a photo or something but my 5S is the only camera I have at the moment. I'm recommending the Frame x Frame off pretty good experience with Tunewear's products over the past few years. Great company that sells stuff to the Japanese market and the rest of Asia.

I think they have stuff like frame x frame for samsung and Xperia too.

Looking closer though the K11 looks almost identical to the Frame x Frame, even the rubber and aluminium placing and button placement is near identical with 1 or 2 differences. It's been done before.

Shenmue

Banned

If you are just getting the regular 6 and not the 6 Plus, the RAM I don't think will make a HUGE difference. From most 6 owners, it seems like for whatever reason, it does better than the 6 Plus on just 1gig of RAM (maybe because of the smaller screen?).

If you were going to go for the Plus though, definitely get the S version. The original 6 Plus is a complete piece of shit with its lag and constant need to reload apps because the 1gig of RAM is exhausted. If you thought Android phones were janky, you haven't seen anything until you've used the 6 Plus.

I've had my 6 Plus for a year and I'm not normally an upgrade every year kind of guy. It tells you how bad of a user experience this phone has that I immediately jumped on the 6s Plus.

Kysen

My last 3 phones have always been in a case, helps retain value. My current 6 is in mint condition, no scratches/scuffs anywhere.

Maximus.

Okay, that makes sense. I guess there would've been some sort of "cameragate" if it had been a real issue lol.

I have never had an issue with my 6 camera getting damaged and my phone is case less. If it was an issue, you would deff hear about it. I feel that the 6 is a much more durable phone because there is no glass on the back. Wonder how much stronger the new glass on the 6S will be.

Top Bottom