• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Lol whats the story behind this? Sorry I haven't read the past couple of pages

I tried ordering 2 phones at midnight.
Ended up taking 5 days and something like 15 orders attempts to happen.

Kept getting errors and people who couldn't do anything about the errors. Even the store manager in my area couldn't override the errors.

The executive team got stuff done.

SegaShack

Maybe that's it, I got the black leather one and I love it plenty. Pretty scuffed up though after a year, might have to get a new one

That's the big question! We don't know if doing the iPhone Upgrade Program requires activation on a carrier, or if you can do it while still being on a 2 year/device payment plan contract. We should know more info in the coming days

That would be the only payment plan Apple as a company offers: http://www.apple.com/shop/iphone/iphone-upgrade-program

I'll also say that in February the 2 year contract and the device payment would obviously only come into play if you DIDN'T get a 6S before that. You can keep on going contract-free at that point or switch to someone else

This is also true. If you switch to T-Mobile and buy a phone from them, they'll pay your early termination fees. There's a few more terms and conditions that to be honest I've never read despite my interest in switching to T-Mobile. I'd either call them or stop by a store to get the whole scoop

Thank you very much, I was looking at my options and ended up just buying the T-Mobile Phone outright from the Apple Store website. The Verizon specific version charges a $40 "activation fee" but the T Mobile one that apparently should work the exact same charged no activation fee.

Anyone else order a 6S+ through AT&T. Did it so I could keep my unlimited plan, and I only upgrade every couple of years anyway. Any thoughts on whether the rumors about supply chain issues or low stock mean that the current estimated dates for mid-October become firm dates?

I pre-ordered at about 3:30 CST on the 12th by the way, so about 30-40 minutes after pre-orders opened up.

I'm pretty sure those dates are simply placeholders. There could very well be supply chain issues but I doubt there is any correlation. Every phone I've purchased through AT&T had dates that were way off.

Thank you very much, I was looking at my options and ended up just buying the T-Mobile Phone outright from the Apple Store website. The Verizon specific version charges a $40 "activation fee" but the T Mobile one that apparently should work the exact same charged no activation fee.

Yep. Get the phone, pop in your SIM card, and go to town

You'll have to activate the new phone on your account, but that's pretty easy. Direction are on their site, or you should be able to call in and do it over the phone

Katori

I opened a new line on T-Mobile (switching from Verizon), is it possible for me to see when my preorder will ship? I preodered Sunday morning.

I tried using the order number provided in my device financing agreement email, in conjunction with my billing ZIP and last name, but it doesn't work.

So ATT customers can still get the subsidy online or in person directly from ATT? What is the pricing on the 6S? The standard $199 for 16GB, $299 for 64GB?

So ATT customers can still get the subsidy online or in person directly from ATT? What is the pricing on the 6S? The standard $199 for 16GB, $299 for 64GB?
Pricing is the same as always $199/$299/$399. You can only get the subsidized two-year contract price by ordering online at AT&T's website.

If you go to an AT&T store they'll just do it online for you, since that's the only place

And yes, those are the prices for a normal 6S

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Nice, how long did it take you to get a response?

I sent off the email last night and received a call this evening, so a little less than a day.
When I received the call the person was knowledgeable about my situation, had read and understood my email, and researched my account. This made for a pretty quick conversation which was right to the point and solved my problem.

I sent off the email last night and received a call this evening, so a little less than a day.
When I received the call the person was knowledgeable about my situation, had read and understood my email, and researched my account. This made for a pretty quick conversation which was right to the point and solved my problem.

Nice. Did you provide account details in your email or just name and phone number?

SegaShack

Anyone else who ordered the 6s Plus online also see that it won't ship for a few weeks? These things must be selling really well. Doesn't bother me though since I don't need to have it release day or anything.

Yep. Get the phone, pop in your SIM card, and go to town

You'll have to activate the new phone on your account, but that's pretty easy. Direction are on their site, or you should be able to call in and do it over the phone

Great, looking forward to getting the phone. I feel a bit strange to be buying a phone outright, but I think it will be worth it for me in the long run.

Anyways, I appreciate all your help.

iPhone 6S Plus sold out nearly instantly on AT&T's website. I feel like that would indicate a supply issue above anything else especially since the iPhone 6S still has release date delivery.

I mean it definitely could sell out that fast but it feels hard to be believe that the stock disparity is so large between the two models.

iPhone 6S Plus sold out nearly instantly on AT&T's website. I feel like that would indicate a supply issue above anything else especially since the iPhone 6S still has release date delivery.

I mean it definitely could sell out that fast but it feels hard to be believe that the stock disparity is so large between the two models.

Wasn't the same as last year as well? The 6+ sold out super quickly I thought

Aurizen

So how is the 6s plus size wise guys I plan on getting one in the future but I'm coming from a 5 so how will the size difference be while handling it?

It's noticeable at first but you'll either adjust quickly or just not adjust at all. I personally love big screened phones and adjusted quickly to using one. I'd recommend checking it out in a carrier store or an Apple store if you can.

So how is the 6s plus size wise guys I plan on getting one in the future but I'm coming from a 5 so how will the size difference be while handling it?

Go to an apple store if you can and check them out. The cords they have on the display units are long enough that you can even stuff them in your pocket to see how they'd fit. Personally I'm probably going 6S. The Plus is a little too much phone.

Mortemis

Banned
I opened a new line on T-Mobile (switching from Verizon), is it possible for me to see when my preorder will ship? I preodered Sunday morning.

I tried using the order number provided in my device financing agreement email, in conjunction with my billing ZIP and last name, but it doesn't work.

The t-mobile rep that helped me do my pre-order said that I'll get an email thursday saying what my shipping estimate will be. Don't know if that's true, but it's something.

edit: t-mobile order status says they'll have a shipping estimate by the 20th.

Nephtis

Ugghhhhhh

I am trying to justify spending $1000+ for this. The idea of paying that for a phone kinda bothers me. I could either do a great upgrade to my PC, or sound proof my car, or other things like it...

If this thing had a slot for MicroSD the decision would be so much easier.

TxdoHawk

Ugghhhhhh

I am trying to justify spending $1000+ for this. The idea of paying that for a phone kinda bothers me. I could either do a great upgrade to my PC, or sound proof my car, or other things like it...

It's a lot of money, yeah. But for me personally, I'm using cell phones constantly, so IMO when you break down that cost over a year-plus of use, the argument gets much easier. Pretty much the only nice things I own, though, are a car, an (old 2500k-based) desktop and a cell phone.

We have movement on tmobile!

It seems the majority of people who ordered a 6S got the "will ship by 9/24" and all 6S+ will be getting a shipping estimate by 9/20 as they confirm stock with apple.

Yeah I ordered a 6S+ through T-Mobile, hope I get good news Sunday. Like everyone else my order had problems, so who knows what that actually did to my place in line.

freshair

We have movement on tmobile!

It seems the majority of people who ordered a 6S got the "will ship by 9/24" and all 6S+ will be getting a shipping estimate by 9/20 as they confirm stock with apple.

Ezio

Sorry guys newbie question here. I pre ordered the phone off of apples website and I got the Verizon no contract option this paying full retail. I did this because I want to keep my unlimited data. Now my question is when the phone comes in what do I need to do to replace it with my current 5s? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Red

It's a lot of money, yeah. But for me personally, I'm using cell phones constantly, so IMO when you break down that cost over a year-plus of use, the argument gets much easier. Pretty much the only nice things I own, though, are a car, an (old 2500k-based) desktop and a cell phone.
same here. Only own a few nice things, but they all get a lot of use. I'm looking forward to the phone as much as I regret paying for it.

Clipse

For everyone who pre-ordered through Verizon's site: What is your expected ship date?

I pre-ordered around 10am Saturday morning when their site was still saying 9/25 delivery, but I just checked my order status and it's now saying 9/30 as my ship date.

FStop7

Banned
Ugghhhhhh

How much do you use your phone vs. other devices?

I don't use my iPad at all. I don't use my laptop at all, unless I'm traveling. I use my desktop a few hours a day when I'm home. My phone... I use that everywhere. Home, work, on the road. For email, browsing, reading, etc etc.

That's what it really comes down to. It's worth the investment if it's main device you use for communicating, browsing, etc.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
Tmobile is the worst. Still no EIP on the second preorder. And they had to put a $527 hold on my account to supposedly get the preorder done. Oh but don't worry, they will take care of that just as soon as my current phone reaches their warehouse. I can trust them.

But still no eip/order confirmation.

I sent an email off to that John legere email address, I guess we will see if that yields anything.

McHuj

For everyone who pre-ordered through Verizon's site: What is your expected ship date?

I pre-ordered around 10am Saturday morning when their site was still saying 9/25 delivery, but I just checked my order status and it's now saying 9/30 as my ship date.

I don't know what to think. I placed my order at 12am exactly. The email I got said delivery 9/25. When I check my status through the link in the email it says expected ship 9/25. So I don't know what's going on.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Tmobile is the worst. Still no EIP on the second preorder. And they had to put a $527 hold on my account to supposedly get the preorder done. Oh but don't worry, they will take care of that just as soon as my current phone reaches their warehouse. I can trust them.

But still no eip/order confirmation.

I sent an email off to that John legere email address, I guess we will see if that yields anything.

If you ordered through T-Mobile: no EIP documents = no preorder. Don't let the reps fool you into thinking you have an order.

If you are a Jump on Demand customer you shouldn't be paying a single $1 or having anything put on hold for any size or model of the iPhone 6S. The executive team should get you sorted out. Took them 25 minutes to do what customer service couldn't do in 4 days.

Fjordson

Has anyone in the US who ordered straight from Apple.com gotten anything about shipping? Mine still says 9/25 delivery, but it's also still "Processing Items".

Wreav

Banned
My corporate preorder was split into 3 shipments, and of course the one that contains my upgrade was the only one backordered into Oct.

Juice

Got to say I'm disappointed that 6S is somewhat heavier than 6 which was already heavier than 5. The thickness increase is so somall that I'm sure it's unnoticeable, but I don't like that they keep increasing weight. I also heard they have less powerful battery in 6S compared to 6, so I really don't get where the weight increase comes from. On a side note, can't believe they are going with a weaker battery, even if I assume the CPU possibly uses less power.

I'm going from a 6 to a 6S Plus, and undoubtedly the weight is the biggest change to me at 1.22 ounces (26% increase). I'm not sure how well I'll deal. It makes me want to go caseless.

Top Bottom