• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Clipse

I don't know what to think. I placed my order at 12am exactly. The email I got said delivery 9/25. When I check my status through the link in the email it says expected ship 9/25. So I don't know what's going on.
Just talked to customer service. Told me pre-orders placed in the first 5 hours got 9/25 ship dates. Oh well, waiting a few extra days won't kill me.

boxter432

Very cool but I ordered a 6S Plus, does the code work on any of their other cases?

I tried that code on the 6S Plus version of the same case... doesn't work

Oh, searched to see if this was found on slickdeals... everyone on there says it isn't working now.

when I did a similar deal last week, you had to make sure it was sold and fulfilled by spigen, not amazon, so you had to go to other sellers and choose the one that wasn't fulfilled or shipped by amazon. sounds like this one met its limit, by FYI for future deals.

with a similar code I got 2 decent cases and 2 screen protectors for like $12 when it would have been about $60

Something tells me my T-mobile preorder for 6S+ will be delayed quite a bit. Midday saturday order so I will lower my hopes.

On a side note,issed out on amazon spigen sales, would've been nice to pick up a spare rugged case.

xsarien

daedsiluap
That's what I was told, but the website says 9/25 is the expected ship date. Was wondering if everyone who preordered on VZ says that.

Delivery date, yo :)
NpUVBJd.png

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Something tells me my T-mobile preorder for 6S+ will be delayed quite a bit. Midday saturday order so I will lower my hopes.

On a side note,issed out on amazon spigen sales, would've been nice to pick up a spare rugged case.

If it makes you feel any better it was 5pm before they got my 6s+ preorder right.
I am banking on the vast majority of customers getting their orders messed up.

So is anybody going with a screen + back protector?

I just think if I'm paying $500+ for an item I want to keep it as pristine as I possibly can.

If it makes you feel any better it was 5pm before they got my 6s+ preorder right.
I am banking on the vast majority of customers getting their orders messed up.

About 3pm was when I finished talking in-store, only a little better.

Yep, the fact that they were "guaranteeing" 25th delivery at the store for me when we will only find out on the 20th (hopefully) makes me feel uneasy.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
My T-Mobile order has changed to "Waiting for delivery confirmation from Apple on this device. We expect to have a shipping estimate by 9/20."

Pretty sure every 6S+ from T-Mobile says this.
I wonder if there is a crazy shortage of 6S+. Might be a sign that people are jumping to the superior screensize.

Kibbles

Does AT&T overnight the phones? It says ship date of 9/24 and I kinda assumed it was going to be here 9/25 but I just want to double check as I've never ordered online from them.

Can't order mine until the 28th :(

Has the order estimation ever gone beyond 3-4 weeks? I don't want to be waiting until November. (Ordering a 64gb Silver Plus Verizon)

UK - Mine's preparing for dispatch too. Is it normal for them to start preparing for dispatch 8 days before release? Do the first pre-orders ever arrive before release day?

Fjordson

check your credit card or bank account for the charge. it's showing up for a lot of people. if you got one it should change to the next stage soon (maybe a day or so? i dunno)
Oh shit, you're right. Just checked my wells fargo account online and I have a pending charge as of today. Nice!

Are you trying to say that I'm a sheep? Fuck you, guy!!!!!!

-Started on my iPhone, finished on my Macbook Pro using handoff.

Edit: Edited using my iPad Mini 2.

i was getting my new plan at the att store and the girl at the counter was trying to sell me on her galaxy and shit. i flashed her my watch and said -

1koIWj8.gif

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
i was getting my new plan at the att store and the girl at the counter was trying to sell me on her galaxy and shit. i flashed her my watch and said -

http://i.imgur.com/1koIWj8.gif[IMG][/QUOTE]
LOL

Repping Discover. Respect. Their Apple Watch app is dope as fuck.

The only new Apple Product I couldn't give a fuck about is the iPad Pro.

ZeroX03

Banned
So what's the best somebody smashes their screen testing the limits of 3D Touch and we get Touchgate? The stupidity of Bendgate was out of this world, I'm interested to see if it happens again.

Spinifex

So what's the best somebody smashes their screen testing the limits of 3D Touch and we get Touchgate? The stupidity of Bendgate was out of this world, I'm interested to see if it happens again.

I loved Bendgate. 'I'm barely applying any pressure at all!" *hands visibly shaking and straining*

So is anybody going with a screen + back protector?

I just think if I'm paying $500+ for an item I want to keep it as pristine as I possibly can.

what's the point of keeping it pristine if you're never actually going to use it pristine?

tempered glass screen protector, maybe. back protector is insane overkill — at that point just get a case.

riotous

Banned
I'd be surprised if their wasn't something like that; it's the nature of electronics to have a few percent fail out of the box.. and combine the fact it's pretty much the hottest electronic device ever + sold to a large percentage of people who use and post on the internet = enough anectdotal evidence to drive every armchair commenter wild.

Lima

UK - Mine's preparing for dispatch too. Is it normal for them to start preparing for dispatch 8 days before release? Do the first pre-orders ever arrive before release day?

Yes. Your phone will likely be dispatched on Monday or Tuesday directly from China as you can see in the tracking. Takes a couple of days and then the phones are kept in the hub of the delivery company (usually big pallets with a big red warning: Do not deliver before 25/9 on it). And of course TNT, FedEx, UPS etc. know the deal by the now with delivering iPhones.

Vyer

watching people who had no real interest in getting the phone go batshit with hysteria and 'concern' was embarrassing.

Some Youtuber out there is just praying it's their turn to make some money.

Draper

watching people who had no real interest in getting the phone go batshit with hysteria and 'concern' was embarrassing.

Some Youtuber out there is just praying it's their turn to make some money.

You guys seem oddly preemptively defensive.

SegaShack

iPhone 6S Plus sold out nearly instantly on AT&T's website. I feel like that would indicate a supply issue above anything else especially since the iPhone 6S still has release date delivery.

I mean it definitely could sell out that fast but it feels hard to be believe that the stock disparity is so large between the two models.
Interesting how fast it sold out. I wonder if it will be like Apple Watch where the late estimates were way off (would say shipping in june, but people got it in early may).

Top Bottom