• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

kaskade

Have we figured out if you can do the iPhone upgrade program while on a Verizon contract yet? Most people seem to say that you'll be able to since it's independent of carriers (minus activation).

Scarphace

Here's Ledgers tweets

I'm about to make the new #iPhone6s even more accessible on @tmobile... And I’ll tell you how once this tweet gets 300 retweets!
That was fast. Here we go… 1/ @tmobile customers are pumped to get the new #iPhone6s –preorders up >30% over last year! #WeWontStop
2/ @tmobile already has the best deal out there for customers to get a new #iPhone6s – and like clockwork, the other guys are messing w/ you
3/ It happens every time - they try to lure you and lock you into their service with confusing deals. It’s, say it with me now, ********!
4/ How does getting the new #iPhone6s for as little as $5/month or $10/month sound on @tmobile w/ #JUMPonDemand?! OK - DONE!
5/ On Friday, you can get the new #iPhone6s at @tmobile w/ #JUMPonDemand for $5, $10 or $15/month - depending on model and trade-in #BOOM
6/ YES – you read it right! Trade-in an iPhone6 & get a new #iPhone6s for $5/mth or trade-in your iPhone5s & get a new one for $10/mth!
7/ Let me answer your next question – Yes! You can take advantage of this offer if you’ve already pre-ordered with a trade-in. ;)
8/ Want to own your iPhone? OK. You’re still getting the best deal from us. We’re the ONLY wireless co. offering the #iPhone6s at a discount
9/ Pair our Extended Range LTE (band 12 / 700Mhz) with the new iPhone6s + our #LifetimeCoverageGuarantee and you're SET UP!! #uncarrier

Roo

N62AhfW.gif

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
They claim to be uncarrier, but all this confusing bullshit is quite carrier like.

Does it count as me trading in a 6+ when it is just the JOD Amped phone I just got a month ago?

Shenmue

Banned
Any talk of how much the 6s+ payments would be with a trade in? Currently JOD on a 128gb is $22. Even if it was $5 a month with a tradein it wouldn't be worth it as my phone is worth more than $306 dollars.

They claim to be uncarrier, but all this confusing bullshit is quite carrier like.

Does it count as me trading in a 6+ when it is just the JOD Amped phone I just got a month ago?
That one is the $15 a month quote.
The $10 one is if you trade in an iphone 5s
The $5 is if someone trade in an iphone 6 not in jod.

Red

Are these prices a lock for the lifetime of a jump on demand plan? Like if my wife went for a 6s now, then later upgraded to a 7, is she still paying $5/month?

Shenmue

Banned

Ah so the trade in is not counting a previous jod phone? Would make sense since the $15 a month quote is already a promo for people who just jumped onto jod a month ago.

Are these prices a lock for the lifetime of a jump on demand plan? Like if my wife went for a 6s now, then later upgraded to a 7, is she still paying $5/month?
Dont have that type of information yet. Ill probably have it tomorrow. Or maybe they will release a statement tonight.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth

This makes sense.

So it isn't really a deal, it is just what they are paying you for a trade in?

So they are paying you $27-5=$22/month times 18 months $396. Well, even less since the current deal is $20/month so $270 for a 6 tradein.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

But remember existing jod customers can use this too.
Just watched the live feed on Periscope and he said just swing by a store when your 6s comes in and they will take care of it.

Full prerelease will hit T-Mobile newsroom tomorrow.

Aurizen

Here's Ledgers tweets

I'm about to make the new #iPhone6s even more accessible on @tmobile... And I’ll tell you how once this tweet gets 300 retweets!
That was fast. Here we go… 1/ @tmobile customers are pumped to get the new #iPhone6s –preorders up >30% over last year! #WeWontStop
2/ @tmobile already has the best deal out there for customers to get a new #iPhone6s – and like clockwork, the other guys are messing w/ you
3/ It happens every time - they try to lure you and lock you into their service with confusing deals. It’s, say it with me now, ********!
4/ How does getting the new #iPhone6s for as little as $5/month or $10/month sound on @tmobile w/ #JUMPonDemand?! OK - DONE!
5/ On Friday, you can get the new #iPhone6s at @tmobile w/ #JUMPonDemand for $5, $10 or $15/month - depending on model and trade-in #BOOM
6/ YES – you read it right! Trade-in an iPhone6 & get a new #iPhone6s for $5/mth or trade-in your iPhone5s & get a new one for $10/mth!
7/ Let me answer your next question – Yes! You can take advantage of this offer if you’ve already pre-ordered with a trade-in. ;)
8/ Want to own your iPhone? OK. You’re still getting the best deal from us. We’re the ONLY wireless co. offering the #iPhone6s at a discount
9/ Pair our Extended Range LTE (band 12 / 700Mhz) with the new iPhone6s + our #LifetimeCoverageGuarantee and you're SET UP!! #uncarrier

I really want to buy to own I want to see how much it will be for a discount.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Likely by paying off their trade in first; otherwise would make zero sense.

You haven't been with T-Mobile long. John does crazy stuff that doesn't make sense all the time.

He is already selling a unreleased device at a crazy discount. That in itself doesn't make sense.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I'm pretty sure any phone that a carrier gives you upfront belongs to you and is in your ownership. In the same way that you 100% own a house that is mortgaged.

Sure, but you still owe T-Mobile mobile money for it if you're not done paying it off.

Yaboosh

Super Sleuth
You haven't been with T-Mobile long. John does crazy stuff that doesn't make sense all the time.

He is already selling a unreleased device at a crazy discount. That in itself doesn't make sense.

I mean I would love for you to be right but I really don't think you are.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
I'm inclined to agree here. His 7th tweet wasn't very clear if it applied to existing JoD customers with outstanding leases.

Existing JOD customers are trading a 6 for a 6s which would qualify for the $5 price. Worst case scenario is we call CS and complain till they match the new promo.

You guys lack faith. T-Mobile isn't ATT.

Vyer

tmobile would also pay off what's remaining on, say, NEXT, if you switch, correct? I'd imagine you would have to trade in the device though?

giga

Existing JOD customers are trading a 6 for a 6s which would qualify for the $5 price. Worst case scenario is we call CS and complain till they match the new promo.

You guys lack faith. T-Mobile isn't ATT.
But the reason he's able to offer this is because of the *paid off* phones being traded in, which would hold value. Existing JOD customers have a 6 that TMobile still owns most of the value of. I don't see it happening, but I'd love to be wrong.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
tmobile would also pay off what's remaining on, say, NEXT, if you switch, correct? I'd imagine you would have to trade in the device though?

They are buying out other contracts up to $650 of you give them your old device.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
But the reason he's able to offer this is because of the *paid off* phones being traded in, which would hold value. Existing JOD customers have a 6 that TMobile still owns most of the value of. I don't see it happening, but I'd love to be wrong.

If you think about it is original JoDers traded in an old phone for a $15 per month iPhone 6. He had 0 motivation to let us upgrade to a 6s and to larger storage variants for free even though we didn't own the 6.

I don't think this is so far fetched.

ZeroX03

Banned
do any of you have any experience with the official iphone leather cases? Are they any good for protection?

I found it good for protection with quite a bit of bounce for drops, but stay away from lighter colors. It gets marked and scuffed very easily. Went from the best looking case I've ever had to the ugliest in two months.

giga

If you think about it is original JoDers traded in an old phone for a $15 per month iPhone 6. He had 0 motivation to let us upgrade to a 6s and to larger storage variants for free even though we didn't own the 6.

I don't think this is so far fetched.
I guess we'll see tomorrow.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
do any of you have any experience with the official iphone leather cases? Are they any good for protection?

I've been using the black leather case for my 6 Plus since launch. It looks nice and does what I want it to: prevent the screen from touch flush surfaces when laid on its face and prevent the camera portion from sticking out to the point that the phone has to rest on it when laid on its back.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Best Buy had a deal going on this week with a two year plan from Verizon, get the 6s for $200.

Last week was the 6 for $100 and a two year contract.

Apple really playing games with me:(

First they send an email about my apple care then they send an email about a personal online set up. Still no shipping confirmation:/

freshair

I'm going to have to agree with giga here.

I don't think this applies to those already on (A)JOD who already got locked in to their 15/19 20/24 promo pricing.

Makes no sense to further increase our monthly bill credit and dropping the total price of the phone even further.

Seems like a move to lure in those who didn't get on the preorder train and are on the fence about upgrading.

It only makes sense to trade in a ip6 that you fully paid off to be able to get it for $5/month

Top Bottom