• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Apple iPhone 6S |OT|

Shenmue

Banned
Multitasking is limited to the newest iPad mini and Air 2 (released Friday) .. All other iPads have the crap card based multitasking. Not split screen. My iPad mini can browse GAF, Twitter, and play video at the same time. This functionality would be fantastic on a large iPhone, but will never happen if current Plus owners continue not giving a shit about landscape apps.

What's a good one handed keyboard for the 6+? Is there one that shoves the keys into the left or right side so you can actually reach them with one hand?

Ah I see. I don't think I'd want multitasking on my 6+. Divided in half, the apps would be pretty small despite the bigger screen of the 6+.

I currently use Swype. Like I already said in my previous post, I can only speak for myself. I have no problem reaching the other side of the bezel of the phone with my thumb so I don't have a need to have the keys shifted.

Ninja Dom

Anybody who ordered direct from Apple

Check your order status!!

Mine has moved to Dispatched within the last hour. I was stuck on Preparing For Dispatch for the last week.

Mine has moved to Dispatched within the last hour. I was stuck on Preparing For Dispatch for the last week.

Same! Mine's scheduled to arrive at the office this Friday. UK btw.

Excited.

EDIT: just received a shipment confirmation mail from Apple as well.

Serick

Married Member
I didn't mean to offend anyone... That's just how the post read. If they hated the 6+ and bought the 6S+ anyway they would be hypocrites. And usually after a year people hate the + after initially loving it..

I just feel like more people should be outraged the 6+/6S+ does not work as advertised... People buying the 6S+ after dealing with the 6+ are just perpetuating Apple's false marketing. The landscape home screen, messages and Mail apps mislead many to think there would be gratuitous landscape app support, when in reality there is zero.

I hate landscape and love bigger screens.

/shrugs

Only reason landscape is worth a damn is for watching Netflix.

VoxPop

Still preparing for me. NYC.

49jHHT8.png

Not too anxious this year since it's not for me anyway :p

For Tmobile, If it says shipped, I can stop worrying right? UPS tracking only shows label created :(
I'm stopping by the store to ask about a few things so maybe I'll ask them.

Ahhhh shit just got real! Dispatched woo

Though when logging in, it says dispatched on 19th. Guess it's being held at the depot now ready for friday

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Will be furiously F5ing hoping mine gets changed to shipped. I'm not too worried because I know Apple uses Overnight for pre-ordered new products for first day, but still I want to see 'Shipped' as my status lol

JaseMath

As an Android user, soon to be iOS user...

• Do I still have to use iTunes for all of my interfacing with the phone?
• Do I still have to use the ridiculous proprietary format to get custom ringtones?
• Are notifications as robust as Android (5.0+)?
• How are Google services on iOS?

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car

• Do I still have to use the ridiculous proprietary format to get custom ringtones?

-Not really, no. To do certain stuff you need iTunes, but it's not necessary.
-Yes.
-No.
-They're great. But it depends on which services you're talking about. I use Google Photos, Google Maps, and Gmail. Love them all.

xsarien

daedsiluap

1) Define "interfacing". You can easily go a year without ever having to sync it to iTunes. The phone will automatically back up to iCloud every night.
2) No idea
3) I personally find it overwhelming at times, so...that's a yes?
4) https://itunes.apple.com/us/developer/google-inc./id281956209

Owari

Ah I see. I don't think I'd want multitasking on my 6+. Divided in half, the apps would be pretty small despite the bigger screen of the 6+.
This is akin to saying "I don't think I'd like LTE on my iPhone, 3G is plenty fast."

The 6S+ is perfect for light splitscreen multitasking and it's a shame iOS 9 doesn't support it. Likely culprit? RAM/CPU issues.

100 more ppi and 0.8" larger screen are not statistics to scoff at when it comes to consuming media on the go.

Once you go phablet...
You realize it's pointless without multitasking and buy a phone that actually fits in your pocket?

Newline

You realize it's pointless without multitasking and buy a phone that actually fits in your pocket?
I dont know what pockets you have, are you a little girl that wears skinny jeans?

I'm 6'3" and i've been rocking a note 3 for two years, I wear slim jeans all the time and it's just fine. It's like the plus models were made for me, love it.

Owari

I dont know what pockets you have, are you a little girl that wears skinny jeans?

I'm 6"3 and i've been rocking a note 3 for two years, I wear slim jeans all the time and it's just fine.

I think it's funny that people think any iPhone is gender-exclusive, be it rose gold, or too big/small. What kind of backwards ass logic is that? That being said, you're right. The 6+ doesn't fit in a girl's pocket, which sucks. Might as well buy an iPad mini if you have to carry something in your purse. At least that has multitasking.

subrock

Weird, according to UPS my phone is leaving taiwan, but I still have had my status updated to shipped, nor have I been charged. Bizarre.

Newline

I think it's funny that people think any iPhone is gender-exclusive, be it rose gold, or whatever. What kind of backwards ass logic is that? That being said, you're right. The 6+ doesn't fit in a girl's pocket, which sucks. Might as well buy an iPad mini if you have to carry something in your purse. At least that has multitasking.
I don't think that, I think it seems as if it was made for someone like me seeing as it's such a perfect fit. There's a massive difference.

Sarye

I think it's funny that people think any iPhone is gender-exclusive, be it rose gold, or whatever. What kind of backwards ass logic is that? That being said, you're right. The 6+ doesn't fit in a girl's pocket, which sucks. Might as well buy an iPad mini if you have to carry something in your purse. At least that has multitasking.
Because multitasking is a more important feature than... I don't know.. making phone calls?

Look I personally think the 6S+ is too big but I can see why people like it. Your reasoning of why people should not get it is strange.

Serick

Married Member
This is akin to saying "I don't think I'd like LTE on my iPhone, 3G is plenty fast."

The 6S+ is perfect for light splitscreen multitasking and it's a shame iOS 9 doesn't support it. Likely culprit? RAM/CPU issues.

I have split-screen multitasking on my Note and never use it - as previously mentioned it still makes the apps too small to be worth using.

Oh, and my pockets are big enough for both the + and the Note... so... I guess I'm one of the lucky few with big pockets?
/s

Newline

Because multitasking is a more important feature than... I don't know.. making phone calls?

Look I personally think the 6S+ is too big but I can see why people like it. Your reasoning of why people should not get it is strange.
Yeah generally the reason people don't buy larger phones is because they don't want a phone thats larger. Doesn't seem to be the case for him, it's like he desperately wanted the plus size to work for him but it didn't, so he's left in a perpetual state of dissatisfaction.

Kibbles

Got my tracking number from AT&T, shipping via UPS praise the lord. Used myChoice online to do UPS location pickup.

Ordered my Cinder yesterday and already received the RhinoShield Crash Guard. Should be good to go on Friday.

Ninja Dom

Nah, not that. The iPad Mini 4 supports split screen multitasking and has 2GB RAM and an A8. 6S+ has 2GB RAM and an A9.

The reason is simple. It's just an iPad feature.

B33

Banned
My iPhone 6S Space Gray (64 GB) has been shipped and should arrive on Friday.

Which cases would you guys recommend?

I'm looking for something that protects the device from falls because I've dropped my iPhone 5S a handful of times. Right now I used an Otter Box Defender, and I considered switching to the Otter Box Commuter, but I have heard disappointing things about their 6 case.

I'd like to make a switch to something more ergonomic in build and price.

Akira

After much researching about wraps, I've decided to get an ultra thin case:

Amazon.iPhone 6 Plus Case, TOTALLEE The Scarf - The Thinnest Case for iPhone 6 Plus - Ultra Thin & Ultra Light - Slim Minimal Lightweight 5.5 Screen (White)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00OGLW0TI/?tag=neogaf0e-20

I was also considering the Spigen, Shumuri, Caudabe Veil, and dozens of Chinese skins on eBay but they were all either much more expensive, had ugly branding, or were going to arrive next week (like the sub $7 Chinese cases). What I like about this Totalee skin is it has no branding whatsoever. I was going to get a wrap, but the dbrand won't be shipping until next week. Meanwhile the Totalee is set to arrive tomorrow, just in time for Friday. :D

Owari

It's not that strange. People should vote with their wallets. The 6+ is a gimped device. There is a version of the 6+ with Sapphire Crystal, 3GB RAM, A9 and multitasking sitting on a desk in Cupertino, they didn't ship that one because too many people are content with kind of a lousy product.
I have split-screen multitasking on my Note and never use it - as previously mentioned it still makes the apps too small to be worth using.

Oh, and my pockets are big enough for both the + and the Note... so... I guess I'm one of the lucky few with big pockets?
/s
Of course you don't. Android is terrible. Use iOS 9 multitasking on an iPad and tell me you wouldn't want that on the 6S+

Owari

Nah, not that. The iPad Mini 4 supports split screen multitasking and has 2GB RAM and an A8. 6S+ has 2GB RAM and an A9.

The reason is simple. It's just an iPad feature.
what kind of reason is that? There is no excuse the phone doesn't have multitasking, people should be pissed. You want to know the real reason? LACK OF LANDSCAPE APP SUPPORT

Serick

Married Member
It's not that strange. People should vote with their wallets. The 6+ is a gimped device. There is a version of the 6+ with Sapphire Crystal, 3GB RAM, A9 and multitasking sitting on a desk in Cupertino, they didn't ship that one because too many people are content with kind of a lousy product.

Of course you don't. Android is terrible. Use iOS 9 multitasking on an iPad and tell me you wouldn't want that on the 6S+

Okay. Thank you for that riveting insight.

I'll be sure to regret my + purchase for the 12 months I'll be forced to use it until the 7 comes out and I can upgrade to that.

TxdoHawk

I find this hard to believe, especially now that this model has 2GB RAM. I'd imagine it's more the fact that splitting apps on the + is likely just not an enjoyable experience.

Cutting the screen in half in landscape gives you two panes shorter than the 5S screen and a smidge wider, not exactly a glut of space. Could work with some apps, but would look comical trying to stuff, say, a Safari window in that screen size, or a Twitter feed.

Owari

I find this hard to believe, especially now that this model has 2GB RAM. I'd imagine it's more the fact that splitting apps on the + is likely just not an enjoyable experience.

Cutting the screen in half in landscape gives you two panes shorter than the 5S screen and maybe just a smidge wider, not exactly a glut of space. Could work with some apps, but would look comical trying to stuff, say, a Safari window in that screen size.
Do you have a 6+? Open the messages app in landscape. Great. Now see the contacts list on the left? That's Twitter. The messages on the right? NeoGAF. It's literally an iPhone 5 width app next to an iPhone 6 width app. Not hard to do, wouldn't be an unenjoyable experience at all.

There is no reason this cannot be accomplished besides "Why would we do that, if they're buying the 6+ already"

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Looks like somebody is an Apple engineer who is broke NDA.
/s

Stop making unsubstantiated claims because you are salty that people have a different taste then you.

JoseDFrog

Banned
I thought the wait for the phone was going to be excruciatingly long but jaxapollo's posts have helped pass the time just wonderfully.

Owari

Looks like somebody is an Apple engineer who is broke NDA.
/s

Stop making unsubstantiated claims because you are salty that people have a different taste then you.
Or you could actually read my posts to see what really bothers me about the 6S+, which should bother anyone who has used multitasking on iOS.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Or you could actually read my posts to see what really bothers me about the 6S+, which should bother anyone who has used multitasking on iOS.

Except it doesn't bother many people yet you are leading the charge like some unsung hero of the apple fanbase.

I have a 6+ and just opened messages in landscape. No way in hell would that be enjoyable to cram two half sized apps onto the 5.5" screen. I bought this phone to not have to squint and have tiny ass shit on the screen all the time.

Maybe if they bump to 6" or 6.5" would that be useable. There is a good reason they aren't allowing that. It would degrade their product.

But keep up the good fight noble warrior, You are bound to make a different with your baseless facts.

Owari

Except it doesn't bother many people yet you are leading the charge like some unsung hero of the apple fanbase.

I have a 6+ and just opened messages in landscape. No way in hell would that be enjoyable to cram two half sized apps onto the 5.5" screen. I bought this phone to not have to squint and have tiny ass shit on the screen all the time.

Maybe if they bump to 6" or 6.5" would that be useable. There is a good reason they aren't allowing that. It would degrade their product.

But keep up the good fight noble warrior, You are bound to make a different with your baseless facts.
I'll make this easier for you guys: save this image and open it on the 6+
IffAbLy.jpg

There is no reason the 6S+ doesn't have this feature, but keep being mad.

Top Bottom